Liverpool Vs Stoke Tue 27 Dec 17:15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Busy period kicks off with Stoke the visitors.
Games will be coming in thick and fast now.

SAT 31 DEC- Man City H
MON 2 JAN-Sunderland A

Hardly any time inbetween the matches.

I would play our Main Xi vs stoke and City then rotate it a bit vs Sunderland.
Maybe Couts will be ready for sunderland.
Good thing is Studge is back aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:51 pm

The only time Klopp will rotate the odd player is if we have injuries so I would expect us to line up the same as we have in the last few weeks. Sturridge might be available but its highly doubtful he has the guts of 90 minutes in him so maybe an introduction early second half will be a better move.
Stoke will come here to frustrate and make the game as hard as possible for us while hoping they can steal a draw or a sneaky win. We need to expect this and behind the scenes make sure we are well rehearsed on how to break them down. Given the fact city is up next we have to take all 3 points  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Yep, given our fixture list for the next 3 months reads -

mid table team
tough team
mid table team
tough team
etc etc

we had better make sure we pick up plenty of points from those mid table sides.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:57 pm

I've had a look at the fixtures myself. We will know where we stand end March/ beg April.
Loads of tough fixtures ahead of us, long way to go.
If we are in a superb position after the Everton match in April then will have a cracking shot at the title.
However saying that it can be lost in a couple of games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:13 am

redshade » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 pm wrote:I've had a look at the fixtures myself. We will know where we stand end March/ beg April.
Loads of tough fixtures ahead of us, long way to go.
If we are in a superb position after the Everton match in April then will have a cracking shot at the title.
However saying that it can be lost in a couple of games.

It's going to be tough to hang onto Chelsea's coat tails over the next few months given our fixtures, being realistic if they keep going as they are they will probably be out of sight by mid Feb so we need them to hit a rough patch. They are certainly due one, 11 wins on the bounce is ridiculous form.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:10 am

I just have one question for this game... is Matip fit to play???
killerp

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Not sure yet mate but it looks like Klvan and Lovren will start. Both are playing well together so probably Matip won't be missed. I hope they he will be back for the City game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:06 pm

i didn't realise there was so many games on tomorrow, looks like it's only us and Stoke who are not in action.
Unfortunately though (bar Everton) all our rivals seem to have easy-ish fixtures.

ARSENAL v West Brom
CHELSEA v Bournemouth
MAN U v Sunderland
Hull v MAN CITY
Leicester v EVERTON
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Chelsea 1 up against Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge, given Chelsea's defensive record you'd have to say that game is as good as over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Now 2 up. They are just so clinical in what they do. No rollercoaster rides, just go out and get the job and move on. Even without Costa and Kante, they bring in the likes of Pedro and Fabregas. We will have done seriously well to finish above these. Overall they are the most balanced team in the league
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:22 pm

City won as well  :(
We really, really need to win tomorrow, not just because the likes of Arsenal, United, Everton etc all won but also because we play City in 4 days time and we don't want to be going into that game off the back of a draw or a loss.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:22 pm wrote:City won as well  :(
We really, really need to win tomorrow, not just because the likes of Arsenal, United, Everton etc all won but also because we play City in 4 days time and we don't want to be going into that game off the back of a draw or a loss.

I think as it stands at the moment, us, City and Arsenal will be challenging for the title. The title of the best of the rest! The way Chelsea is churning out wins is ridiculous.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:50 am

redshade » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:49 pm wrote:Not sure yet mate but it looks like Klvan and Lovren will start. Both are playing well together so probably Matip won't be missed. I hope they he will be back for the City game.

The pressure is now all on us. The trio of lovren, klavan and migs cannot make many mistakes in this game. I get the feeling each mistake will result in a goal for Stoke but we will spend 90 mins up the other end hitting the bar.
killerp

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Think we will win quite comfortably in the end tonight. Stoke are neither here or there and not having a particularly great season.

Although still a long way to go and anything can still happen, got to admit i'm struggling to see past Chelsea for the title at the moment. Forgot them losing games, at the moment i'm just hoping they draw one or two! The kind of run they are on can pretty much take away the title from other teams and with no Europe to distract them and such a strong squad, it's going to be mighty difficult to pull them back
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:58 pm

I can't see them dropping this chance mate. They were without Costa , Kante and still brushed aside Bournemouth.
They will drop points here and there but to keep up with them will be tough.
At this rate i just want them to concede a goal atleast. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games