Liverpool vs Stoke 12:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:37 pm

I hope you're right Kew but I'm not going to hold my breath, I fully expect Chelsea to beat those 2.
Even if we lose to Chelsea next week and they win all their remaining games if we beat Brighton at home we should still qualify. I'd just prefer it to be done and dusted though so we can concentrate on the CL and avoid a nerve wracking 90 mins.

In other news I see Roma won 4-1 at home today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Chelsea were lucky to get away with the win today, unlike us. Don't think they have it in them to take 4th from us though, they won't beat us at Stamford Bridge IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Basically we MUST beat Brighton at Anfield to secure top 4. Easy peasy right?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:03 pm wrote:Basically we MUST beat Brighton at Anfield to secure top 4. Easy peasy right?

A draw next week at Stamford Bridge would do us mate.
Atm Chelsea have 66 points and they have 3 games left, the most they can accrue is 75 points.
We have 72 points and we have 2 games left.
If we draw next week we will have 73 points and Chelsea would be on 67 points, the most Chelsea could accumulate would be 73 points, because of our superior GD unless Chelsea put about 5 past both Newcastle and Huddersfield we'd be in the CL even if we lost to Brighton.
It was critical that we didn't lose today, a loss today and Chelsea would have been in the driving seat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 pm

We should have sealed top 4 already but now we have to work hard for it (again).
I really wanted it to be done and dusted so then we could've just played the kids out.

I'd hate to leave it as the last game of the season to seal it, anything can happen.

Yup hopefully a draw against Chelsea will get it done for us. They will have a proper go at us which will work in our favour.
Salah will score again against them lot. Btw it felt odd that Salah didn't score today, seems like we've become spoilt. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:33 pm

redshade » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm wrote:We should have sealed top 4 already but now we have to work hard for it (again).
I really wanted it to be done and dusted so then we could've just played the kids out.

I'd hate to leave it as the last game of the season to seal it, anything can happen.

Yup hopefully a draw against Chelsea will get it done for us. They will have a proper go at us which will work in our favour.
Salah will score again against them lot. Btw it felt odd that Salah didn't score today, seems like we've become spoilt. :D

Mo has actually missed quite a few sitters over the course of the season which makes his goalscoring exploits even more remarkable. He could easily be sitting on 50 now!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:14 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:03 pm wrote:Basically we MUST beat Brighton at Anfield to secure top 4. Easy peasy right?

A draw next week at Stamford Bridge would do us mate.
Atm Chelsea have 66 points and they have 3 games left, the most they can accrue is 75 points.
We have 72 points and we have 2 games left.
If we draw next week we will have 73 points and Chelsea would be on 67 points, the most Chelsea could accumulate would be 73 points, because of our superior GD unless Chelsea put about 5 past both Newcastle and Huddersfield we'd be in the CL even if we lost to Brighton.
It was critical that we didn't lose today, a loss today and Chelsea would have been in the driving seat.

Hopefully we manage to get the draw against Chelsea. We seriously don't deal with European hangovers very well  :(
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:09 pm

Its because we've got a weak squad mate.

We really need good reinforcements next season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:16 pm

To be fair as nerve wracking as all this is it's much, much better than being 7th or 8th and having nothing left to play for.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Man... we're really limping to the finish line in the league...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 pm

maguskwt » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:24 pm wrote:Man... we're really limping to the finish line in the league...

Yeah, we've drawn 3 of our last 4 league games (West Brom, Everton and Stoke) but the CL and the size of our squad has definately played a role in that, we had to rotate in all those games. If we had played our best side we probably would have won all 3.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I've got a feeling maybe our lads are playing cautiously now in order to avoid getting injured. A chance to play in a potential champions league final for them is what dreams are made of.

What worries me is "when" we get past Roma we've got Chelsea next. I can guarantee you guys the same intensity from our lads won't be there. Alot of them will have their minds on the final.

I just want us to get points at the bridge and finish the race for top 4.

Call me pessimistic but we've got a slight worry here now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:47 pm

If you want to take points off this side ,kick off at 12:30 ,tired performance ,tired players ,lack of appetite ,lack of energy, lack of thought ,lack of cohesion ,and a distinct lack of Mane. If people still believe he's not a vital part of our set up then they really need to take in what unfolded today devoid of his running at defenders.

1 shot on target in the first 45 mins and the place was a morgue ,once again out sung by Stoke Cities traveling fans ,the atmosphere the manager insisted on just never materialized but I suppose if the players forget they re playing at Anfield that brain fog must transmit to the fans. Other than that ,Pieters had hold of Salahs shirt more than the fucking kit man,how he got away with all that shite in plain sight of the referee is beyond me.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:27 am

A draw versus Chelsea and a draw v Brighton should be enough.

Our squad is wafer thin in terms of quality. If we win the champions league with Ings, Solanke and Woodburn on the bench, it will be the greatest achievement in managerial history.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:30 am

Not even bothered by the result. Done with the league for this season. We won't lose aChesea and will ease past Brighton. Objective met and just focus on CL now.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games