Liverpool Vs Southampton

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 am

This is the second match thread I've started, the last one I started we won, this must be a good omen.  :D

So we welcome the team from the south coast who are unbeaten in four and had a good result at home to Newcastle last weekend. I saw most of the Southampton/Newcastle match and Gaston Ramirez looked very dangerous and gave Newcastle many problems.

However, we HAVE TO BEAT teams like Southampton, we should have beaten Swansea too which was a disappointment, it's time with this run coming up Rodgers gets us climbing the table. I think Southampton will still be tough (for us) to crack but an early goal here should give us confidence to go on and rip em a new one, I hope.

I think Rodgers' naviety/arrogance in selecting Downing at LB would have been an experiment better suited to this fixture but having said that after the Tottenham game I'd bench the barstewart. I'd prefer Robinson given a go where ever he is at the moment at LB but failing that I think Enrique should slot back there"

My team:

Reina

Johnson      Skertel Agger    Enrique

Gerrard  Allen
                                              Suso

Assaidai       Suarez      Sterling

It would be nice to see the midfield finally start to chip in with some goals too.  :glare:

Prediction 2-0 us.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:06 am

is ricky lambert allowed to celebrate if he scores?
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby The Raven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 am

This on paper looks like a sure fire win,

Assaidai or Cole have to start. If downing starts again at left back i will be the first person here to say BR needs to be fired.
The Raven

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 am

The Raven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:43 am wrote:This on paper looks like a sure fire win,

Assaidai or Cole have to start. If downing starts again at left back i will be the first person here to say BR needs to be fired.

that's a bit extreme.  :oh:  :no
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:10 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:59 am wrote:
The Raven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:43 am wrote:This on paper looks like a sure fire win,

that's a bit extreme.  :oh:  :no

To me it will show that he really is stuck in his own world. EVERYONE can see that he cost us the game vs spurs with his ***** poor LB display. I know its not his fault as hes a left winger but come on. BR plays him there again dispite that then he is off his rocker.

It wouldnt be to bad if we had no one to cover, but he seems to like using our first choice LB as a left winger.

For the record i dont think he will start him there. I think Cole will start and Enrique will be moved to LB.
The Raven

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:56 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:36 am wrote:This is the second match thread I've started, the last one I started we won, this must be a good omen.  :D

So we welcome the team from the south coast who are unbeaten in four and had a good result at home to Newcastle last weekend. I saw most of the Southampton/Newcastle match and Gaston Ramirez looked very dangerous and gave Newcastle many problems.

However, we HAVE TO BEAT teams like Southampton, we should have beaten Swansea too which was a disappointment, it's time with this run coming up Rodgers gets us climbing the table. I think Southampton will still be tough (for us) to crack but an early goal here should give us confidence to go on and rip em a new one, I hope.

I think Rodgers' naviety/arrogance in selecting Downing at LB would have been an experiment better suited to this fixture but having said that after the Tottenham game I'd bench the barstewart. I'd prefer Robinson given a go where ever he is at the moment at LB but failing that I think Enrique should slot back there"

My team:

Reina

Johnson      Skertel Agger    Enrique

Gerrard  Allen
                                              Suso

Assaidai       Suarez      Sterling

It would be nice to see the midfield finally start to chip in with some goals too.  :glare:

Prediction 2-0 us.

i like that team kenny, infact swap lucas for gerrard and i think it`s probably our best side atm.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 am

Muppet. :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Team - Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Suarez, Shelvey
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:35 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 am wrote:Team - Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Suarez, Shelvey

This team will keep the ball but can they score the goals.

Even so when you look at the line up we should have more points
on the board, no question about that.

Good luck to them anyway and we could do with rattling a few in this
afty.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 pm

a very easy win.

3-0 or a lot lot more
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Time to get back on track and all the best for Lucas's return  2-0
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:28 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 am wrote:Team - Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Suarez, Shelvey

HA BR listens to me.... :buttrock
The Raven

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm

decent enough side but only concern is starting lucas. he couldnt be match fit ? if anything he should be eased back into the team.
one of lucas's strongest attributes is his engine and its not often he does get injured and i just think we could be making another mistake by throwing him straight in and demanding a heros performance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm

you bell end
redno7
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games