Liverpool Vs Southampton

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 am

Do us that and the table is so tight we are still in touching distance of 4th but must keep
bagging the maximum points with a run of games we will be favourities to win. Anything
short of that and you start sliding back down the table pretty quickly.

We just need a run of 3 wins in a row that breeds confidence and momentumn as we have
won games like this before then took a step back soon after.

Ruthless and efficient we need to be and progress can be made pretty swiftly so lets hope
we can get up a head of steam over Christmas and power on with some new additions in
January.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 am wrote:We win and again we get 5 pages. Tells you something about the support on here.  :no

Anyway, it wasn't the most inspiring match or win but at the moment we're in no position to be demanding/expecting vintage performances hammering sides 5-0. So, I'll happily take that all day long thank you very much.

We bossed the first half and yet for all our efforts I thought it was going to be a goalless first half, which has been pretty typical of us for the last couple of seasons now. So it was heartening to see Agger (someone different) nod us in front with a good header.

Second half was pedestrian and one in which finals balls were worryingly wasted again.

Individual performances, well they're a few, Jose Enrique MotM for me. Just as well he's hitting some sort of form really because we're in need of the extra help that Suarez only offers. He was a beast again today marauding forward and looked more threatening than the likes of Gerrard, Sterling and Shelvey combined.

Considering Lucas has been out for 3 months I thought he did brilliantly well and didn't look as rusty as I'd have expected. His positioning is something else, and yes he gave Allen more license to go forward who especially in the first half looked slightly better trying to link up with Suarez and co with neat little passes and pressing opponents. Not so much of a goal threat mind but I didn't expect Lucas's return to suddenly make Joe Allen look like Zidane, the Brazillian's return also did nothing to help improve Gerrard's poor form. I think dropping Gerrard and playing Suso in there would be well worth a look but back to Lucas, he was pretty immense today.

Johnson, our other fullback as reliant and as consistent as ever had a good game too.

Shelvey IMO looked like a bit of a donkey. And Sterling is either knackered or has ran out of ideas a bit - he has excellent movement and a good footballing brain but doesn't to me look the threat he was with the ball at his feet as much as earlier on in the season.

It was written in the stars wasn't it, Suarez banned against WH which leaves us desperate for a recognised striker, while our 35 Million pound loan player is playing for fat heads team.

Haven't seen the table yet, but if we've managed to break into the top half (oh how times have changed), I'll drink a rum to that right now.

Sorry mate but there is very little of your review that I agree with. Some of the football we played at times was mesmerising. Suarez was very unlucky to head over after a brilliant build up. Suarez was also unlucky not to score from a fantastic free kick that hit the bar. Shelvey was incredibly unlucky not to score what would have had goal of the season written all over it when he hit the post.  Thought we were incredibly unlucky not to win four or five nil. Thought Gerrard played some brilliant balls and the return of the brilliant Lucas allowed both Stevie and Joe Allen more freedom. Enrique continued his brilliant spell. Agger and Skrtel were both immense. Johnson impressed with some great wing play. Sterling certainly had several impressive moments. And we had nearly 70% possession.

Not sure that you were watching the same match!  :grinning:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 am

Sorry mate but there is very little of your review that I agree with 

Fair enough.

Suarez was very unlucky to head over after a brilliant build up. Suarez was also unlucky not to score from a fantastic free kick that hit the bar. Shelvey was incredibly unlucky not to score what would have had goal of the season written all over it when he hit the post.  Thought we were incredibly unlucky not to win four or five nil.   

We must be the unluckiest team hey, week after week we bemoan our luck.

Sometimes, you just have to hold your hands up and realise some of your players just aren't good enough, you'd soon see luck change with more quality.

This word "unlucky" is our new avoidance of reality.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:31 am wrote:
Sorry mate but there is very little of your review that I agree with 

Fair enough.

Suarez was very unlucky to head over after a brilliant build up. Suarez was also unlucky not to score from a fantastic free kick that hit the bar. Shelvey was incredibly unlucky not to score what would have had goal of the season written all over it when he hit the post.  Thought we were incredibly unlucky not to win four or five nil.   

We must be the unluckiest team hey, week after week we bemoan our luck.

Sometimes, you just have to hold your hands up and realise some of your players just aren't good enough, you'd soon see luck change with more quality.

This word "unlucky" is our new avoidance of reality.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that but I think there is a difference in playing very average football with players like Cole,Downing,Carroll and Henderson in the team and being unlucky compared with the way we played against Southampton. Personally I thought the signs were very encouraging but that doesn't mean that there isn't one he.ll of a lot of work to be done to get back where we should be.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous