Liverpool Vs Roma 24/04 19:45 ko - CL Semi final 1st Leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 am

leeroy74 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:26 pm wrote:Mane stank the place out. For me he can pack his bags this summer. Not consistent at all.
Milner played like a warrior throughout the game. Firmino was great, Salah was class. We took Salah off against wba and we conceded2... We take him off tonight at 5 nil up and we conceded 2? Lesson to be learnt there.

Yup lets pack his bags because so far this season he isn't good enough. His scored 18 goals with 8 assists and almost played 1000 mins less than Firmino and Salah.

Mane is class he just at times over does it.

What we need is another top player who can rotate with Salah and Mane.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:42 am

Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 am wrote:Superb result to score 5 in a CL semi final..... once again Liverpool FC is feared across europe.

Unfortunate to concede two but to put it into perspective if we can't defend a 3-0 lead in the second leg we don't deserve  to be in the final anyway and Roma certainly would, having disposed of Barcelona in similar style.

Game on, well done Reds and onwards and upwards!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

It's more of a 2 and a half goal lead really, although we are 3 goals ahead a 3-0 win for them would see them go through.
It's still a great cushion to take into the second leg though, as I said last night yes we might be fretting a bit about our defence but imagine how they must be feeling? Our defence creaked a bit but theirs was absolutely torn to shreds, they wont be looking forward to facing our front 3 again that's for sure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:05 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:42 am wrote:
Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 am wrote:Superb result to score 5 in a CL semi final..... once again Liverpool FC is feared across europe.

Unfortunate to concede two but to put it into perspective if we can't defend a 3-0 lead in the second leg we don't deserve  to be in the final anyway and Roma certainly would, having disposed of Barcelona in similar style.

Game on, well done Reds and onwards and upwards!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

It's more of a 2 and a half goal lead really, although we are 3 goals ahead a 3-0 win for them would see them go through.
It's still a great cushion to take into the second leg though, as I said last night yes we might be fretting a bit about our defence but imagine how they must be feeling? Our defence creaked a bit but theirs was absolutely torn to shreds, they wont be looking forward to facing our front 3 again that's for sure.

But they actually need to score the 3rd goal so let's embrace this lead  :laugh:
Football wise we should be packing for Kiev..But Hey it's Liverpool so anything goes...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Player ratings from he Telegraph - Roma's are shockingly poor which looks good for next week.

Liverpool
Loris Karius: There was no one more relieved to see Kolarov’s shot rebound off the crossbar than the Liverpool goalkeeper after almost allowing it to squirm through his fingers. 6/10

Trent Alexander-Arnold: The 19-year-old continues to grow in stature on the big occasion. The quality of his passing, typified in the lead up to Liverpool’s third, was exemplary. 9/10

Dejan Lovren: The Croat was unfortunate not to score after crashing a header against the bar. A misjudgment for Roma’s first goal but his only mistake. 7/10

Virgil van Dijk: The Dutchman cuts a serene figure no matter how high the stakes and transmits that calmness to his team-mates. Looks worth every penny of his £75 million fee. 8/10

Andrew Robertson: It is hard to believe now that he spent much of the first four months of the season on the sidelines. So assured up and down the left flank. 9/10

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Klopp admitted the England midfielder’s knee injury looked “really bad” and his hopes of going to the World Cup now hang in the balance. A cruel blow. 6/10

Jordan Henderson: Worked tirelessly in Liverpool’s engine room but there was more than just sheer hard work to his display. Excellent throughout. 8/10

James Milner: Don’t be surprised if Gareth Southgate is on the phone begging the 32-year-old to come out of international retirement. Conceded late penalty. 9/10

Mohamed Salah: It’s getting silly now, isn’t it? Two goals, which left everyone lucky enough to witness this masterclass drooling, were followed by two assists. He could win the Ballon d’Or at this rate. 10/10

Roberto Firmino: Salah may have stolen the headlines but no one should underestimate the brilliant Brazilian’s role. Linked the play superbly and scored twice. 9/10

Sadio Mane: The Senegal forward squandered two glorious chances to put Liverpool in front in the first half but stuck at it and took his goal well. 7/10

Substitutes:Wijnaldum for Oxlade-Chamberlain, 15 – slotted in seamlessly in midfield 8; Ings for Salah, 75 – warm reception upon introduction 6; Klavan for Firmino, 90; Unused: Mignolet, Clyne, Moreno, Solanke.

Roma
Alisson: Commanding early on, the Brazilian was eventually reduced to the role of helpless bystander as he watched the goals flood in. 5/10

Federico Fazio: A chastening evening for the former Tottenham Hotspur defender, who looked dazed and confused as Liverpool ran riot in attack. 3/10

Kostas Manolas: Scorer of the goal that swept Roma into the semi-finals at Barcelona’s expense but brought back down to earth with a bump here. 3/10

Juan Jesus: The ease with which Salah breezed past him before crossing for Liverpool’s fourth summed up the Brazilian’s truly wretched night. 2/10

Alessandro Florenzi: Another who visibly wilted in the Anfield cauldron. The disconnect between him and Fazio on Roma’s right was alarming. 3/10

Daniele De Rossi: Started the game as a 34-year-old but probably felt 54 by the time he was eventually put out of his misery and subbed. 3/10

Kevin Strootman: The Dutchman claimed he was fouled in the build up to Salah’s first, which was about as much of a protest as he staged all night. 4/10

Aleksandar Kolarov: The former Manchester City defender hit the crossbar but abdicated all defensive responsibilities as Liverpool ravaged Roma’s left. 3/10

Cengiz Under: The first half largely passed him by and he was substituted at half-time as Eusebio Di Francesco sought more impetus going forward. 4/10

Rada Nainggolan: One of the few Roma players to emerge with any credit on the night. Spearheaded his side’s efforts to claw back two late goals. 6/10

Edin Dzeko: It was almost possible to feel sorry for the former Manchester City striker. Worked hard but was an isolated figure before scoring late on. 6/10

Substitutes: Schick for Under, h/t – powerless to stop Liverpool running amok 4; Gonalons for De Rossi, 67 – could not have fared any worse than the man he replaced 5; Perotti for Jesus, 67 – scored from penalty spot 6; Unused: Skorupski, Pellegrini, Bruno Peres, El Shaarawy.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:56 pm

All the pressure is now on Roma. They have to score three, we don't have to score at all.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 pm

algymoon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am wrote:It was a moral defeat and quite demoralising for the players, and it was quite evident in all the players body language, and this was mainly due to a f*cking weird, mental decision by a nutcase manager, to take off your main striking threat and give an initiative to Roma is not footballing common sense!, He ought to have replaced Sarah with his beloved superstar Solanke, and this odd manager ought to consider stating with Solanke as his main striker in return game!!!!

Some fans said that Wijnaldum had a good game, well this bum had an open goal and couldn't convert, he just spins 360 degrees each time he gets the ball in a difficult spot! a f*cking useless jewel of a weird manager.

I felt sorry for the players who have put so many efforts and hard work to produce an excellent performance for 75 minutes until an idiot of a manager ***** it up for them, knowing for a fact we have a shitty keeper (clown) and defence! who couldn't stand any pressure against WBA the worst team in the league!

f*cking Disappointment

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:22 pm

algymoon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am wrote:It was a moral defeat and quite demoralising for the players, and it was quite evident in all the players body language, and this was mainly due to a f*cking weird, mental decision by a nutcase manager, to take off your main striking threat and give an initiative to Roma is not footballing common sense!, He ought to have replaced Sarah with his beloved superstar Solanke, and this odd manager ought to consider stating with Solanke as his main striker in return game!!!!

Some fans said that Wijnaldum had a good game, well this bum had an open goal and couldn't convert, he just spins 360 degrees each time he gets the ball in a difficult spot! a f*cking useless jewel of a weird manager.

I felt sorry for the players who have put so many efforts and hard work to produce an excellent performance for 75 minutes until an idiot of a manager ***** it up for them, knowing for a fact we have a shitty keeper (clown) and defence! who couldn't stand any pressure against WBA the worst team in the league!

f*cking Disappointment

Fook me lad  :angry: 

At least you are consistent Algae with not liking Klopp but we have one foot in the final of the biggest competition that we can compete for  :nod To get there with this squad should tell you everything you need to know about the "nutcase" that is leading us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:29 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:22 pm wrote:
algymoon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am wrote:It was a moral defeat and quite demoralising for the players, and it was quite evident in all the players body language, and this was mainly due to a f*cking weird, mental decision by a nutcase manager, to take off your main striking threat and give an initiative to Roma is not footballing common sense!, He ought to have replaced Sarah with his beloved superstar Solanke, and this odd manager ought to consider stating with Solanke as his main striker in return game!!!!

f*cking Disappointment

Fook me lad  :angry: 

At least you are consistent Algae with not liking Klopp but we have one foot in the final of the biggest competition that we can compete for  :nod To get there with this squad should tell you everything you need to know about the "nutcase" that is leading us.

I think this nutcase was dropped on his head as a child..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Another special European night ,another attacking display that rattles the entrenched clique of Europe's supposed elite ,and another side needing to score three to advance in the return leg without conceding a solitary goal. If Roma manage to beat us by three without reply then they have played the game of their proverbial lives whilst defending like men possessed and thoroughly deserve to go through to the final ,however stopping the reds from scoring for 90 mins is just not feasible and I fully expect us to turn the screw and win both ties as nothing I seen last night leaves me with any trepidation or fear for the second leg.... Magical night at our yard and albeit from a complete and utter capitulation its on to KIev .

Salah is quintessentially the best player on the planet 'right now' and its not even open for debate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:43 pm

algymoon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am wrote:It was a moral defeat and quite demoralising for the players, and it was quite evident in all the players body language, and this was mainly due to a f*cking weird, mental decision by a nutcase manager, to take off your main striking threat and give an initiative to Roma is not footballing common sense!, He ought to have replaced Sarah with his beloved superstar Solanke, and this odd manager ought to consider stating with Solanke as his main striker in return game!!!!

f*cking Disappointment

Subing your best player 5 up is trivial.

Gini intrudction changed the game momentum

Against WBA 3 of the 4 defenders were subs...

We are in the CL semi leading by 3 goals.

I guess you have lot of money betting against LFC so I forgive you.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Whilst we're all telling Algy to shut the f'uck up (me included) I do have some sympathy for his albeit unpalatable expressed disappointment with the substitution of Salah.

Whatever our mangers thinking personally (and this is not with hindsight) as it happened I thought "this is ten minutes too soon  ! "

Sure enough, the minute Salah left the pitch there was a "mood swing" in the game, and Roma began to breathe.

Not having a go at Jurgen here, maybe he thought we'd put the tie to bed, I was thinking with another 15 minutes still to go and with Salah scaring the ***** out of Roma we would have added another goal, maybe even two !

All in all a brilliant performance from our lads, prior to the game none of us would have complained about taking a 3 goal advantage to Rome.

The "glass half full" part of me regrets that it's not the 5,6 or even 7 that it could have been.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 pm

I stopped cheering the goals at 4 somehow it felt inappropriate, Roma had thrown the towel in.

5 nil it was incredible really this team makes you rethink the parameters of whats possible and when you feel it they pull you back into reality, 2 late goals for Roma.

It was bitter sweet but we are now favourites for the CL and Roma are 40/1.

They haven’t conceded a goal at home in this competition but it will be extraordinary if we dont smash that record up and more remarkable if they turn this tie around.

Fantastic and memorable night, what a superb team we have and yet it has elements that can be improved, get that right and go for it this summer we will be a hell of a contender for the title.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Records are there to be broken mate I'm confident we will get a goal over there.
Wasn't similar said about Porto?

Anyhow like many i am disappointed at the 2 late goals due to the fact that we've also got important games in the epl. It is going to be a tough period for Klopp to get over these next couple of games with the thin sqaud we have. Our replacement players are just not reliable enough.
Im hoping next season we do strengthen well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:09 pm wrote:Whilst we're all telling Algy to shut the f'uck up (me included) I do have some sympathy for his albeit unpalatable expressed disappointment with the substitution of Salah.

Whatever our mangers thinking personally (and this is not with hindsight) as it happened I thought "this is ten minutes too soon  ! "

Sure enough, the minute Salah left the pitch there was a "mood swing" in the game, and Roma began to breathe.

Not having a go at Jurgen here, maybe he thought we'd put the tie to bed, I was thinking with another 15 minutes still to go and with Salah scaring the ***** out of Roma we would have added another goal, maybe even two !

All in all a brilliant performance from our lads, prior to the game none of us would have complained about taking a 3 goal advantage to Rome.

The "glass half full" part of me regrets that it's not the 5,6 or even 7 that it could have been.

I hear what you're saying.  But equally, if Klopp had left him on for the full 90 mins and Salah had picked up an injury then he'd be equally lambasted.

Can't win...and at 5-0 I think most of us would assume that we could rest someone.  However, rather than showing Klopp's inadequacies as a manager, I think the introduction of Ings reflected the limitations of our squad.  In short, we had no one on the bench who could play at the same level.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:00 pm

On a more sombre note, the fan who was attacked before the game is generating some interesting news coverage, to say the least.
I wasn't there of course but it *seems* at least from various news articles that it was unprovoked and the actions of a rogue group of Roma 'fans'. The guy attacked was in his fifties.
Footage of some bloke holding a hammer, not sure which club he was there to allegedly support.
Either way, the news coverage talks about skirmishes and violent clashes before the game and reads lie another opportunity to bash LFC fans.
One example here: http://www.punditarena.com/football/smc ... -hospital/
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games