Liverpool Vs Roma 24/04 19:45 ko - CL Semi final 1st Leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:27 pm

It's going to be incredibly hostile over there, hopefully we won't do what we did against City and gift them a goal within 2 minutes.
Even though I'm sure Roma are happy to be back in the tie they must also be a bit shellshocked as well, if our defence looked a bit creaky near the end theirs was absolutely torn to shreds.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 pm wrote:It's going to be incredibly hostile over there, hopefully we won't do what we did against City and gift them a goal within 2 minutes.
Even though I'm sure Roma are happy to be back in the tie they must also be a bit shellshocked as well, if our defence looked a bit creaky near the end theirs was absolutely torn to shreds.

We are all a bit rattled by the final 10 minutes but let's relax ,with all due respect when i look at Dzeko ,Peroti and what ever the fck they bring on they are NOT De Bruyne and Sane or Silva..So let's chill.
Yes we had another Lovern moment ,which is just a disgracefull CB ,and an unlucky/pity call be the ref on Milner and that's it...Roma didn't create much more and no the other hand it could have ended 7-8-9 up..Tomorrow it will feel great again.

Pity about the Ox as he was really turning the corner in those last games..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:11 pm wrote:To anyone who's feeling a little disapointed tonight...

Just remember that our front 3 use to be Mario Balotelli, Lazar Markovic and Rickie Lambert  :D
I honestly still believe with the right manager Markovic could have had a similar career to Salah.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Two goals late on simply gave Roma hope, due to what happened in the last round for them..

Mane was shyte tonight, his finishing and touch was shocking.

It's a shame our midfield is a bit light. Milner, Hendo and Wjnaldum is hardly the best. Had we had Gerrard, Alonso and Hamaan in our midfield, we would be spanking teams 10-0. Get Keita in and one more, maybe Lemar and we will be epic next season.

Apparently there was trouble outside the stadium with a few Roma fans outside the stadium. I'm expecting a bit of bother at their place next week.

They will go for it next week, we will catch them on the counter attack and score at least 1 goal. That's all we will need, I'm pretty sure.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Mane stank the place out. For me he can pack his bags this summer. Not consistent at all.
Milner played like a warrior throughout the game. Firmino was great, Salah was class. We took Salah off against wba and we conceded2... We take him off tonight at 5 nil up and we conceded 2? Lesson to be learnt there.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Sorry double post
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Mané was poison tonight. Muck.
Lovren wasn't a whole lot better.
How bizarre to be looking at a 5-2 scoreline thinking it's not a done deal yet.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:33 pm

When Mane missed those sitters he wasn't himself after and kept making poor decisions. At least he did score because the way he was going he easily would've fluffed that as well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:39 pm

Another point is how we are achieving what we are right now with such a thin squad... Lallana, Can and Matip out, and also Oxlade-Chamberlain as well by the looks...

Ings and Solanke on the bench, and running out of midfielders also.

Beggars belief :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:30 am

It's weird feeling slight disappointment after a 5-2 win (I would have been happy with 2-0 before the match) but we had to hold on to the clean sheet in the final minutes. Instead of making the second leg a formality, now we have to play another leg.

Oh well, maybe it's for the better. It will stop us from becoming too cocky, and we the fans will have a reason to watch the second leg. I'm certain we'll get through. Roma are surely out of miracles for this season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:00 am

Superb result to score 5 in a CL semi final..... once again Liverpool FC is feared across europe.

Unfortunate to concede two but to put it into perspective if we can't defend a 3-0 lead in the second leg we don't deserve  to be in the final anyway and Roma certainly would, having disposed of Barcelona in similar style.

Game on, well done Reds and onwards and upwards!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 am

Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 am wrote:Superb result to score 5 in a CL semi final..... once again Liverpool FC is feared across europe.

Unfortunate to concede two but to put it into perspective if we can't defend a 3-0 lead in the second leg we don't deserve  to be in the final anyway and Roma certainly would, having disposed of Barcelona in similar style.

Game on, well done Reds and onwards and upwards!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

:nod
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:25 am

Police arrest two men on suspicion of attempted murder before Liverpool vs Roma in Champions League semi-final
The victim, believed to be from Ireland, is in a critical condition

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 20726.html

C*nts.  :(
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am

It was a moral defeat and quite demoralising for the players, and it was quite evident in all the players body language, and this was mainly due to a f*cking weird, mental decision by a nutcase manager, to take off your main striking threat and give an initiative to Roma is not footballing common sense!, He ought to have replaced Sarah with his beloved superstar Solanke, and this odd manager ought to consider stating with Solanke as his main striker in return game!!!!

Some fans said that Wijnaldum had a good game, well this bum had an open goal and couldn't convert, he just spins 360 degrees each time he gets the ball in a difficult spot! a f*cking useless jewel of a weird manager.

I felt sorry for the players who have put so many efforts and hard work to produce an excellent performance for 75 minutes until an idiot of a manager ***** it up for them, knowing for a fact we have a shitty keeper (clown) and defence! who couldn't stand any pressure against WBA the worst team in the league!

f*cking Disappointment
algymoon

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:41 am

Usually i don't really like to swear at others but algy honestly you are an exception.

Just fek off will ya!!!

FFS sakes Algy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games