Liverpool vs Notts County Tuesday 27th Aug

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Fuck me ,just got in from the game ,heads pounding. I really thought another upset was on the cards,and Rodger's reluctance
to sub Gerrard is starting to worry me a wee bit. Jordan Ibe was overawed tonight ,maybe a touch of believing his own hype,but
nevertheless he definitely needs to think about releasing the ball far sooner than what he did tonight.

Wisdom was also slack at the back ,caught out of position for their first ,and ridiculously so for their second , County's players out
muscled him for the best part of the match....Thank fuck for Sturridge. Kolo's injury is a massive blow ,I was confident
going into the United game with him in our back four, Oh well that's football ,now where's that paracetamol ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Any professional athletic footballer who is paid vast amounts to play for Liverpool football club who is tired in 5 days time can leave now.

We'll be just fine. Utd are there to be beat with moyes in charge especially at anfield where his record is Sh*t to say the least. He'll pap it .
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 pm

redno7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 pm wrote:Any professional athletic footballer who is paid vast amounts to play for Liverpool football club who is tired in 5 days time can leave now.

We'll be just fine. Utd are there to be beat with moyes in charge especially at anfield where his record is Sh*t to say the least. He'll pap it .

That's a valid point, to a point. We look fragile at the back still. We have a dearth of quality centre halves. Midfield doesn't look awe inspiring right now either. And if the Filth tag team PC and DS, the goals will be hard to come by. They still have very powerful wingers with pace, and RvP can hurt us from anywhere on the pitch. Plus Shrek is on fire at the moment...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:57 pm

redno7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 pm wrote:Any professional athletic footballer who is paid vast amounts to play for Liverpool football club who is tired in 5 days time can leave now.

That's a valid point, to a point. We look fragile at the back still. We have a dearth of quality centre halves. Midfield doesn't look awe inspiring right now either. And if the Filth tag team PC and DS, the goals will be hard to come by. They still have very powerful wingers with pace, and RvP can hurt us from anywhere on the pitch. Plus Shrek is on fire at the moment...
bunglemark2

Postby crim cram » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 am

So what you're saying is, that's a valid point and we're a little fragile at the back?  Are you sure?   :D
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 am

Ho De Ho.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Focus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:59 am

Performance like last night makes me disgusted with FSG, Werner and Henry even more. The sooner they're gone the better. I still find it hard to judge BR yet so far, but I know he's better than his 2 predecessors. Because of FSG's mid table funding, BR have to rely on free transfers and season long loans to boost the squad and relying on kids is not good enough for CL qualification. The top sides do not do this kind of transfers and depend on kids and this shows that we're not up there with them yet. Now with injuries to Cissokho and Toure who are vital to our defence and Skrtel is doubtful, a draw against manure would be a welcome relief. Anyone who says FSG is doing a good job would better stay 200 metres away from me.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:36 am

Red Focus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 am wrote:Performance like last night makes me disgusted with FSG, Werner and Henry even more. The sooner they're gone the better. I still find it hard to judge BR yet so far, but I know he's better than his 2 predecessors. Because of FSG's mid table funding, BR have to rely on free transfers and season long loans to boost the squad and relying on kids is not good enough for CL qualification. The top sides do not do this kind of transfers and depend on kids and this shows that we're not up there with them yet. Now with injuries to Cissokho and Toure who are vital to our defence and Skrtel is doubtful, a draw against manure would be a welcome relief. Anyone who says FSG is doing a good job would better stay 200 metres away from me.

It depends where you live  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 am

That's exactly what can happen if you fail to kill off your opponents.

Good win in the end.

Toure is a massive blow, again he was playing like a beast - we'll be f.ucked if he's not back for the skanks.

3 games, 3 wins - that'll do me.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 am

john craig » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 pm wrote:What a pack of drama queens on here.

Injuries are part and parcel of football.

In terms of certain players playing 120 mins tonight it's only the 3rd game of the season and players aren't fully match fit so it might even help.  There's 5 days til the next game too.

The injuries were unlucky but Toure's the only real loss. It might not be as bad an injury as we fear.

We've won 3 games out of 3 so cheer up lads... early season is about results not performances.

The problem is Gerrard looks tired about 70mins of a game , he isn't young now and is starting to slow down and is recovery period will be longer. And Sturridge has just returned from a long injury lay off and getting his fitness back , seen it mentioned that he was limping when he left the pitch ( and during the game ) .

The results do matter but the performances show the weak areas that are still there from last season. Got away with it so far because teams haven't punished us when our level has dropped in the second half and Mignolet has saved us twice. Really need to step up the performances in the second half or we will be punished and lose points.
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 am

crim cram » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:10 am wrote:So what you're saying is, that's a valid point and we're a little fragile at the back?  Are you sure?   :D

Bloody so-called "smart phones" ;)
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:24 am

Didn't watch the game...but when I first saw the team sheet I was wondering wtf we played Sturridge, Gerrard & Toure yesterday...we should have given Borini & Ibe a run and see what they are made of. But hindsight is always 20/20...without Sturridge we will be deep sh1-t but then again we have a tired Gerrard & injured Toure this morning.

But it's ok...we can loan out a few more players, release the rest to cut the wage bill then pray via some miracle we will somehow get into CL for if we don't we will be digging a bigger hole for ourselves going forward. At least those dammed Gunners are being linked with players we are not even anywhere to be seen. No matter we are just being financially prudent...I got it!  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 am

Ibe did play - was a bit too enthusiastic but can see he has a lot of talent
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:49 am

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:57 am wrote:
crim cram » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:10 am wrote:So what you're saying is, that's a valid point and we're a little fragile at the back?  Are you sure?   :D

Bloody so-called "smart phones" ;)

The phones are Smart.........

As for the users.......... :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:48 am

We won the battle in the end but this could be a costly game in terms of the war, time will tell.

I can't believe a poster last night didn't know who Ibe was...  :D  Like... seriously?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games