LIVERPOOL VS  NORWICH - Saturday  22nd October 17.30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Boocity wrote:We should never have let either one of Meireles or Aqua go

Lets not drag that nonsense up again !

Yesterday was about not putting away the 3million chances we had, either bad luck or bad finishing was the reason.

I would rather us be creating and not finishing than not creating.

Merirleles or Aqua would not have made a blind bit of difference
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Overall we shouldn't be too upset.  Were still very inconsistent and are not at our best but right now Carra NEEDS to be phased out already.  He was getting bullied in the air all game long especially once Holt came on.  Downing needs to be benched a game and maybe even Suarez for all the chances he creates he is obviously too wound up all the time and needs a talking to or something. Suarez isn't taking his chances anywhere close to the level at which he should be.  Carroll really should be given a fair chance he's yet to have that here imo.  That's all I can say really.  We missed Lucas I think we would have controlled the game much better had he been in.  Our CBs are a massive issue still its not even funny.  There was a huge hole between our CBs and midfield.
Zidane

Postby dundreamin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:58 pm

City showed today how to finish,It's not that we are not making chances 29 shots on goal Carroll was a panic buy last Jan, we should of just kept the money and got a decent striker in the summer. HINDSIGHT what a wonderful thing
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:01 pm

don't think i've ever been as upset with a draw as yesterday. F**king joke that we didn't put 4 goals away...and should have had Carroll on from the 50th min.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:07 pm

RedSi35 wrote:

Yesterday was about not putting away the 3million chances we had, either bad luck or bad finishing was the reason.

Thats garbage, are you saying that if we had Meireles for instance we would not be creating, he could create and he knows were the net is
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Boocity wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:

Thats garbage, are you saying that if we had Meireles for instance we would not be creating, he could create and he knows were the net is

Think the point he's trying to make is that we weren't finishing... So adding creators to help our finishers continue to not finish wouldn't make much of a difference.  The problem wasn't that we weren't creating chances, it's that we weren't finishing them.  So we don't need to change our creators, we need to fix our finishers.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby sgs » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 pm

ethanr wrote:
Boocity wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:

Think the point he's trying to make is that we weren't finishing... So adding creators to help our finishers continue to not finish wouldn't make much of a difference.  The problem wasn't that we weren't creating chances, it's that we weren't finishing them.  So we don't need to change our creators, we need to fix our finishers.

I think we are decieving ourselves if we think its all down to taking ur chances.

Practically every opponent we've played this season, Including Brighton has been able to pass the ball around us in central MF.

We do not press the ball with any sort of effectiveness and not consistently.

We are often too open in central MF in the non-possession phase, and sloppy at the back.

We do not have technical players in MF (like Silva or Matta) or in wide areas to be able to go up another level.

Our recruitment in the summer was incomplete...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm

I agree sgs we are a long way short still and it will take a lot more money and wise investment to make any strides. Im not talking about winning the thing as that seems as far away as ever but just to be going to the line for 4th. We may pick up a bit as the season progesses but you look at other teams and we look short and another busy January may be on the cards the way its going.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:55 pm

sgs wrote:
ethanr wrote:
Boocity wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:

I think we are decieving ourselves if we think its all down to taking ur chances.

Practically every opponent we've played this season, Including Brighton has been able to pass the ball around us in central MF.

We are often too open in central MF in the non-possession phase, and sloppy at the back.

We do not have technical players in MF (like Silva or Matta) or in wide areas to be able to go up another level.

No!

If we had taken a fraction on the chances we created we not only would of won but we would be singing the praises of thd team.

Yesterday was ONLY about missed chances. By missing chances you invite pressure, that affects EVERY team in the league.

We need to work on clinical finishing and taking chances, forget all this bullsh!t posts about Meireles and Aquilani. Quite frankly if you think the result was down to failed transfer policy you need you need a psychologist!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:55 pm

sgs wrote:
ethanr wrote:
Boocity wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:

That doesn't change much concerning Meireles and Aqua...  Somebody showed a stat on here for tackles won last season, Adam had over 120 and Meireles had... 38? SOmething like that? he's the worst defending midfielder we've had in a long time.  He got too tired to easily and I was never comfortable depending on him defensively.  Aqua is very average defensively as well.

Simple fact is that we didn't take our chances.  Our defense is a little bit leaky, but you can't expect them to always keep clean sheets.  You have to assume you're going to be scored on every game, so the offense needs to step it up.  We're creating the chances, we just aren't finishing them.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:23 am

There are still many problems that desperately need fixing. For a start, our defence is shaky. The only games we've kept a clean sheet are vs Arsenal and Everton and those games they had a man sent off and they were only concerned about defending themselves. All the others we conceded at least a goal.

The Norwich game hightlight out our finishing department is poor. Suarez is a good with breaking through stubborn defenders but his finishing cannot be relied on. We need a deadly striker in the class of Rush, Fowler, Owen to partner him and the strikers we have at our disposal are far from prolific. The top 3 sides have great strikers. Manure have Hernandez, Rooney, Wellbeck. Chelsea have Drogba, Sturridge, Anelka and Torres. MCity, well, I've lost count on how many. Liverpool, what do we have? It's a laughing stock.

We tend to run out of steam in the 2nd halves, this I put down to lack of confidence. We still give too much respect to opponents.

FSG need to fund Kenny to spend on a quality striker (Carroll doesn't fit the bill) in the next window.
alwayslfc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games