Liverpool vs Middlesborough 21/05 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun May 21, 2017 8:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 21, 2017 7:46 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 pm wrote:Job done and congratulations to Klopp and the boys, and CSKA have done us a huge favour in winning their last game 4-0 leaving us now seeded for the Champions League meaning we will now avoid the bigger teams and face teams from potentially either Scotland, Norway or Greece  :)

Well done boys, I never doubted you

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-seeded-champions-league-play-13069109

great stuff, thanks for that mate :bowdown

I wonder when they will set up the ties.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 21, 2017 9:04 pm

redshade » Sun May 21, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 21, 2017 7:46 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 pm wrote:Job done and congratulations to Klopp and the boys, and CSKA have done us a huge favour in winning their last game 4-0 leaving us now seeded for the Champions League meaning we will now avoid the bigger teams and face teams from potentially either Scotland, Norway or Greece  :)

Well done boys, I never doubted you

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-seeded-champions-league-play-13069109

great stuff, thanks for that mate :bowdown

I wonder when they will set up the ties.

If they are played in August I imagine it will be some time in July, only guessing there though
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 am

Good result and a great way to finish the season.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

After the miserable last few years we have had there is some light starting to appear at the end of a long tunnel.

I'm really hoping we have a massive summer bringing in the quality we need to be competitive in both the CL and league next season.

This is FSG's last chance if they f**k around bringing in more kids, they and both Klopp are done.

It's quiet simple, we need key players for key positions. We need a LB, DM and ST. If possible a new keeper and RB as well. But those are the priorities.

No f**king about this time. The players were able to rebound and salvage something from this season, the spotlight is now well and truly on Henry and co.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Mon May 22, 2017 12:28 am

Were going to need quite a few additions due to the fact that we will be playing our high intense footy in the league and Champions league (if we qualify).
I hope they players don't get knackered by Jan/Feb. We must increase our squad size with quality and address our weaknesses.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon May 22, 2017 8:16 am

Great result reds after what proved to  be a very tricky second-half to the season.  We certainly rode our luck when the referee decided that pulling somebody back in the penalty area was not a penalty  !! Lovren has the same crazy moments as Skittles and it's very easy to have a go at him. But let's face it he may just have stopped Middlesborough from scoring a goal that would have caused us a massive headache !! We certainly deserved a bit of luck after the injuries we have had this season to all our key players.

Three cracking goals from Gini especially because it was so vital and the timing was critical. Couts and Lana also took their goals brilliantly. What a change to be able to enjoy the last 20 minutes of a Liverpool game !! Really fed up with the quality our full backs offer in attack and for me they both need a massive upgrade.

Well done JK. You got us over the line. Just maybe CSKA have done us the biggest favour of the season. Playing one of the seeded teams in the CL group qualifier could have been a problem !!

As for the nutcase Algymoron time to crawl back in your little BLUE tent for the summer after another season of misery !!
Last edited by devaney on Mon May 22, 2017 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:09 am

Well the game went to plan. mission accomplished for the owners and for Klopp. Lets not get lost too much in the moment as we have some issues to address if we want to improve on this season. As for this game - congrats to all for pulling it out and getting us over the line.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 22, 2017 9:09 am

Sky really pi$$ me off, I've been up and watching Sky Sports News since about 4.30am and on the hour they always show the main football highlights, but instead of focusing on Liverpool who DID qualify for Champions League they are focusing on Arsenal NOT making it

Bunch of to$$ers  :censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 am

Delighted that season is over and we managed to hold our nerve for 4th.  :buttrock  All I want to see now is decent players that will improve on this and having CL should give us an advantage on who we sign.
Can't wait till August and we go again!!  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon May 22, 2017 1:16 pm

congratulations to the players for securing the minimum requirements the 4 spot, that is despite their limited abilities and useless training regime by the nutcase! All the credit goes to the players.
Next season will be extremely tougher than this miserable season, and it all depends on the manager and the club owner, whom both I have no faith or a trust.

We will see the goings and comings of the players, however, I am convinced the new coming players will not top class,  the likes of clyne, Firmino, origi, Klavan, Moreno, Mignolet, Karius, and even Henderson who are all useless will remain in squad, and more of the same will come to the LFC.

For now everyone, players, staffs, Fans must enjoy this littel achievement for the next summer months, and good luck for next season.
algymoon

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 22, 2017 6:04 pm

algymoon » Mon May 22, 2017 12:16 pm wrote:congratulations to the players for securing the minimum requirements the 4 spot, that is despite their limited abilities and useless training regime by the nutcase! All the credit goes to the players.
Next season will be extremely tougher than this miserable season, and it all depends on the manager and the club owner, whom both I have no faith or a trust.

We will see the goings and comings of the players, however, I am convinced the new coming players will not top class,  the likes of clyne, Firmino, origi, Klavan, Moreno, Mignolet, Karius, and even Henderson who are all useless will remain in squad, and more of the same will come to the LFC.

For now everyone, players, staffs, Fans must enjoy this littel achievement for the next summer months, and good luck for next season.

:D ... he doesnt sound like a liverpool fan at all...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 pm

What a miserable season  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 22, 2017 8:16 pm

So no credit to  "nutcase" Klopp then. :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 22, 2017 8:23 pm

redshade » Mon May 22, 2017 7:16 pm wrote:So no credit to  "nutcase" Klopp then. :D.

Not after the season we've had. I'm surprised he's not been sacked  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 pm

7_Kewell » Mon May 22, 2017 7:23 pm wrote:
redshade » Mon May 22, 2017 7:16 pm wrote:So no credit to  "nutcase" Klopp then. :D.

Not after the season we've had. I'm surprised he's not been sacked  :D

There was some grudging praise there though, Algy is obviously mellowing out in his old age  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Suprised Algy didn't have anything to say about our new kit   :D

Personally I thought we looked great in it   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games