LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Sunday 25th october 2009

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:38 am

:bowdown
Benny The Noon

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 pm

I thought Johnson had an excellent game on Sunday. True he didn’t get forward much but he was commanding in all of his defensive work and never looked troubled no matter who was up against. He did a lot of good work up against Rooney. Well done lad.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Reg wrote:Daily Telegraph

Liverpool v Manchester United: player ratings
How did the players fare as Liverpool beat Manchester United 2-0 in the Premier League football match at Anfield on Sunday Oct 25, 2009.

Liverpool 2 Manchester United 0

Pepe Reina
Other than clear a few pre-match beach-balls, the Liverpool keeper had little to do. Made a routine first-half save from Rooney. 6

Glen Johnson
Took a chance by playing his usual attack-minded game, despite being directly up against Ryan Giggs and Patrice Evra, but the full-back came through unscathed. 7

Jamie Carragher
Might be slowing up, but Carragher makes up for that in so many ways, even if one of them involved wrestling Michael Owen to the ground. Lucky to avoid red card. 8

Daniel Agger
It’s a good day for the Dane if he doesn’t make a mistake and this was one of his good days, although much of his sure-footing must go down to Carragher’s influence. 7

Emiliano Insua
United had plenty of joy down Insua’s flank with Valencia tormenting the young full-back. Not good enough to hold down a regular spot at a big four club. 5

Lucas
Not the most popular player on the Kop, but he was probably Liverpool’s best midfielder on this occasion. Broke up play and completed his task. 7

Javier Mascherano
The Argentine hasn’t played to his best all season and he was below par again. Luckily for him, Lucas covered up for his shortcomings before his injury-time dismissal for lunge on Edwin van der Sar. 5

Dirk Kuyt
Kuyt was a thorn in United’s side all afternoon. His work-rate was non-stop and he was always at the heart of the action for Liverpool. 7

Yossi Benayoun
A quiet game from the Israeli, but he produced the pass for Torres to score, so he justified his selection for that alone. 7

Fabio Aurelio
Not the most natural midfielder, but he gave Liverpool much-needed experience in the absence of the injured Steven Gerrard and also provided left-sided balance. 7

Fernando Torres
Looked troubled by his recent injury and was having one of his poorer games until he showed what he is all about with his goal. 7

Substitutes
David Ngog: On for Torres 81

Manchester United

Edwin van der Sar
Stunning double save to keep out Fabio Aurelio’s free-kick and Dirk Kuyt’s follow-up. No chance with either goal. 7

John O'Shea
Let himself down with some poor distribution in the first-half. Could be vulnerable once Wes Brown returns to full fitness. 5

Rio Ferdinand
Had looked confident and assured until he was exposed for pace by a half-fit Torres for Liverpool’s opening goal. Without his pace, Ferdinand drops into the ranks of mortals. 6

Nemanja Vidic
Had his nervous moments against Torres time and again before late dismissal. Has never been the same since being mauled by the Liverpool forward in 4-1 Old Trafford defeat last March. 5

Patrice Evra
If every United defender was like Evra, they would have no problems at all. Unbeatable at the back and adventurous going forward. Best left-back around. Booked. 7

Antonio Valencia
The Ecuadorean midfielder is growing into his role at United after a slow start following his summer move from Wigan. Produced some dangerous crosses. 7

Paul Scholes
At the hub of everything for United, although a rare moment of sloppiness almost led to a goal when he was dispossessed by Lucas. Faded in second-half. 6

Michael Carrick
Found it difficult to find a role for himself with Scholes so impressive and dominant alongside him, but his economy on the ball allowed United to boss the midfield. 6

Ryan Giggs
No wonder there is a campaign running to have him knighted! Never gave the ball away and his eye for a pass kept Liverpool on edge throughout. 7

Wayne Rooney
Looked short of his best following a two-week calf injury lay-off. One of his most uninspiring games in a United shirt, but he can put that down to lack of match fitness. 6

Dimitar Berbatov
No hiding the fact that he looks happier playing alongside Michael Owen than Rooney. Needs to do more than this to justify his club record price tag. Booked. 5

Substitutes

Michael Owen: On for Berbatov 74
Nani: On for Scholes 74

Worst rating I've ever seen for Liverpool players,

the guy is taking the p!ss, Lucas and Masch both deserve an 8, Torres 9, Carra 9.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:37 pm

:laugh: eat yeh heart out Andy Gray

Brilliant

http://www.fernando9torres.com/index.p....os&c=10
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:43 pm

What really pi$$e$ me off about that game is that nobody had the cojones to lamp that w@nker Owen out of it. I read an interview with Carra at the weekend where he expresses his "disappointment" at the reception that scutty maggot received when he returned to Anfield in a Magpies jersey. Well, Carra, how did you feel when he had that filth on his back ?
Man I'm not impressed he didn't get a good kickin'....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby beng » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am

Grade player's efforts in the game
http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches....49.aspx
beng

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm

One of the big mysteries in life is Berbatov. Is there something I´m missing or is he an over-rated enigma who fergie plays hoping that one day he´ll produce the goods? I´ve never watched him and come away impressed whereas Giggs, Rooney, Scholes seem to turn it on week in week out? ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:25 am

heimdall wrote:Fantastic win but I'm still far from convinced about Lucas and "Wash", I just don't see what they add to the team. OK OK Eggnog got the goal but ffs it would have been harder to miss than score and he almost fluffed it.

Anyway very very happy with the win but please get match sharp soon Aquaman, we need you!

Heimdall - I have give Ngog some justifiable stick in the past but your comments are utter sh.ite! Easier to score than miss my a.rse! Under massive pressure in front of a demanding KOP and probably our biggest game of the season Ngog did brilliantly. Credit where credits due. Easier to miss - you muppet!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 am

andy663 wrote:I suggest you read the forum rules before joining.

It quite clearly states a fan of any club is welcome for some friendly banter.

Here is some friendly banter! Fk off you complete an utter little :censored:. When Liverpool were winning everything in the seventies and the eighties we were proud but we didn't gloat. Learn some manners and p.iss off!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:21 am

devaney wrote:
heimdall wrote:Fantastic win but I'm still far from convinced about Lucas and "Wash", I just don't see what they add to the team. OK OK Eggnog got the goal but ffs it would have been harder to miss than score and he almost fluffed it.

Anyway very very happy with the win but please get match sharp soon Aquaman, we need you!

Heimdall - I have give Ngog some justifiable stick in the past but your comments are utter sh.ite! Easier to score than miss my a.rse! Under massive pressure in front of a demanding KOP and probably our biggest game of the season Ngog did brilliantly. Credit where credits due. Easier to miss - you muppet!

Have to agree with that N'Gog took his goal brilliantly!
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAVE THAT, YOU MISERABLE, DOUBTING, RAFA-BASHING, IMBECILIC C
UNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One win in six games - you are one easily pleased moronic tw.at!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:26 am

devaney wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:edit - waste of space

One win in six games - you are one easily pleased moronic tw.at!

some people are easily pleased or have no ambition  :laugh:

if only our players can produce that type of performance week in and out we would be champs for sure. everyone had an amazing game and Lucas looked transformed.
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games