Liverpool vs Man Utd Sunday Jan 17 14:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:52 pm

How bad i want us to beat these *****.
Mannure have been very similar to us this season. No real consistency and firepower upfront.
However given that its against one of the "top" sides i fancy us. We always rise to the occasion and give it our all.

Mig

Clyne Tourè Sakho Moreno

Hendo  Can(Allen)

Ibe   Lallana Milner

Firmino

I would like to see that line up.
Benteke should not start, on as a sub preferable.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Klopp on injuries "Henderson okay, Ibe okay, Sakho okay. Kolo is still in the ice bath. No update on Sturridge."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:16 pm

A win could put us within 2 points of the top 4. However, I have a horrible feeling this will be a 1-1 draw. Hope I'm wrong.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:44 pm

I'm plumping for a 2 - 2 draw with Rooney scoring a 93rd minute penalty because some sniper took down Depay in the box.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Hopefully we cope with Martial a bit better than we did at Old Trafford.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I wish we could play Lucas for this one as I think we missed him against Arsenal (don't think it would have been so easy for them to score with Lucas playing), but both Can and Hendo are playing well so it wouldn't be OK to drop one of them either. If we are in the lead though we should definitely bring him on.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Im confident about this one more than i was vs Arsenal. I think will win either 3-2 or 4-3.

It will be a big scoring game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Fancy us to win.

Surely we can't defend as badly as we did v Arsenal? And I think we owe United a beating.

Firmino looks like he might explode into the player we thought we bought in the summer. Hendo available is also key for us.

Not sure if Kolo has the legs for 2 intense games in a week given his age and that he's clearly carrying minor injuries. Not sure klopp will want to risk giving Caulker his starting debut against these either tho. Not sure what way klopp will go at the back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Binomial » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:01 pm

any XI of ours consisting of bogdan or mignolet and we deserve to lose.

ward clyne caulker sakho moreno can henderson allen milner ibe firmino

Subs: Fulton, ilori, smith, lucas, lallana, texeira, benteke
Binomial
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:12 pm

As much as im not a fan of mignolet i still think he should play ahead of Ward vs the mancs. It could be a game to intense for Ward to start off with and if he performs below par it could rock his confidence.
Ward should start vs Exeter and from then on will see how he performs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:42 pm

damjan193 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:48 pm wrote:I wish we could play Lucas for this one as I think we missed him against Arsenal (don't think it would have been so easy for them to score with Lucas playing), but both Can and Hendo are playing well so it wouldn't be OK to drop one of them either. If we are in the lead though we should definitely bring him on.

I'd start with Hendo and Can, tell them to give it all they've got for an hour or so and then replace them with Allen and Lucas when they start to run out of gas. When we really press teams we arguably look the best side in the country but we struggle to maintain that intensity, replacing both our CM's around the 70 minute mark might just help.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Binomial » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:01 pm wrote:any XI of ours consisting of bogdan or mignolet and we deserve to lose.

ward clyne caulker sakho moreno can henderson allen milner ibe firmino

Subs: Fulton, ilori, smith, lucas, lallana, texeira, benteke

Playing Caulker in this one might not be a bad shout, I'll be amazed if they don't start with Fellaini especially given how ropey we have looked against the more physical sides in the division. When teams have tried to outplay us we have given them all they can handle but the ones that have turned it into an arm wrestle have wiped the floor with us. I'm sure even LVG and Giggs have noticed that.
How we handle Fellaini will probably be the key to the match and Caulker could be tailor made for that job.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 am

I think you're on the money re handling Fellini Yakka.

I'm also slightly concerned that Rooney has hit goalscoring form. All through his career he's scored in purple patches then gone through droughts. We're coming up against him at a bad time.

I just think that with that Arsenal performance and with the late equaliser, Klopp's personality is starting to imprint on this team. Hendo is, I have to say, a perfect captain for a Klopp team with the tempo he sets and him coming back in is almost as important to us as having a fit Sturridge.

I said before I think we owe these a beating and I can see us winning a high scoring game. Obviously Mignolet will throw one or two in the net but we should have enough to beat them at home with a pumped up crowd on the back of the Arsenal game... I hope!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:48 am

JC_81 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:12 am wrote:I think you're on the money re handling Fellini Yakka.

I'm also slightly concerned that Rooney has hit goalscoring form. All through his career he's scored in purple patches then gone through droughts. We're coming up against him at a bad time.

I just think that with that Arsenal performance and with the late equaliser, Klopp's personality is starting to imprint on this team. Hendo is, I have to say, a perfect captain for a Klopp team with the tempo he sets and him coming back in is almost as important to us as having a fit Sturridge.

I said before I think we owe these a beating and I can see us winning a high scoring game. Obviously Mignolet will throw one or two in the net but we should have enough to beat them at home with a pumped up crowd on the back of the Arsenal game... I hope!

You are right mate we do owe these a beating, they have generally been underwhelming under LVG but if you look at the 3 Liverpool/United games under his tenure they have won them all pretty convincingly. They have scored quite a few along the way too which is ironic given their troubles in front of goal. We are due a win and hopefully that is what will happen tomorrow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Whatever happens, cannot see us losing this one at all. At worse a draw. I think we will win. Probably nothing spectacular but a fairly comfortable 2-0 or 2-1. Utd are a very ordinary team nowadays although well organised, nothing really worries me about them
Doeboy

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games