Liverpool vs Man Utd Sunday Jan 17 14:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:31 pm

There are 2 reasons Lallana won't be sold.

1. We don't have any replacements really. Ibe has been abysmal lately.
2. Lfc would make a huge loss.

8 pts to 4th and 2 pts to 12th. Another season gone :(
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Top 4 is looking very unlikely. Our patchy form plus the teams above us not dropping too many points is going to make it extremely difficult unless we go on an amazing run and other teams also start slipping up
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Top four is gone in my opinion. I think if we ahould concentrate more on trying to win Europa league.

Anyhow its was typical typical united. Jammy b*$tards. The orgre had to get the wining goal.
They were there for the taking we teally should have beaten then. We needed our injury crock studge for this one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:55 pm

We played well, we just fell for the classic sucker punch. As one or two have said that's the league gone now so we may as well just concentrate on the cups. We are not going to claw back 10 points in 16 games on teams like Spurs and Leicester who are more consistent than us anyway.
We still have a decent chance of making the CL though, if Firmino keeps this form up and we get Coutinho and Sturridge back we could go close in the Europa League. We have shown against the likes of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and even United today that we can compete against the big boys in one off games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Thought a draw would have been a fair result today, but these things happen and our inability to defender corners is really worrying.

Not much else to add that hasn't already been said. Huge clear out needed and we're going to make massive losses on Lallana, Benteke and Allen. Then there's the loan players, Lazar and Mario who will probably go too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:12 pm

Dogshite again. Of all teams to lose to, when THEY are even worse than we are, and they score with their ONLY shot on target. Shyte defending again. Toothless up front. A striker who would put the fear of god into any defence but won't put his body on the line....
Am gutted yet again.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:55 pm wrote:We played well, we just fell for the classic sucker punch. As one or two have said that's the league gone now so we may as well just concentrate on the cups. We are not going to claw back 10 points in 16 games on teams like Spurs and Leicester who are more consistent than us anyway.
We still have a decent chance of making the CL though, if Firmino keeps this form up and we get Coutinho and Sturridge back we could go close in the Europa League. We have shown against the likes of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and even United today that we can compete against the big boys in one off games.

Yeah i agree. We should focus on europa. We have shown this season that we can rise to the occasion at times and who knows anything is possible in europe.
In the league were struggling to string few wins together. I really can't season us performing well on a regular basis. We have been playing catch up all season. I think will finish between 6th and 9th.
A lot of work needs to be done with the squad we have.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Nothing worse than losing to the mancs ,unless of course its Rooney who scores the winner and its against the worst United team you've ever seen at Anfield.
This season is a write off ,and the sooner we come to this realisation then the better. Lucas controlled everything and Milner was superb ,Can was as slow as
gut rot and Henderson couldn't produce a tackle if someone had stolen his hair gel ,I actually could swear he pulled his head away from the ball in his own box ,but I'm not sure from where I was sitting ,either way it didn't look good form for a supposed Captain.

Lallana is not even a luxury player anymore ,I'm pretty sure 'Luxuries' supposedly make life that little bit easier ,but Lallana has a habit of giving this uncomplicated game  a persecution complex ,in as such as he struggles with football being a simple game and burdens it with overcooking it to a
fucking frazzle.

We have the worst injury crisis in recent memory ,and Sturridge has seemingly burnt all his bridges as far as Klopps concerned ,which is worrying as he is our only striker who guarantees our domination of games will produce the desired result.

We all knew Klopp needed to uproot certain players and that drastic moves were needed to become familiar with winning games ,but it seems even the greatest of optimists would have to concur that practically a  complete rip out is the only requisite course of action open to our manager now !

I don't like losing to the mancs at any point in the season ,I don't particularly like leaving the Kop listening to the United away crew celebrating a win with the worst United team in living memory ,but if this means that Klopp finally reaches the end of his tether with some of the team  then I will take the defeat as the catalyst for change.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Its not that difficult to shut out our non existent attack at Anfield and then just wait for a set play with a 50% chance of scoring with a half decent delivery.

Im getting a bit fed up with not really knowing what the club wants to be and Klopps arrival doesnt appear to have set us on a different course in terms of recruitment, riskys buys linked, nothing that provides instant solutions.

We can talk about maybe in 2 or 3 years but nobody accepts long term planning now neither owners nor fans and this management team needs a good summer in the market to get everyone behind it again, we are sick to death of failure, hopes raised then dashed and theres nothing worse than losing to United, a poor United at that.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Well said. Pi$$es me off though to think of the money wasted on Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli, Allen and others who have added nothing to this club. Money wasted by Rodgers and others on players who we will get fookall back on. Who nobody else was daft enough to consider paying what we did when bargains and quality have been snapped up by West Ham, So'ton, Watford and others.
Am disgusted we were so weak today though with Ings up there instead of Firmino we might have scored at least once!!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:49 pm

If Ings was available all season we would have managed to snap a lot more points then we have now.

As for this season i agree thank Rogers the for the shyte he left JK. I hope many are sold and replaced. We will be losing out on money but who cares.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:44 pm

redshade » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:21 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:55 pm wrote:We played well, we just fell for the classic sucker punch. As one or two have said that's the league gone now so we may as well just concentrate on the cups. We are not going to claw back 10 points in 16 games on teams like Spurs and Leicester who are more consistent than us anyway.

Yeah i agree. We should focus on europa. We have shown this season that we can rise to the occasion at times and who knows anything is possible in europe.
In the league were struggling to string few wins together. I really can't season us performing well on a regular basis. We have been playing catch up all season. I think will finish between 6th and 9th.

A good draw can help too, I know there's a lot of good teams left in the EL but if we get past Ausburg we'll be into to the last 16 and once you get down to that stage anything can happen, in fact a decent draw at that point and you'll find most of the better teams will have knocked each other out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:53 pm

That lot are dogshyte but still managed to beat us  :down: Its absolutely disgraceful the amount of chances we are wasting and in the meantime they get one chance and get the goal. We had 4 fooking defenders on feilani and yet he still managed to out jump the lot of em :help .

I've been saying it for ages that Lallana is terrible and today that seem's to have hit home with a few. He does nothing but take up space on the pitch. Henderson is also a waster and a disgrace to the armband, all his anger and frustration goes verbal at the officials rather than into his tackling and play. At least 95% of his touches today were back toward our goal. Never captain material  :no

Really disappointing game
:down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:44 pm wrote:
redshade » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:21 pm wrote:

A good draw can help too, I know there's a lot of good teams left in the EL but if we get past Ausburg we'll be into to the last 16 and once you get down to that stage anything can happen, in fact a decent draw at that point and you'll find most of the better teams will have knocked each other out.

As soon as we run into a half decent side yakka we are out of that as well. Remember that this is pretty much the same side that bombed in last years CL and again in the EL.
They don't have the mentality be champions of anything.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 pm

I feel sorry for Klopp he's inherited this side and to make things worse he's struggled to get any good players in the January transfer window. I have faith he will rebuild this side in the summer and until then we just have to be patient. We were the best side again today but failed to put our chances away again..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games