Liverpool Vs Man Utd 14/10 12:30 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:Last thing, its a kind of sad indictment on the modern game  when a Liverpool fan  cant proffer the credit duly earned by players who gave everything out there today.  :(

Sad indictment of the modern game really. Oddly enough, they are the same ones who are now downplaying our top 4 finish from last season.

You'd have thought that Klopp had taken over a title winning side the way some go on. Instead of a disjointed midtable team that was heading on a downward spiral.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:It was heartening to see the players really working for the red shirt on their back,they left everything on the field out there today and without the manager personally sprinting onto the pitch to put the ball in the onion bag he got his game plan spot on,I mean the chances we missed we could have buried that lot earlier and if Can or Matip converts we come away with a 2-0 win and its heralded as a tactical masterclass.

I thought Henderson was immense he chased down every ball and bit into challenges with real vigor and Wijnaldum had Matic gasping for breath with the intensity of his pressing, Coutinho and Firmino linked up well and Gomez was brilliant against firstly Martial and then Rashford. I think a solid display all round bodes really well for the forthcoming fixtures and I have no doubt that sooner or later we will rid ourselves of our current profligacy in front of goal and we will run up veritable cricket scores

Last thing, its a kind of sad indictment on the modern game  when a Liverpool fan  cant proffer the credit duly earned by players who gave everything out there today.  :(

Tearing up lads? Team worked hard and clearly was the better side no doubt however...same squandering of chances and yes lack if quality..You people adore the working rate of Hendo and Gomez but where is the quality? Hendo is terrified of making a forward pass in fear of losing the ball and Gomez can't pass or cross a ball..so wake the fck up ,yes we were better but fcking Moureen got his point.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Do people think Klopp could have maybe gambled a bit more and taken one of Hendo, Can or Wijnaldum off off in place of say Sturridge or Ox? I know Yakka made the point of not wanting to see those 3 start and instead play an extra attacker and Carra was making a similar point of maybe Klopp not gambling enough to get the win with his subs.

I don't think Klopp wanted to lose that solidity in the middle but maybe he should have gambled a bit more?
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:10 am

Doeboy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 pm wrote:Do people think Klopp could have maybe gambled a bit more and taken one of Hendo, Can or Wijnaldum off off in place of say Sturridge or Ox? I know Yakka made the point of not wanting to see those 3 start and instead play an extra attacker and Carra was making a similar point of maybe Klopp not gambling enough to get the win with his subs.

I don't think Klopp wanted to lose that solidity in the middle but maybe he should have gambled a bit more?

I suppose from his point of view we were firmly in control and he probably didn't want to do anything too drastic tactically in case it gave United a foothold in the game and allowed them back into the contest. Don't forget United have scored a hell of a lot of goals this season, I'm not just talking about the hammerings they handed out to the likes of Swansea, West Ham and Everton earlier on in the campaign even in the 2 games leading up to today's match they put 4 past CSKA Moscow and 4 past Palace, Jurgen had to respect that type of firepower, he couldn't take too many risks.
The build up on Sky was practically the Romelu Lukaku show and I think a lot of people genuinely thought even with Mourinho's negative tactics Uniteds attack would make mincemeat of our dodgy defence today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:18 am

Mikz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:17 pm wrote:Lovren is a f.king embarrassment

Was one of our best players today.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:22 am

Eagle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:18 pm wrote:
Mikz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:17 pm wrote:Lovren is a f.king embarrassment

Was one of our best players today.

Agreed. Our defence played surprisingly well against a very potent attack.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 am

Ox looked lively when he came on im hoping Klopp starts him on Tuesday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:28 am

I thought we dominated play and thought Hendo and Gomez had very tidy games. Unfortunate not to have won as we were the most likely to do so. Maureen's negative football might have won a point but Utd fans must be a little disappointed that after 500million plus, with all that attacking talent and the press claiming them as the best team in the world that they could not do anything except park the bus, there was no moral victory. Maureen's post match interview he was saying how in control they were of the match and other equally nauseating cr@p but at some point he will paint himself into a corner as he does wherever he goes and those attacking players he has will start to question his tactics as all they are allowed to do is defend and it will turn pear shaped over there. I just pray he does not win a title before that happens and I find myself wishing City keep up this level of play since we are not really in the running. If ManUre do not win the title this year or next he will implode as he always does.

Those on here praising Maureen because he won a point are comical, his tactic is keep it tight and punish mistakes that then open the floodgates and that never happened so the only thing he was successful at was keeping it tight. All the press today will question him parking the bus with all the talent at his disposal. Remember that they have played mainly against bottom half teams and that they have had an easier ride so far. If ManUre fans remember the attacking football of Ferguson then they surely will question this negative team they have become. I think their negative football will only increase this year as they play tougher teams and the pressure will start to get to him. I just hope they fail to win the title as that will extend his tenure and frankly I'm sick of listening to him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 am

Any side aspiring to win the league surely has to show more ambition than united did. I could understand if it were later in the year, but this was game 8!!! What a fraud Maureen is.

I thought we did ok, in what was a rubbish game. The main concern is that we're still struggling to put it in the back of the net. Despite the bus, we still managed to fashion some clear opportunities, one of which should have been taken. Salah needs to improve on his shot on sight policy and be more aware, he took one off Couthino's toes in the first half when it was calling for a right foot first time hit.

Also, can anyone tell me why Darmian did not even get booked for an incredibly high foot in the second half? The referee did not have much to do, but when he needed to he did nothing.
red_indian

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:30 am

Disappointed we didnt take advantage on the day, United will not win the league.

Substituting our two best players was a poor decision to me for what 10 mins was and killed our chance of winning.

We defended ok against a team that didnt attack and again failed to scored, a worrying theme, teams wise to our attacking strategy now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:36 am

A game Liverpool team should have won due to their total control, ONLY if they had a top striker top finisher! This the team problem for the last four years, which it remained unsolved. The biggest achievement is a clean sheet!
A mid-table team performance, with a manager who claims he is the Best Manager in League and for Liverpool!! which it does indicate how this man is mentally retarded? a mid-table prospect which it will be his outcome for this season.

I thought the players who have stood out were  Gomez, CAN, Hendo, Moreno and the center CB pairing. Wijaldum too negative, and as for the expensive Salah, really, he does not need to have general training, but only to focus on shooting practices every weeks, a total f*cking useless!!
algymoon

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:58 pm

It was a disappointing game in fairness made worse by our inability to capitalise on our domination again. Far too many missed chances that we should be putting away. The task wasn't any easier because they parked the bus but whats worrying is that we still have no answer for this.
They were happy getting a point and I think we were happy with it as well because we didn't do anything to shake it up. We made changes to the personnel but not to how we were playing so it remained comfortable enough for them to see it out. Taking Phil off is also a mistake because he is our best player and the only one capable of producing something from nothing. When he leaves the field so does our confidence so considering he is sure to leave for Barca what do we care if he's on crutches when he does.

Best for us on the day was Phil as usual followed up by what I thought was a good game from Gomez. He deserves credit for shackling both Martial and Rashford in probably the biggest game of his career. Our dull midfield trio also played extremely well and the main reason that Manure rarely got at us.

Its far to early to be talking about turning corners off the back of that performance but should we go and hand it to Maribor and then take 3 points off Spurs then we can start to hope.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:24 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:28 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:Last thing, its a kind of sad indictment on the modern game  when a Liverpool fan  cant proffer the credit duly earned by players who gave everything out there today.  :(

Sad indictment of the modern game really. Oddly enough, they are the same ones who are now downplaying our top 4 finish from last season.

You'd have thought that Klopp had taken over a title winning side the way some go on. Instead of a disjointed midtable team that was heading on a downward spiral.

There the reason I avoid social media,its crammed with ***** ,at least on here you only have a handful  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:09 pm wrote:We are in the same boat as Arsenal and Chelsea, 9 points off the top with 8 games gone.
If I was looking for positives one of them would be no matter who we have played this season, wether it be City, United, Arsenal, Seville or whoever I have yet to watch a 11 v 11 game where i didn't think we were the better side.
Those 5 goals we conceded away at City don't look quite so bad now either, City away is starting to look like the toughest fixture out there and we've already got it out the way.

Totally agree mate, I know it sounds mad but I agree with the manager saying we're  better this season than we were last, I mean when have we gone a full season scoring freely without a blip in the goals column,even with Torres /Suarez we had lean spells.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:09 pm wrote:We are in the same boat as Arsenal and Chelsea, 9 points off the top with 8 games gone.
If I was looking for positives one of them would be no matter who we have played this season, wether it be City, United, Arsenal, Seville or whoever I have yet to watch a 11 v 11 game where i didn't think we were the better side.
Those 5 goals we conceded away at City don't look quite so bad now either, City away is starting to look like the toughest fixture out there and we've already got it out the way.

Love your optimism Yakka, but we shouldn't be in the same boat as Arsenal. Arsenal is a mess of a team right now with severe chemistry problems. We are also in the same boat as Burnley and Watford is higher up than us in the table. And it doesn't help that as you mentioned we LOOKED like the better side whenever we play 11 v 11. We NEED to be converting the dominance to 3 points. If we keep on like this we will be sliding further and further down the table.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games