Liverpool vs. man city

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:45 pm

Even i got my prediction correct, 2 - 1, it was  not very convincing if u know what i mean, now please don't swear me, im just saying that we could have easily drawn or even lost that game, we defo need a defender so carra can go back into his right back and sometimes we look shaky, if we just can beat man city what about the top 3 and sh*t, and not forgetting we are in the champs league and with the likes of real, inter and ac etc. top teams..we must player even better that what we just played

hopefully a key game against who ever we play next bolton i think ??? with a 2 new signings ready to roll.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:51 pm

Josemi's better than carra at right back.....in my opinion.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:52 pm

Look at 2nd half in isolation, don't you think we were all over Man City and 2-1 actually looked good on City.
Yes, we had a poor 1st half where all the long balls forward yield no results but Rafa managed to changed that very quickly after the break.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:53 pm

Didn't City take the lead against the run of play... and Did we not miss 3/4 good chances.. Alonso.. Garcia too follow next .. is its worrying.. obvioulsy just listening to expert opinions.. most comementators said we were just too strong for City.. and that's without the two new signings... but take your point tha we need a defender /two..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:22 pm

Guys, I think the first half play was very much due to jitters as they wanted to score so badly that they hurried the final ball to the strikers when the build-up passing play has been generally good. The passing quality has been much better than last season but I think the desire to get a goal made them lose their head a bit.

Worse was when Carra made that poor clearence but really, with Dudek so close by, he was the one who made a meal of it and fumbled the ball to give the chance to a persistent Anelka. I don't think Carra played too badly, in fact he played well.

Yes, Rock, Josemi has been very good and is proving to be a snip at 2 million pounds, compared to Finnan who can't defend, can't really tackle well and certainly can't cross the ball properly.

Lucky for us, the goal came at the strke of half time that Benithez may have been able to give them a pep talk during half time. If man City had scored earlier, we may have a more torrid time as despeation may have gotten into the players' head.

I'd take any win, as this will have given the players more confidence and the way we played in the second half, added to the new signings, points to a better immediate future.

Dudek's tendency to let in those kind of goals is a worry for me.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:29 pm

A win is a win, no matter what the score was and how we played. Be thankful that we won. Things can only get better from this point on with Alonso and Garcia. [also Nunez once he recovers]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:43 pm

We should be happy as the perfornamce, especially in the second half, was achieved by good passing game which opened up the chances. and not because Man City defenders and 'keeper fumbled 2 hopeful punts towards their goal.

This will give them the confidence to overcome the jitters due to expectations especially on Baros and also the manager.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:48 pm

azriahmad wrote:We should be happy as the perfornamce, especially in the second half, was achieved by good passing game which opened up the chances. and not because Man City defenders and 'keeper fumbled 2 hopeful punts towards their goal.

This will give them the confidence to overcome the jitters due to expectations especially on Baros and also the manager.

Finaly someone who isn't negative.  ???
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - Games