LIVERPOOL vs Man City - Sun 13th April 2014 - KO 13.37

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:03 am

Title decider! Beat these and we have it sewn up! 7 points clear of city, 5 clear of chelsea and still to play them!

Need to keep the leash on Yaya, if he runs the show then we'll struggle. Fast attacking footie, probably on the counter attack as they like to pour forward too!

You might laugh but my prediction...     Liverpool 5 - 3 City

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:04 pm

this game is too tight to call, City probably have the advantage in terms quality (as an overall XI) but us having home advantage is deffo a big leveller, for all their petro-dollars they haven't won at Anfield since 2003.
Whatever the result this match is going to be one of those signpost games that get remembered forever, wether it gets remembered fondly like the 2005 CL semi final against Chelsea or wether it's remembered like the 89 title decider against Arsenal is up to the players.
Our players haven't been playing games this season they have been writing history, there's another blank page to fill in Sunday, let's fill it with a story so epic that reds fans a century from now have tears of pride running down their faces when they read it.
They've got their stinking money but we've got Anfield, our crest and the red shirts that Liver Bird proudly sits on, let's show them on Sunday what's worth more.
YNWA.....always.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:04 pm

COME ON !! We can do this fkg thing  :)
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Silva and Navas. Stop them and we'll score more than they do. We cant start the same lineup we did in the ast couple of games against this lot. One of Allen/Lucas has to start to give us more of a presence defensively in the middle of the park and to allow us to keep possession better.

I'm hoping for a 3-1 for us but realistically this could very well end up a tightly contested draw.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:50 pm

if we can put in 90% of what we did in the reverse fixture then i believe with the home advantage we will beat them. wont be easy but we can get at them if we come out and go for it.
i dont share lee's faith in the scoreline as i think both sides will be cautious and not want to lose so it could be a tight affair.
il go for a 2.1 win  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Would drop Coutinho. He's too hit and miss and you won't really be sure which Coutinho turns up. Allen or Lucas would be a good option ahead of him. Sterling shouldn't be dropped as he's got an unbelievable work rate which is exactly what we will need when coming up against Nasri, Silva, and Navas.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Clattenburg is the ref. Will take that.

This is our biggest game since Athens 2007 for me. Arguably the biggest league game in 20 odd years.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Silva, Toure and Aguero are all doubts for the game this weekend. Silva has an ankle injury and has been playing through the pain for most of the season. Aguero is more likely to feature against Sunderland or come on as a sub at Anfield. Hopefully Negredo continues to be a shadow of his former self. Confidence seems to have taken a massive hit lately especially after those misses against Southampton.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Feck me, 5 games to go and we're now heading into a 6 pointer for the title with City.

Still have to pinch myself to believe this is REALLY happening...

For me, this is the biggest game of our 5 game run and a win is a must.  Im going for a nervy 2-1...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:41 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:34 pm wrote:Silva, Toure and Aguero are all doubts for the game this weekend. Silva has an ankle injury and has been playing through the pain for most of the season. Aguero is more likely to feature against Sunderland or come on as a sub at Anfield. Hopefully Negredo continues to be a shadow of his former self. Confidence seems to have taken a massive hit lately especially after those misses against Southampton.

They'll all be playing next week I guarantee it, Aguero was training two weeks ago and was expected to play against Southampton, they are probably holding him back for us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:46 pm

I don't know how I'd play in this one. Playing with all four of our attackers has usually worked so far against the bigger sides, but then again, this is Man City, the team with probably the best midfield in the league. I just wish that Toure will be unavailable for them, that's all I ask.

They only need a draw, which is a disadvantage for us, but then again we're at home on Anfield.

Also, Mark Clattenburg will ref this one, my personal favorite ref along with Atkinson. He's never had a bad game with us, so I hope that this Sunday will be no different.

This is it guys, this is what we've been working for through out the whole season. This game is what it all boils down to. Time to make history lads!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:13 am

Going to be a tough ask but we have shown at home we fear no one

While there is plenty of pressure on us  to break that long  title drought. Personally I think there is also  plenty of pressure on big spending Citeh.
When consider the amount of oil money poured into that club since 09 a league cup win return I doubt will be very satisfactory.

You only have to ask Robert Mancini about that

3-1 to us
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:06 am

This is the biggest game of all time for me, bigger than Istanbul, I actually thought this would not happen for another 20 years before this season.

So much has changed this season,

No matter what happens in this game, Rodgers has made me a believer again. in this type of game in any other year I would normally predict something negative but I really think we can beat city. We are winners no matter what the outcome as far as I am concerned, we all whined for years to get back in the top 4, well celebrate lads we are basically there.

Anything other than a top 4 finish is a bonus.

I'm going 3-2  win

Gerrard penalty, Suarez free kick, Sturridge strike.
killerp

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:07 am

5 - 3 to the reds!

Skrtyl header, suarez wonder goal, sturridge tap in, Sterling goal, Sturridge  volley in the last 5 mins
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:57 pm

I do think the winner of this game will take the title but Chelsea are not out of it.

Personally I think we will win this match and if that does happen Chelsea will become our immediate
threat for glory.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games