LIVERPOOL vs Huddersfield - Saturday 28 October 3PM KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Starting this tread early so we can try and quickly move on from the unacceptable shower of ***** we served up yesterday. Klopp and Wagner know each other inside out so interesting how Wagner sets up. It was a cracking win for his team v Utd on the weekend but I think they may well face bit of a backlash against us on saturday. I want some changes in this game.

I know it's very unlikely to happen but I'd like to see Ward come in now as keeper but think it will be Karius. Also I'd take Can out for Wijnaldum (hopefully fit). Thought Can was pretty poor yesterday. Lovren obviously had a nightmare and I'd chuck in Gomez for him and start Trent at RB. Ox looked bright yesterday and i'd start him and tell him to go out and show what he can do. Firmino brings a lot to the team but i'm leaning towards giving Sturridge a go here but think he will stick with Firmino.

Ward
Trent  Gomez  Matip Moreno
           Hendo Gini
            Coutinho
Salah                         Ox
             Sturridge

After a shocker like yesterday I think it's time to crack some skulls and show there will be repercussions for some of the diabolical individual performances we saw yesterday. Think we will brush aside Huddersfield on the weekend and will go for a 3-0 win.
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm

We're yet to be beaten at home so its imperative we build on this, its also now become more than evident that the back four need protecting so I'd play Grujic at DM and Firmino and Wijnaldum at AM ,Coutinho Solanke and Salah up front.

Karius
Trent  Gomez  Matip Robertson
                Grujic

Gini      Firmino

Salah                         Coutinho
             Solanke
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Would love to see us give TAA, Gomez and Robertson a run in defence. At least then you know they're learning and improving.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 pm wrote:Would love to see us give TAA, Gomez and Robertson a run in defence. At least then you know they're learning and improving.

Young players will learn from their mistakes ,Lovren and Mignolet have had years to rectify or completely remove these defensive lapses that so plague their game,also we need to give the players who come in the time  to develop an understanding and an opportunity to compliment each others games and compensate for their weaknesses and add to their respective strengths and that only comes to fruition with a (injuries aside ) nailed on eleven.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Another tough game against Klopps buddy Wagner. Huddersfield will be booming with confidence after beating mannure. I would 100% replace Lovren with Gomez. It's time Lovren starts to warm the bench.

I would also consider shifting Mignolet on the bench aswel however the problem is Karius currently is a bit of a shambles at the back and Ward seemed good but we have not seen much of him. Given the options i wouldn't mind testing Ward.

I would go with Doeboys lineup and if Studge seems lethagic then replace him with Firmino.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Is there anyone who could step up and light a fire under the underperforming first team??
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy ... man-united
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 pm wrote:Is there anyone who could step up and light a fire under the underperforming first team??

The goals if you're interested mate ,two assists from Woodburn and a goal and an assist for Grujic ,surely they've threw their hat in the ring for a pop at the first team

http://readliverpoolfc.com/2017/10/23/videos-see-goals-lfc-u23s-defeat-man-united-3-1/
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 pm wrote:Is there anyone who could step up and light a fire under the underperforming first team??

The goals if you're interested mate ,two assists from Woodburn and a goal and an assist for Grujic ,surely they've threw their hat in the ring for a pop at the first team

http://readliverpoolfc.com/2017/10/23/videos-see-goals-lfc-u23s-defeat-man-united-3-1/

Nice one mate, cheers
bunglemark2

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 pm

Huddersfields manager is jurgens stunt double, they shop at the same opticians :)
Well judging by Huddersfield performance Last week, this will be no pushover, and as Jurgen is a "one trick pony" with no plan B, I'm expecting him to play the same 4-3-3 he plays in every match with his favourite players :
Migs
Gomez Matip Lovren moreno
Can hendo wjnaldum
Salah firminho couts

I doubt he will line up with anything different than that, and it's getting a bit tedious. The only issue by playing with only three in midfield, is that you can get overrun when caught on the break, like against man city and spurs. Sometimes it's better to play with 4/5 in midfield, tactically.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm wrote:We're yet to be beaten at home so its imperative we build on this, its also now become more than evident that the back four need protecting so I'd play Grujic at DM and Firmino and Wijnaldum at AM ,Coutinho Solanke and Salah up front.

Karius
Trent  Gomez  Matip Robertson
                Grujic

Gini      Firmino

Salah                         Coutinho
             Solanke

:) :) :)
What do you think the chances are of Klopp starting with that lot????
Firminho in midfield!??
And you say I should stop posting!!!
:) :) :) :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:41 pm

Wagner seems to get that defending is part of the modern game. Maybe Klopp should study some vids this week...
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Coutinho a doubt for the game by the sounds of it.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:08 pm

.             Ward

Trent     Gomez    Matip     Moreno

Hendo      Gini

Firmino

Salah              Ox

Sturridge

I'd try that team if Coutinho is injured.. Let Firmino play more his CAM role and let's see if Studge can do something.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Actually think Firmino would be a much more effective playing deeper. I get why he starts up top as he understands the pressing game really well and kicks it off for us but he isnt a striker imo. Think he would pose teams much more problems coming in from deeper
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Perhaps a fixture that wouldnt stand out at start of season but its a big game for Klopp, his team, and the club.

With voices of descent getting steadily louder anything but a convincing win wouldnt be good enough.

Feel that if Klopp starts Lovren and Mignolet its a risk really, Huddersfield have proven a difficult opponent for many this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games