Liverpool vs Chelsea 31st Jan 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Huge match for us. If we want to maintain at a top four finish we must get a positive.

Our main xi should be back, not sure on clyne though.

Mignolet

TAA(Clyne) Matip Lovren milner

Hendo
     Lallana       Wijunaldum

Mane?                   Couts 
            Firmino
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Absolutely cacking this  :down:
Not sure what side he will play but whoever takes to the field owes the fan's a result or at least a draw after the disastrous no show in the cups. Not sure either what the story is with mane but I hope his head is in the right place as he looked completely broken after that shoot out on Saturday.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Been a long time since I've said this....but I'm not looking forward to this. I hate the Chavs more than Manure and I can't bear them beating us as they walk to the title.

Fingers crossed we turn up for this.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:10 pm

We often produce our best performances when they are least expected so let's hope that's the case again tomorrow.
We all know how big this game is and what is riding on it so let's put out our best possible side and take the game to them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:50 am

All we needs is one good confidence boosting win. It will do wonders for the lads which im sure will help us get out of this bad phase.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:15 am

Think chelsea may just sit back and look to hit us on the counter tomorrow. Don't think this will be a typical game where two top sides have a good go at each other.

Chelsea will be quite happy with a draw and think we might be a tad weary ourselves of losing the game. Just hope we score early tomorrow as like I said i'm not too convinced chelsea will come and have a real go.

We need to keep things tight and no silly mistakes. Get an early goal and we have a game on our hands and we could push on as chelsea open up a bit. Longer it goes on without us scoring, I will be worried
Doeboy

Postby killerp » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:21 am

4 consecutive games lost at home will set a new record.  Even if we beat Chelsea we will just go on to drop points against anyone we deem beneath us, because that is what we do with this squad!  :veryangry

The only way we are going to change the title race is if we break one of Costa's legs. He keeps scoring those late winners for Chelsea out of nothing.
killerp

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:10 am

Im on the opposite. A win today could change our fortunes.
We will be playing 1 game a week, no cup runs.
Main Xi back and if we manage to string a few wins on the trot we can then push for Champs league finish.

Lets see what happens today first.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 pm

COME ON REDMEN!  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:58 pm

Im on such a downer with Liverpool at moment maybe I shouldnt post but whilst it would be nice to put the breaks on Chelsea and restore some pride, our long term prospects dont appear great.

It may have been posted and not researched it but I cant recall us losing 4 home games on the bounce so its a record Kloppo will be keen to avoid.

Weve been absolutely rubbish, but it would be like Liverpool to win this game. Even if we tonk Chelsea I wont be getting carried away put it that way however most people (nobody on here) will, and our overlords in Boston will be high fiveing and deluded enough to pat themselves on the back for a great job.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:19 pm

We've got the dreaded 3 in midfield line up again but one silver lining is that with 1 substitution Jurgen can have our best side out on the pitch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:13 pm

Playing at a very high tempo first 10 minutes and kept possession really well so far.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Doeboy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:15 pm wrote:Think chelsea may just sit back and look to hit us on the counter tomorrow. Don't think this will be a typical game where two top sides have a good go at each other.

Chelsea will be quite happy with a draw and think we might be a tad weary ourselves of losing the game. Just hope we score early tomorrow as like I said i'm not too convinced chelsea will come and have a real go.

We need to keep things tight and no silly mistakes. Get an early goal and we have a game on our hands and we could push on as chelsea open up a bit. Longer it goes on without us scoring, I will be worried

So far I'd say this is Chelsea's strategy. When the ball is in our half their pressing a bit to put some pressure on us, but in their half they're making sure we can't get in their box. I think it's obvious to see they'd take a draw as every time the ball goes out and it's their's, they take a long time to get the ball back in play. Trying to slow us down an run the clock.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 pm

Looking at first 20 mins I dont fancy we will score here oh 1 down, Mignolet?
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:26 pm

Brilliant freekick to be fair.. annoying how it wasn't even a freekick to start with.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games