Liverpool VS Burnley – Sat 16th Sept – 3pm kick off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:49 pm

It's the same thing Rafa used to do.. squad rotation against the weaker teams of the league instead of going out with our best team and making sure we get the 3 points.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Flummoxed,seems like a good word to describe how I'm feeling right now, just cant get my head around all this dropping of players so crucial to our game,Wjinaldum was arguably our most influential player against Seville and he's bizarrely omitted. It was however, good to see Coutinho back,but to put him in the middle when he needed to be replacing the guile of Mane upfront was criminal, Wjinaldum could have played the role Coutinho was utilized in today. I would have personally picked that trio to spearhead our attack,three players on the same wavelength and imo  Sturridge's inclusion interrupted the cohesion and link up play we usually take for granted with our front three,I lost count of how many shots were hit to the middle of the goal straight into the keepers grateful gloves. I suppose whats more bemusing is Klopp last season never struck me as a manager who would chop and change,rather he would stick with a player until he familiarized himself with the role and the confidence and form returned  ???

I trust Klopp,but since he was given a 7 year contract there seems to be a modicum of arrogance creeping into his usual humble persona,especially if that Sh*t show of a  transfer window we just negotiated is an indicator of his new found stubbornness. In terms of football Kopites are an intelligent and patient bunch,but if the he takes that particular collective for granted then the mumbles in the Kop earlier are a pointer to the manager being in for a rude awakening! 

I think for the time being that Implicit trust I placed in Klopp has now slipped to "Well I kind of trust him to get it right "
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:58 pm

When Burnley had the double corner i honestly thought one will go in.
Next game at home is against mannure. Mourinho must be rubbing his hands all they will need to do is whip a few crosses in and let their lamposts do the job.

From our Centre backs Matip is the decent one, imagine his out and we pair Lovren and Klava LOL God help us.

If we swapped our backline with Burnley i bet we would be in a better position.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Watched the goals. Good finish by Salah..what a bargain he is turning out to be. The goal we conceded was a joke again. Ball in the air and TAA loses out way too easily and that triggers the rest. It look's like Matip is watching the ball and assuming TAA will win it  and switches off and lets their player come in behind. Klavan see's  Matip may have an issue and tries to sweep up and it's pretty calamitous all round to be honest.

TAA is a young lad with promise but I suspect teams are looking at him as a real weak link at RB and targeting him. May be an idea to get an experienced head in there in Milner for a short while.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm wrote:Watched the goals. Good finish by Salah..what a bargain he is turning out to be. The goal we conceded was a joke again. Ball in the air and TAA loses out way too easily and that triggers the rest. It look's like Matip is watching the ball and assuming TAA will win it  and switches off and lets their player come in behind. Klavan see's  Matip may have an issue and tries to sweep up and it's pretty calamitous all round to be honest.

TAA is a young lad with promise but I suspect teams are looking at him as a real weak link at RB and targeting him. May be an idea to get an experienced head in there in Milner for a short while.

Their goal was a joke mate yet another example of how we are pathetic in aerial duels.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:50 pm wrote:Flummoxed,seems like a good word to describe how I'm feeling right now, just cant get my head around all this dropping of players so crucial to our game,Wjinaldum was arguably our most influential player against Seville and he's bizarrely omitted. It was however, good to see Coutinho back,but to put him in the middle when he needed to be replacing the guile of Mane upfront was criminal, Wjinaldum could have played the role Coutinho was utilized in today. I would have personally picked that trio to spearhead our attack,three players on the same wavelength and imo  Sturridge's inclusion interrupted the cohesion and link up play we usually take for granted with our front three,I lost count of how many shots were hit to the middle of the goal straight into the keepers grateful gloves. I suppose whats more bemusing is Klopp last season never struck me as a manager who would chop and change,rather he would stick with a player until he familiarized himself with the role and the confidence and form returned  ???

I trust Klopp,but since he was given a 7 year contract there seems to be a modicum of arrogance creeping into his usual humble persona,especially if that Sh*t show of a  transfer window we just negotiated is an indicator of his new found stubbornness. In terms of football Kopites are an intelligent and patient bunch,but if the he takes that particular collective for granted then the mumbles in the Kop earlier are a pointer to the manager being in for a rude awakening! 

I think for the time being that Implicit trust I placed in Klopp has now slipped to "Well I kind of trust him to get it right "

Demand. Worth of money is what the Koppite must seek in order to regain hope and balance young Padawan…
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games