Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:55 pm

So much possession, so many opportunities...so dissapointing
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Same old story. We boss the game, squander our chances, Burnley will be delighted
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm

only me » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:54 pm wrote:While the attack was wasteful we can't expect to win every week on multiple goals..Cant keep a clean sheet.

Exactly, no change from last season, giving away cheap goals through poor defending and could have been worse from those Burnley corners late on. Klopp said in the paper today that he looked at alternatives to VVD loads of times but thought they were no better that what we have but going by Lovren and Klaven I reckon any were an improvement on them.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Klopp has had 2 big transfer windows to fix this leaky defence and he's failed to do so... So he deserves all the criticism he's getting at the moment.

It's frustrating because we look so good in attack.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Going to be a big month for us as everything will be played away from Anfield.  Onwards and upwards
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 pm wrote:Klopp has had 2 big transfer windows to fix this leaky defence and he's failed to do so... So he deserves all the criticism he's getting at the moment.

It is frustraiting, but equally (after years of overspending on dross) it's a little refreshing that our manager won't buy players simply to appease fans.

Klopp has a decent record when it comes to transfers and this is probably why.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Sometimes you just buy a better player if you cant get the ultimate target and upgrade the team, and we desperately needed a fresh start in the centre of defence and holding midfield.

For Klopp to say there was no solution to Lovren, Matip and Klavan is ridiculous and disrespectful frankly we arent stupid.

We got to do much better than the last 3 games and we should expect more.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Boocity » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:57 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:54 pm wrote:While the attack was wasteful we can't expect to win every week on multiple goals..Cant keep a clean sheet.

Exactly, no change from last season, giving away cheap goals through poor defending and could have been worse from those Burnley corners late on. Klopp said in the paper today that he looked at alternatives to VVD loads of times but thought they were no better that what we have but going by Lovren and Klaven I reckon any were an improvement on them.

If he said that then it's straight on dishonest..None of us is seasoned manager but cut the BS Klopp we aren't idiots..Burnley has better CB then Lovern...Its going to be tough..We have better chances winning the CL then the PL..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Missed the game. Looks like we battered them but just couldnt put away that 2nd goal. Was the goal we conceded soft or good play by Burnley?
Doeboy

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:22 pm

A result was much expected as long as our best CB the flat foot Klavan plays, whereas he has given one goal away and should have given another one in the second half when he was marking a teammate defender rather than Burnley player!!!!.
Please don't be surprised for dropping two points at home, the nutcase manager will not win f*ck all this season, in pre-season, he had said that he has a good defence and no need to buy new defenders!!!.
The front line wasn't ruthless enough due to the hyper (Heavy Metal) style of football of the nutcase manager, who most properly will tell his star CB Klavan was unlucky to give a goal away!
There has been no real progress since this f*cking manager had been in charge, and for sure the present situation will get worse.
algymoon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:15 pm wrote:Missed the game. Looks like we battered them but just couldnt put away that 2nd goal. Was the goal we conceded soft or good play by Burnley?

It was soft, Klavan tried to mark the player Matip had, which left Arnfield free to smash it home. 

That said, we should have won.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:06 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 pm wrote:Klopp has had 2 big transfer windows to fix this leaky defence and he's failed to do so... So he deserves all the criticism he's getting at the moment.

It is frustraiting, but equally (after years of overspending on dross) it's a little refreshing that our manager won't buy players simply to appease fans.

Yep, people were calling us incredible after the Arsenal game (who needs Coutinho etc) and now 3 games later it's all apparently a big disaster. Our fans tend to swing from one extreme to the other depending on that weeks result.
It's the general direction of travel that's important and under Klopp we are definately heading in the right direction.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:19 pm

He also rotates too much. Leaving wjnaldum out after playing a blinder against sevila was criminal.
Bringing milner and Co in, just adds to the inconsistent performances.
Chopping and changing will not give you consistent performances.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm wrote:

Yep, people were calling us incredible after the Arsenal game (who needs Coutinho etc) and now 3 games later it's all apparently a big disaster. Our fans tend to swing from one extreme to the other depending on that weeks result.
It's the general direction of travel that's important and under Klopp we are definately heading in the right direction.

Hmmm..i think the last transfer window kinda took us one step back..its going to be a hell of a challenge securing a CL spot with this same leaky defence...

Like I always say in January we trust.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:21 pm

2 games 50+ shots on goal and only scored 3 goals.

Shots against probably less than 8 and conceeded 3 goals.

Very frustrating.

I guess what that shows is when we can't score then don't expect our defense to bail us out. Same ol story same ol sloppy goals conceeded.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games