Liverpool vs Bournemouth- Weds 5th April 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Soupyzrx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 pm wrote:2. Maybe Phil has told him that if Barcelona come in for him in the summer he is off and Jurgen is pi$$ed off with him.

To be honest, Yakka, if Barca come knocking, he'd need to be mad not to go, because it must be so frustrating for players being creative at the front, but then having to watch a hapless leaky defence ship too many goals to 'lesser' teams with predictable regularity.
I remember the look on Suarez's face so many times, when he had scored and assisted a couple and had to watch while the defence let the advantage disappear.
I know he'll be way down the pecking order in Barca, but playing for us must be really frustrating. It's not even fuck1ng funny any more.

Yeah it's getting beyond a joke now mate, we have conceded 50, 48 and 50 goals respectively in the last 3 seasons and we are well on the way to shipping another 50 this campaign as well.
Obviously if Coutinho goes we will have to replace him but aside from that I really hope we prioritise the defensive side of our game in the summer. The whole thing needs a complete overhaul, keeper, DM...the lot.
Great teams are built on great defences, our's is miles away
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:05 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:42 pm wrote:
Soupyzrx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 pm wrote:2. Maybe Phil has told him that if Barcelona come in for him in the summer he is off and Jurgen is pi$$ed off with him.

To be honest, Yakka, if Barca come knocking, he'd need to be mad not to go, because it must be so frustrating for players being creative at the front, but then having to watch a hapless leaky defence ship too many goals to 'lesser' teams with predictable regularity.
I remember the look on Suarez's face so many times, when he had scored and assisted a couple and had to watch while the defence let the advantage disappear.
I know he'll be way down the pecking order in Barca, but playing for us must be really frustrating. It's not even fuck1ng funny any more.

Yeah it's getting beyond a joke now mate, we have conceded 50, 48 and 50 goals respectively in the last 3 seasons and we are well on the way to shipping another 50 this campaign as well.
Obviously if Coutinho goes we will have to replace him but aside from that I really hope we prioritise the defensive side of our game in the summer. The whole thing needs a complete overhaul, keeper, DM...the lot.
Great teams are built on great defences, our's is miles away

Yup, we just concede too many. It completely undermines what we do up the other end of the field. For me, part of the solution to try and fix this problem is to bring in:

- Dominant, vocal CB who has the ability to organise us. Matip and Lovren are too passive for me. Need some one who can grab the other defenders and just say get them to dig in
- Strong physical presence in midfield who can not only get foot in but also drop into spaces in front of the defence and sweep up with the ability to press with energy. No surprise Chelsea have the best in the league at the in Kante and spurs have Wanyama (had my doubts about him but tbh is looking a steal at £11m) and both sit 1st and 2nd respectively in the league.

We really are like a boxer with dynamite in his hands with the ability to smash the opposition to pieces in the first 2-3 round and end the fight. However if the oppo see off the first 6 rounds, suddenly theres vulnerability and we haven't got anything else to fall back on to see us through. We've seen glimpses of us to a good job defensively this year. City at home in the 2nd half was very good and there were a few others however they are too far and inbetween and you are never confident we can dig in when we need to
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:37 am

I read somewhere some Borussia Dortmund fans posting that it is also Klopp's style that contributes to a leaky defence. Once you are pressuring the opponent that much, once the opponent manages to side step your pressure, the whole team is in a compromised position defensively. It's just that Dortmund had/ has much better defenders than our current crop of defenders.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 am

"We really are like a boxer with dynamite in his hands with the ability to smash the opposition to pieces in the first 2-3 round and end the fight"..... but can be knocked out with nothing more than a dirty look  :Oo:

The fact we can outplay anyone for periods means it is mostly a lack of mental toughness and a lack of confidence.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 am

kazza » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:56 am wrote:"We really are like a boxer with dynamite in his hands with the ability to smash the opposition to pieces in the first 2-3 round and end the fight"..... but can be knocked out with nothing more than a dirty look  :Oo:

The fact we can outplay anyone for periods means it is mostly a lack of mental toughness and a lack of confidence.

Not really mate... it's not as simple as that. It has to do with the system and the type/quality of defenders we have. Do you really think that Carra can be as solid in a Klopp's system? Carra is a defender who is good when the defense is in place (and organizing the defence) not pushing high up until almost to the centre line. I would think that Carra the legendary Liverpool defender will be as exposed as any of the current defenders now when he is being asked to push up with his lack of pace. Dortmund defenders under Klopp were mobile and good on the ball. That's why I think that Sakho would do well in the current team. I would think that Agger in his prime would have done really well under Klopp too. Anyway what we agree on is that Klopp really needs to sort out the defence...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:32 am

maguskwt » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 am wrote:I read somewhere some Borussia Dortmund fans posting that it is also Klopp's style that contributes to a leaky defence. Once you are pressuring the opponent that much, once the opponent manages to side step your pressure, the whole team is in a compromised position defensively. It's just that Dortmund had/ has much better defenders than our current crop of defenders.

That is true however those aren't the issues we are faced with...The problem is that Her Klopp invited pressure by subbing attackers with defenders..And as we have shiite defense we pay the price every time...Against Bournemouth they didn't break our pressing game ,we just waved them in by putting a 5 man defensive line....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:28 am

Yup, we just concede too many. It completely undermines what we do up the other end of the field. For me, part of the solution to try and fix this problem is to bring in:

- Dominant, vocal CB who has the ability to organise us. Matip and Lovren are too passive for me. Need some one who can grab the other defenders and just say get them to dig in
- Strong physical presence in midfield who can not only get foot in but also drop into spaces in front of the defence and sweep up with the ability to press with energy. No surprise Chelsea have the best in the league at the in Kante and spurs have Wanyama (had my doubts about him but tbh is looking a steal at £11m) and both sit 1st and 2nd respectively in the league.

We really are like a boxer with dynamite in his hands with the ability to smash the opposition to pieces in the first 2-3 round and end the fight. However if the oppo see off the first 6 rounds, suddenly theres vulnerability and we haven't got anything else to fall back on to see us through. We've seen glimpses of us to a good job defensively this year. City at home in the 2nd half was very good and there were a few others however they are too far and inbetween and you are never confident we can dig in when we need to
I think the closest player to Kante's skillset that I've seen this year is Naby Keita. He covers loads of ground, gets loads of interceptions, and takes complete control of the middle. We were "linked" with him in January but now his profile has risen a few prem teams are now looking at him as are Bayern so it's gonna be a tough one to get in.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Doeboy

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:12 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:45 am

Spot on from Carra. We won't progress unless we sort out our defensive frailties.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games