Liverpool vs Bournemouth- Weds 5th April 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm

eds » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm wrote:I make no apologies for this as the assessment needs to brutally honest.

Klavan cost us 2 points today, he just isn't good enough.

That's what happens when you scrimp in the transfer market.

Klopp has no one else to blame except himself, he brought him here and needs to take responsibility.  :no

Klavan is our 3rd choice CB. He's played far too many games and not replacing Sakho has hurt us.

Would like to know why we took Coutinho off when we were cruising. As I said, he went straight down the tunnel and that doesn't bode well...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 pm wrote:
eds » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm wrote:I make no apologies for this as the assessment needs to brutally honest.

Klopp has no one else to blame except himself, he brought him here and needs to take responsibility.  :no

Klavan is our 3rd choice CB. He's played far too many games and not replacing Sakho has hurt us.

Would like to know why we took Coutinho off when we were cruising. As I said, he went straight down the tunnel and that doesn't bode well...

agreed, the least he could do is bringing a MF another attacker and not going defensive.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:07 pm

only me » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:04 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 pm wrote:

agreed, the least he could do is bringing a MF another attacker and not going defensive.

Yeah, he could. I understand why he did it. But it didn't work. Migs was also a bundle of nerves throughout the match, which is perhaps final proof (if ever it was needed?) that he isn't cut out for us.

Carra summed it up when he said "he makes everyone jittery" and we've been doing it for 3 years.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Sh1t decision to go defensive. Wrong, wrong, wrong...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:16 pm

We can't even shut up shop at home against a team like Bournemouth!  :no
No disrespect but their strikeforce wouldn't look out of place in the championship yet we couldn't hold them out, we even brought Matip on to shore us up at the back as well.
We've conceded 40 goals this season and there's still 7 games left, looks like there's going to be another big fat five zero written in our goals conceded column yet again.
In our heyday there would have been major repercussions and a lot of soul searching if we conceded half that amount.
Truth is our defence isn't good enough and our squad isn't deep enough, we've got a good first XI but we can't afford to lose 3 starters like Mane, Lallana and Henderson
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 pm

It keeps coming back to the same thing.....we just concede to many. We won't progress unless it is sorted and i'm getting a bit annoyed now because there has been very defensive improvement since Klopp arrived and I really don't think it's all down to personnel. This kind of performance is a real kick in the balls.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:16 pm wrote:We can't even shut up shop at home against a team like Bournemouth!  :no
No disrespect but their strikeforce wouldn't look out of place in the championship yet we couldn't hold them out, we even brought Matip on to shore us up at the back as well.
We've conceded 40 goals this season and there's still 7 games left, looks like there's going to be another big fat five zero written in our goals conceded column yet again.
In our heyday there would have been major repercussions and a lot of soul searching if we conceded half that amount.
Truth is our defence isn't good enough and our squad isn't deep enough, we've got a good first XI but we can't afford to lose 3 starters like Mane, Lallana and Henderson

Spot on mate. It's a ridiculous amount of goals. Same problem year after year. Was hoping Klopp would fix it but since has arrived he has enhanced our attacking play a few levels which has been great but defensively we are stuck in the same place we were before he arrived.

I've always thought individually we have decent players and that we concede so many because its more down to the way we play and setup. Maybe i'm wrong and maybe our defenders are not as good as we think they are but feck me this habit of conceding so many is seriously fecking me off
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 pm

We just weren't good enough in the end and it doesn't matter who made the mistake this week because the side is littered with them. They fully deserved to leave with a point  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:31 pm

That was poor game management by Klopp again. Should have taken Firmino off rather than Coutinho and should have brought wide players on instead of narrowing the pitch even more. Played into Bournemouth's hands there and they made us pay for it.

Also, Firmino is awful.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Pivotal game we lost today and it was for all mean and purposes a loss...Both Manchester lossing points ,against another weak team, at home... It's really too much.

It's like klopp doesn't know his players the way he managed them tonight... They weren't mentally ready to play at the start of the match...Then we regained confidence and scored in control,what does he do? Shifts tactics putting a wracked defensive unit under unneeded pressure...Really Klopp what were you thinking? We cant hold on to a small lead you got to think continue attacking score more..don't play to your weaknesses..that's what's driving me head in...

Don't see us overcoming this mental defeat today.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:59 pm

aCe' » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:31 pm wrote:

Also, Firmino is awful.

The lad has no doubt got skills but becomes a passenger in far too many games. He was poor last season and not really been a lot better this year either. I wouldn't go as far as to say replace him but just because he wears the jersey does not mean he is anything other than average. I initially thought he would be a big player for us due to his price and reputation but he is certainly not that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 pm

aCe' » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:31 pm wrote:That was poor game management by Klopp again. Should have taken Firmino off rather than Coutinho and should have brought wide players on instead of narrowing the pitch even more. Played into Bournemouth's hands there and they made us pay for it.

Also, Firmino is awful.

The way I see it him continually subbing Coutinho around the hour mark is down to one of either 2 things.

1. With Mane missing for the rest of the season maybe Jurgen is trying to wrap Phil in cotton wool
2. Maybe Phil has told him that if Barcelona come in for him in the summer he is off and Jurgen is pi$$ed off with him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 pm wrote:
aCe' » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:31 pm wrote:That was poor game management by Klopp again. Should have taken Firmino off rather than Coutinho and should have brought wide players on instead of narrowing the pitch even more. Played into Bournemouth's hands there and they made us pay for it.

Also, Firmino is awful.

The way I see it him continually subbing Coutinho around the hour mark is down to one of either 2 things.

1. With Mane missing for the rest of the season maybe Jurgen is trying to wrap Phil in cotton wool
2. Maybe Phil has told him that if Barcelona come in for him in the summer he is off and Jurgen is pi$$ed off with him.

1) for me.

Coutinho is our last remaining influential player and we simply cannot afford to lose him to injury. The fact he marched off down the tunnel says to me he isn't 100%. What's more, if we held on for a few more mins, we'd all be saying how far we've come.

Bottom line, we need to learn to shut up shop and see out games. And today we came almighty close to doing it. We're making progress....slow but sure progress.

*Update, Coutinho was subbed as he's suffering a sickness bug.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Hmmm.....I'm not convinced tbh, it's not the first time Coutinho has been subbed early in recent weeks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Seen the goals we conceded and they get worse each time I watch them. First was obviously a mistake by Wijnaldum and that can happen now again but still not great. The second was just ***** poor. More than one opportunity to get rid of it and we are just faffing about . Wasn't too sure we needed a centre back a few weeks back but we do. He has to be a leader because no one takes charge back their imo at the moment. Matip and Lovren are good defenders in their own right but neither is a real vocal character who can lead the defence imo
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games