LIVERPOOL vs Bournemouth - Aug 17th 2015 - KO 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:56 pm

A win is a win no matter how ugly but if we don't asses the problem, and it's obvious what it is, we won't be so lucky next time.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:58 pm

You have to win ugly sometimes, and today was about as ugly as it gets.

Benteke was easy MOTM for me. Not only did he score, but he was excellent with the ball at his feet, great movement, and was very good defensively. Moreno was better in the 10 minutes he was on than Gomez has been in the first two games. That's easily warranted a start next week for me, but I have a feeling it won't happen. Gomez will get absolutely torn apart against Arsenal, and Moreno looks like he's on a mission to prove something- he won tackle after tackle, completed his passes, and made a couple of good runs, including that later one which was the most impressive run any player had today.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Main thing is 3 points. Apart from citeh all others are playing poor aswel. Early days yet btw i thought bournmouth  played very well and deserved atleast a point.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Not convincing but a wins a win.
Early days yet but it does look a bit like square pegs and round holes, given our run of away fixtures from now till October we will seriously need to up our game if we want to stay in the mix.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Performance wasn't very good but 6 pts out of 2 games so not complaining. Another game under the belt which should help the team gel better.

Encouraged by Benteke so far. His anticipation is very good, and hold up play is very good as well. Lallana is starting to look very lightweight. Ibe is looking very one dimensional.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Results are most important for now. The performances are never going to be slick early season with a lot of new players. Performance was poor but we got over the line with a large slice of luck.

Benteke and Clyne look like they will definitely improve our starting eleven. Both played well there.

Special mention for Moreno who had a brilliant cameo. Great attitude after being dropped and his sharpness there helped us see out the game.

Despite looking shaky early on Lovren settled and to be fair our defence wasn't opened up once the entire game. Apart from their headed goal which shouldve stood, we defended well.

We seriously lack composure in the midfield though. We properly need to look at addressing that before the window shuts, especially if we raise money from sales.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:11 pm

That would be a fantastic performance if it was at the nou camp in the first leg of a CL semi final  :laugh: Against Bournemouth though in anfield I was expecting a little more.
They were unfortunate to have that goal chalked off and we were really lucky coutinhos stood. Aside from that their keeper had not got one save to make  :no Other than that we pretty much controlled the game possession wise but far too much of it was in our own half. Clyne looked good and coutinho again steals MOTM. Benteke had a decent game, showed well for the ball and took up some great positions. he wasn't offside and finished it which is all he can do. should have had a second but hit it in to the ground. Firmino was pretty anonymous when he came on also :down:

3 points is what matters and due to some shocking decisions from the officials we got them. We are going to need to improve in the final 3rd.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Lovren has done okay but I think we miss Sakho's distribution from the back, I think playing Lucas would help our fluency as well, his ability to take the ball off the back 4 and get us going is very under rated.
I must admit I didn't expect us to look so disjointed at this point in Brendan's reign, when he first arrived (although results weren't great) we were knocking the ball about in superb fashion, I remember thinking to myself if we are playing like this after just a few months of Brendan's coaching imagine what we will look like in 3 years time, well I guess i've got my answer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:15 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:22 pm wrote:Lovren has done okay but I think we miss Sakho's distribution from the back, I think playing Lucas would help our fluency as well, his ability to take the ball off the back 4 and get us going is very under rated.
I must admit I didn't expect us to look so disjointed at this point in Brendan's reign, when he first arrived (although results weren't great) we were knocking the ball about in superb fashion, I remember thinking to myself if we are playing like this after just a few months of Brendan's coaching imagine what we will look like in 3 years time, well I guess i've got my answer.

He has replaced his entire back room staff and signed a heap of new players so that will be the excuse. After 3 full seasons he has done this to buy himself more time hoping players hit the ground at a million miles so he can pitch his sail and ride along with it. We still don't have a balanced team capable of playing the stuff he clearly fantasizes us playing after all that money spent.  Already you can see the players lined up for the next clear out so that means its wash rinse and repeat all over.

Its the start of the 4th season and our first home game of the season against lowly opposition we couldn't even force their keeper into a save. We had 2 shots on goal and one of them shouldn't have stood.
I know I am harsh when it comes to him Yakka but the man is a fraud.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:22 am

Calm down dears, it's only a football match  :D

But joking aside, we still won despite the lacklustre performance. However, our next match is Arsenal and there'll be nowhere to hide with an away game to the Gunners. Hopefully we'll step it up a gear, otherwise BR will be facing a difficult month with West Ham and Man Utd up after Arsenal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:57 am

We got lucky but can't complain as we have maximum points after our first 2 games.

Rodgers needs to make a few tweaks by replacing Gomez with Alberto and Lallana with Firmino for the next game.

Can also needs to start getting more game time.

Arsenal away will show everyone where we are at and how much more improvement we still need.

Not too sure if we have anymore money to spend on transfers unless we get rid of a few of the dross we have stinking out our squad.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 am

Kinell a positive post from Ed who isn't usually so easily pleased !!

We got lucky - well yes I certainly agree with that !!!!! They score a perfectly good goal and it is disallowed only because Lovren must have spent the summer at drama school !! Must admit though the way he went down was more impressive than his defending  :laugh: And as for our goal well quite simply it was offside !!

Coutinho was the stand out amongst a collection of thoroughly awful performances. Lallana really did look poor and lacked creation. The defence is looking better but that midfield is *****. Captain Henderson and Vice Captain Milner do very little to excite. Did anybody notice much difference after Henderson went off. I look at that and think of Gerrard, Alonso,Didi and Mascha and start to uncontrollably dribble and weep !!!

I think that BR has got the parts but hasn't got a clue how to put them together !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:23 am

Saw only the 2nd half it didn't look good. At home against a newly promoted team we can't be that passive and conservative; They were able to pass the ball way too comfortably and spent way too much time in dangerous areas. I don't understand our tactics or our philosophy...And yes where the hell is Sakho?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:48 am

It was bad and inept performance which it was in same pattern of last season performances cannot score enough goals, and  caanot put the games to bed.. The same tactics by the idiot BR who has been in charge for more than three years and had spent £300M on players and the performances had never improved at all.. Liverpool is a very weak team, the bad run will start from next monday, BR team will be shredded apart by Arsenal.
The main outstanding players were:
The master Coutinho  (who will not be at LFC that long, will be bought by top clubs)
Benteke, Gomez but he needs protection from Midfield players, Miliner, CAN when he has come on he showed the big difference between him and BR beloved useless skipper!! (Henderson).The rest are below average and expensive players!!
BR will fall flat on his face very soon, and I hope LFC owner who was watching the game will wake up of his sleep.
algymoon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:31 pm

First game back at our place ,atmosphere still a touch muted ,but its three points ,Benteke showed he has some deft touches in his locker and linked up well.
On the whole it was an awful game ,we looked disjointed and ill at ease in the middle ,and the defence was all over the shop.

Even at this early stage you're looking for a semblance of structure in our play, and other than Benteke's integration and Clyne looking a very accomplished addition to our defence ,I'm struggling for any real positives from that performance.

Can needs to start our next game if Lucas is no longer part of the equation ,but for the love of God pick a style of play and garner some cohesion  ,because
we need a plan ,and last night was bereft of any tactical nuances you associate with managers expecting to bed in the top four.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games