LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Must win

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Right, I almost never start match threads and i reckon this must be the first one in about 4 years! Also, I'm going this game and I have to admit i'm a complete jonah when it come to this fixture, my record reads 4 games, 4 draws and just two goals!!! I went the Ewood Park game last year and actually swore i wouild never do it again but here I am. Surely 5th time lucky!?

Anyway I reckon we're gonna win because we absolutely have to. I don't think it'll be pretty, it never is with Blackburn but I fancy us to nick it 1-0 with a Stevie Gerrard special.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:53 pm

This will be a tough game. I think they'll have 11 behind the ball. However it most definately is a must win game. Lose, then Roy has to go.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:This will be a tough game. I think they'll have 11 behind the ball. However it most definately is a must win game. Lose, then Roy has to go.

In which case the ball will simply be sat in the centre circle with both teams stood there watching it! :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Any chance of us going 4-4-2 you think ?
Reina

Kelly
Skyrtel
Carra
Aurellion

Gerrard
Merelis
Cole
Shelvey

Torres
Jovanovic

Will never happen:(
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 am

canoot believe it's come to the stage whereby i'm genuinely worried about a home game against the mighty blackburn.

i couldn't give a damn about the performance. the result is all that matters. a scrappy goal off someone's backside will do me very nicely.

got a horrible feeling it'll be 1-1 though. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:37 am

RedSi35 wrote:Any chance of us going 4-4-2 you think ?
Reina

Kelly
Skyrtel
Carra
Aurellion

Gerrard
Merelis
Cole
Shelvey

Torres
Jovanovic

Is this really what you would hope we started with. Kelly who has potential but nowhere near ready for a game in which we NEED to win. No Kyriakos when the player has played his socks off every time he has put a liverpool shirt on. Aurellion ?? Aurelio just came back from injury isnt going to be sharp so pedersen or Diouf will make a Dick out of him. Jon-jo Shelvey this surely has to be a wind up He was a decent
player for charlton last year however that was League one football.

I think Babel should get given a start. Poulsen and Lucas as we need battlers because Blackburn are a filthy team. I would start with

Reina

Carragher                  Skrtel          kyriakos          Konchesky

Poulsen                     Lucas

Babel                                                      Cole

Gerrard

Torres

I think this is where our season can finally start with a 3-0 win
Hopefully Torres getting a couple.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby TarnRed » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:
Reina

Kelly
Skyrtel
Carra
Aurellion

Gerrard
Merelis
Cole
Shelvey

Torres
Jovanovic

Is this really what you would hope we started with. Kelly who has potential but nowhere near ready for a game in which we NEED to win. No Kyriakos when the player has played his socks off every time he has put a liverpool shirt on. Aurellion ?? Aurelio just came back from injury isnt going to be sharp so pedersen or Diouf will make a Dick out of him. Jon-jo Shelvey this surely has to be a wind up He was a decent

I think Babel should get given a start. Poulsen and Lucas as we need battlers because Blackburn are a filthy team. I would start with

Reina

Gerrard

Torres

Lucas & Poulsen?. :sleepy:

I've seen more life in my dead nans under crackers than those 2 can ever provide.
TarnRed

Postby Scottbot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:50 am

TarnRed wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:
Reina

Kelly
Skyrtel
Carra
Aurellion

Gerrard
Merelis
Cole
Shelvey

Torres
Jovanovic

Reina

Gerrard

Torres

Lucas & Poulsen?. :sleepy:

I've seen more life in my dead nans under crackers than those 2 can ever provide.

Agree 100%. We're gonna win 3-0 with the Lucas-Poulsen combo in the middle!? Believe it when i see it.

I'm with St.Mick on this one, scrappy 1-0 win with a goal off of Gerrard's backside.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:57 am

It a tough one. Another bad result would mean a certain change in manager yet I would not want us to drop more points.

Hopefully Hodgson is going to be changed regardless.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 am

Heart in mouth for this one, and when that happens to you against blackburn, you know things are :censored:. Would line up like this

Reina

Johnson(kelly if not fit)  Carra             Greek              Konchesky

Gerrard          Meireles

Maxi                                                                  Jova

Cole

Torres

Dont think agger will play for whateva daft reason. Cole plays better behind the striker, as proven every time he's been there(except Arsenal). Jova can provide some pace despite poor decision making, Maxi is garbage but can provide a wall for Johnson or co to work off with some passes. Crossing my fingers for something here................2-0 to us with Cole opening the scoring early and Torres scoring second half.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:I think Babel should get given a start. Poulsen and Lucas as we need battlers because Blackburn are a filthy team. I would start with

Reina

Gerrard

Torres

i would like you to LOOK at what you wrote and have a little talk to your self.....
you say it will be a battle yet you want to play BABEL, LUCAS AND POULSEN you sir are off your rocker (imho)

babel would soon rock back and forth in the corner than make a tackle.

poulson has shown little to no desire to mix it up.

and lucas is a freekick wonder as in he gives one away every time he makes a tackle.

fwiw i would go with (so long as they are all fit)

reina

kelly  --  carra  --  skittle  --  konch

johnson  --  gerrard  --  marelis  --  jova

--  cole  --
                   --  torres  --
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 am

GRAHAM01 wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:I think Babel should get given a start. Poulsen and Lucas as we need battlers because Blackburn are a filthy team. I would start with

Reina

Gerrard

Torres

i would like you to LOOK at what you wrote and have a little talk to your self.....
you say it will be a battle yet you want to play BABEL, LUCAS AND POULSEN you sir are off your rocker (imho)

babel would soon rock back and forth in the corner than make a tackle.

poulson has shown little to no desire to mix it up.

and lucas is a freekick wonder as in he gives one away every time he makes a tackle.

fwiw i would go with (so long as they are all fit)

reina

kelly  --  carra  --  skittle  --  konch

johnson  --  gerrard  --  marelis  --  jova

--  cole  --
                   --  torres  --

Yeah it is going to be a battle and with no Mascherano who can we play defensive midfield without compramising our attatcking threat in Gerrard. Babel isnt there to be a battler Babel is there because he works hard when ever he gets a chance. I feel sorry for the lad hes a good player but is over looked every week if he started against Blackpool and everton we would have got some points because he is a skillful player with determination and makes things happen.

Lucas isnt a bad player he tries hard and with the squad we have thats all we have to play with a player who wants to win and will get stuck in. If we start with Gerrard as a defending midfielder sunday mark my word we wont win the game

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Why play defensive at hoem to Blackburn, that is what is wrong, we need to attack from the start and try to get an early goal. I would play Agger/Skittle in CD alongside Kelly and Konchesky and play Carra as lone DM in front of them then have Johnson on the right, Jovanovic on the left with Gerrard just behind Torres. If Torres starts badly I'd haul him off and replace him with N'Gog or Babel.
worcester_red

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:This will be a tough game. I think they'll have 11 behind the ball. However it most definately is a must win game. Lose, then Roy has to go.

In which case the ball will simply be sat in the centre circle with both teams stood there watching it! :D

My first thought when i read that  :D 

Seriously though, i can see this being a draw. 1-1 possibly.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:Yeah it is going to be a battle and with no Mascherano who can we play defensive midfield without compramising our attatcking threat in Gerrard. Babel isnt there to be a battler Babel is there because he works hard when ever he gets a chance. I feel sorry for the lad hes a good player but is over looked every week if he started against Blackpool and everton we would have got some points because he is a skillful player with determination and makes things happen.

Lucas isnt a bad player he tries hard and with the squad we have thats all we have to play with a player who wants to win and will get stuck in. If we start with Gerrard as a defending midfielder sunday mark my word we wont win the game

yes i understand we need someone in the middle to break up the play but poulson and lucas are not the players to do this i put gerrard and marelis in the middle as they can both hold or push forward or hold and break things up (they can both do it)

sorry i just don't see the good work you see when you watch babel he has been nothing but lazy this season he has been given some (not a lot i will grant you) time on the pitch and he is just poor very very poor and i do not believe if he had started against b/pool or everton we would have done any better imo

as you said lucas is not a bad!! player but just not what we need for this game, blackburn are very well drilled in set pieces and the last thing we need is to start giving them freekicks all over the place
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games