LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Must win

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Where are all the c...ts now?

I've been hidden.

All the afternoon trying to avoid the internet and this forum in order to watch the game tonight without knowing the final result, as I didn't know anything about the second half.

But someone sent me a sms with the result and saying "it was about time Liverpool win".

So there, the spoiler.

Anyway, it's nice when the spoiler is to know it was a victory  :buttrock

Let's see if I finnish downloading and I can enjoy a good game.

So happy Torres scored, I liked his face when I've seen it in Marca.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 pm

3 points. Most importantly a far better performance than the previous ones. Nando's goal is a bonus. The Greek for MOTM. Happy days ahead?
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:32 pm

europian-kings wrote:Come on Red Men!!! 3-1 win, with el nino finally grabbing a double. You can quote me on that!

:D

OK OK I was wrong, cut me some slack...

Good win red men :D can go to bed happy of 3 points!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 pm

nothing more to add really, apart from how much i'd forgotten what it was like to enjoy watching us play. i like that team pretty much and i like how much they all worked for each other today. an aurelio in for a konchesky, an agger in for a skrtel and a kelly in for a carra and we could do pretty well if they keep that attitude.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reds4life » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:38 am

it's a great team performance... seeing how much more sprited they are and are playing with more urgency. but it's funny that the players start playing negatively when they are with one goal lead They should be able to play the type of passing and pressing game as in the 1st half thru'out the 90 mins. i think Uncle Roy's secret bicycle and bouncing ball training must be working after all! :p
Reds4life

Postby Redangel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:25 am

Really enjoyed that. I was beginning to dread watching us play , but we showed some spirit and proved we can still play football as it should be played !

Keep it up Roy and prove many of us wrong . I really , really hope you do !   :)
Redangel

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:19 am

yeah, nice one Roy, good positive play today from the lads. Merelies looks a player with a few more games under his shorts. Cole actually looked like Joe Cole had turned up today and not sent his rubbish twin brother to play instead, Torres from the kick off looked very sharp again and Stevie playing just behind Torres is the best place for him. Take note Roy.

All in all a good game and a good shift from the men in red.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 am

I was there yesterday and agree with a lot of the positive comments.
There were times we played some good football and if it wasn't for conceding a sloppy goal it would have been a comfortable victory.
We sat back too much last 20 minutes but players were understandably nervous about dropping more points.
I don't know what Skrtel was thinking about for their goal, though haven't seen a replay yet.

I think Miereles will prove to be a top player for us, Cole looked lively and some of his crosses were excellent, Krygiakos was MOTM again gave everything for us.
Torres looked a different player, body language was good, no moaning at the referee, held the ball up, made some decent runs and worked hard.

Konchesky would be a slight worry, again I thought he was average.

I would keep the same team for next week, even if Johnson is fit as it won't do him any harm for him to be on the bench and sends out the message that his place is not guaranteed, after all he has been poor this season so far.

Bolton is such an important game, if we can get 3 points going into the Chelsea game it will be a big boost, to lose next week would put us back again.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 am

a step in the right diraction. big test at bolton next week though as the defence is still a concern.

just great to see us creating chances though. could have been 2 or 3 up at half time. blackburn were woeful and yet we still contrived to make life difficult for ourselves in the last 20 minutes.

oh and welcome back fernando torres.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:42 am

LFC2007 wrote:Where are all the c...ts now?

I was at a wedding and Ciggy is on holiday  :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am

Watched most of the highlights when i got in and for me Maxi and Lucas stood out.well done lads . Same again at Bolton please
Well done to Roy an all for going for it , very positive play today ,

Liddellpool banner looked boss on the kop .aswell would of made my dad proud that, im sure there must of been a few arl fellas who got  a lumps in there throats on the kop today seeing that , Well Done Ste
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 pm

The difference between yesterday's performance and the Blackppol game was like night and day. For 65 minutes I thought we played very well. Passing tempo MUCH MUCH better, players wanted and showed for the ball, we saw some of that short passing game I expected to see under Hodgson, the midfield bossed it and our back four dealt with their long ball game every time. Krygiakos was absolutely immense at the back, it's been a while since i've watched a game where everytime the ball is tossed into the box you just know it's gonna be coming back the other way and we were also a massive threat every time we won a corner thanks to the big Greek. Lucas had the best game I can recall him ever having in a red shirt, I thought the lad was superb, he's quick getting about the pitch, physical in the tackle and his passing was excellent. I can't recall him giving away possession once. Fernando still has a way to go but yesterday was a good start and you could see his confidence grow the moment he put that ball away. I'm very happy we've signed Mereilles, he continues to look an excellent player and he already looks like the guy who is gonna make this team tick. Hodgson deserves credit for signing him.

Some real concerns still remain though. Several times we got the ball wide yesterday and it I was screaming for us to get bodies in the box but it was all very measured. If you're playing one up top and you have a crossing opportunity you must get the oppososite wide man into the box, plus you need at least one of your midfeidl 3 to get in there and ideally the opposite full-back should break forward to pick up the pieces if the cross misses everyone or a defender gets a flick on the ball. Our rivals get bodies forward when they attack and you sense that this is not Hodgson's way.

We pressed the ball better yesterday although you sensed this weas often at the demand of the crowd screaming for our lads to get out to them. Then we hit 65 minutes, they had a couple of minutes of possession and we just seemed to drop off them. I understand players/teams can get nervous, particularly given our form but thsi was the 65th minute not the 85th. I'd like to see us get out top teams at Anfield, no matter who they are. Again, I don't think this is Hodgson's way but it's how the big teams have always played, particularly against this sort of opposition.

No doubt we need another 3 points against Bolton and then we can take some confidence into what will be a very difficult game against Chelsea but how could is it to wake up on a Monday morning and not feel :censored: about the footy!?

PS. Shotgun starting the next match thread!

Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:11 pm

The difference between yesterday's performance and the Blackppol game was like night and day. For 65 minutes I thought we played very well. Passing tempo MUCH MUCH better, players wanted and showed for the ball, we saw some of that short passing game I expected to see under Hodgson, the midfield bossed it and our back four dealt with their long ball game every time. Krygiakos was absolutely immense at the back, it's been a while since i've watched a game where everytime the ball is tossed into the box you just know it's gonna be coming back the other way and we were also a massive threat every time we won a corner thanks to the big Greek. Lucas had the best game I can recall him ever having in a red shirt, I thought the lad was superb, he's quick getting about the pitch, physical in the tackle and his passing was excellent. I can't recall him giving away possession once. Fernando still has a way to go but yesterday was a good start and you could see his confidence grow the moment he put that ball away. I'm very happy we've signed Mereilles, he continues to look an excellent player and he already looks like the guy who is gonna make this team tick. Hodgson deserves credit for signing him.

Some real concerns still remain though. Several times we got the ball wide yesterday and it I was screaming for us to get bodies in the box but it was all very measured. If you're playing one up top and you have a crossing opportunity you must get the oppososite wide man into the box, plus you need at least one of your midfeidl 3 to get in there and ideally the opposite full-back should break forward to pick up the pieces if the cross misses everyone or a defender gets a flick on the ball. Our rivals get bodies forward when they attack and you sense that this is not Hodgson's way.

We pressed the ball better yesterday although you sensed this weas often at the demand of the crowd screaming for our lads to get out to them. Then we hit 65 minutes, they had a couple of minutes of possession and we just seemed to drop off them. I understand players/teams can get nervous, particularly given our form but thsi was the 65th minute not the 85th. I'd like to see us get out top teams at Anfield, no matter who they are. Again, I don't think this is Hodgson's way but it's how the big teams have always played, particularly against this sort of opposition.

No doubt we need another 3 points against Bolton and then we can take some confidence into what will be a very difficult game against Chelsea but how could is it to wake up on a Monday morning and not feel :censored: about the footy!?

Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:15 pm

i'm actually looking foward to going to bolton next weekend now, which is not something i would have said 48 hours ago.

anyone else here going?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Scottbot wrote:The difference between yesterday's performance and the Blackppol game was like night and day. For 65 minutes I thought we played very well. Passing tempo MUCH MUCH better, players wanted and showed for the ball, we saw some of that short passing game I expected to see under Hodgson, the midfield bossed it and our back four dealt with their long ball game every time. Krygiakos was absolutely immense at the back, it's been a while since i've watched a game where everytime the ball is tossed into the box you just know it's gonna be coming back the other way and we were also a massive threat every time we won a corner thanks to the big Greek. Lucas had the best game I can recall him ever having in a red shirt, I thought the lad was superb, he's quick getting about the pitch, physical in the tackle and his passing was excellent. I can't recall him giving away possession once. Fernando still has a way to go but yesterday was a good start and you could see his confidence grow the moment he put that ball away. I'm very happy we've signed Mereilles, he continues to look an excellent player and he already looks like the guy who is gonna make this team tick. Hodgson deserves credit for signing him.

Pretty much exactly how i saw it Scott .

Am worried that our defence seem to get pulled out of position quite easily
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games