Liverpool vs blackburn - Anfield, 28/02/10 15.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:32 am

A bit nervy at the end there (cheers Pepe) but a key result.  Blackburn employed their usual pub team tactics so the lads showed good resolve to keep their heads and try and play a little football in and amongst that lot.  What a breath of fresh air to have Torres back and on the scoresheet.  Masch looked strong at RB and I liked the work Maxi was doing down the flank.  I think we did well in a 4-4-2 and are getting back to looking a stronger and more potent side.  I've missed the last 3 matches so have no sense of how today compared but it was a huge leap forward from our football a fortnight ago.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 am

Vital three points, disappointing not to put more goals past Blackburn (two goals in two games) but minimum requirement achieved. For those complaining about people not throwing a party because we scraped home, we're not Burnley or some other side just happy with the result, and if we play like that next season we'll be scrapping it out for fourth again. And the fact remains this is a forum for discussion in which people ANALYSE, not just say "we won, next" - be a bit of a pointless "discussion" if we all did that so quit griping. Of course it was never going to be pretty, some of their fouling was borderline assault - well Nzonzi's was assault, but Wiley I have concluded is a manc fan and hates Liverpool so probably decided well before the game that it would have to be attempted murder before he'd show a rovers player a red card. We gifted them an equaliser, Carra's silly handball while on the ground in the box was stupid, but perhaps if Wiley had read his rules or forgotten it was us, we'd have played 10 or 9 men and consequently got a goal or two more. We were in truth probably lucky not to drop points, Rafa's still hanging on for his 100th clean sheet in the league, but the two goals have proven enough for us to get points this season in the league even if our cup goals have only just started to flow.

LFC Premiership goals

0-1 goals : P14 W2 D4 L8 F7 A17 PTS 10 (five clean sheets)
2+ goals : P14 W12 D2 L0 F38 A11 PTS 38 (seven clean sheets)

2/3 of our points coming when we score two or more goals, shame being we only manage it ever other game.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 am

Post match interview from both managers
Link

Any news if the FA is following up on the assault incident by Pascal and Nzonzi?
shawnk

Postby DrPepe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:09 am

shawnk wrote:Post match interview from both managers
Link

Any news if the FA is following up on the assault incident by Pascal and Nzonzi?

dealt with at the time  :laugh:  :idea
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:11 am

only me wrote:A win is a win but Rafa lost the plot.

Liverpool looks like a team requiring a massive change at the helm ,owners manager players the whole system.

Watching Lucas "play" ,watching Kuyt trying to control the ball ,watching player out of there positions ,defending deep ,huge spaces between our striker and rest of the team ,i don't know what Rafa wants but surely that isn't the way.

I would always rather complain after wins but that is getting pathetic.

And Yes Blackborn are a band of thugs.

Should you not be on strike? I thought it included alter-egos.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:20 am

I remember Utd in the days of Schmichael (?) although I hated him I always wished we had a keeper that could turn a game like him. The amount of times we would see a shot going towards the corner at the end of the game only for Schmichael to make an amazing save used to drive me nuts. Well happy days as we have one of those keepers. We have ourselves one of the best keepers in the world and frankly the only Liverpool player this year that has been as consistant as last year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Good win, disappointing that BB had more shots on & off target than we had. I know its the ones that go in that count but we were at home, and we were playing blackburn.

Looking at the league, its so depressing seeing what has happened this year because the title is wide open and we should be one of the teams in the mix.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:20 pm

saw somewhere today a report that said Chelsea are to buy Reina in summer as Benitez is forced to sell a big name in order to fund some transfers. :(   be a bstd if that happens.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Lee J wrote:saw somewhere today a report that said Chelsea are to buy Reina in summer as Benitez is forced to sell a big name in order to fund some transfers. :(   be a bstd if that happens.

Rubbish mate  :laugh:  Pepe's heart and soul is in this club

The only reason he would leave is because of his father and that would mean him moving to a club in Spain.
Fauxy

Postby tonyeh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Only saw highlights of this. Been away for a while and I'm only getting beack into the season now.

Seemed to be an OK'ish performance, aided by a bit of luck and Pepe (gawd bless im)

That foul on Lucas was hilarious. How the hell that Blackburn lad stayed on the pitch is anyone's guess. I was amazed when the ref pulled out a yellow. Incredible.
tonyeh

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Blackburn employed their usual pub team tactics so the lads showed good resolve to keep their heads and try and play a little football in and amongst that lot. 

I wouldnt go so far as to Blackburn were at fault Bob as to say that Fat Sam as at Bolton and elsewhere has persuaded his team to become a team of kickers and spoilers. This has been FS´s strategy for teh past 10 years now - whatever happened to the beautiful game?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Reg wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Blackburn employed their usual pub team tactics so the lads showed good resolve to keep their heads and try and play a little football in and amongst that lot. 

I wouldnt go so far as to Blackburn were at fault Bob as to say that Fat Sam as at Bolton and elsewhere has persuaded his team to become a team of kickers and spoilers. This has been FS´s strategy for teh past 10 years now - whatever happened to the beautiful game?

I'm surprised the FA do not clamp down on that sort of play. People want to watch skillfull footballers, not bruisers.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 am

It is like forums, you can't dictate how people do things as long as they fall within the rules. However there are rules against physical play that involve yellow and red cards, therein lies an off-field war between the clubs who if their players get punished for being overphysical will claim they are persecuted (the fat sams of the Premiership) and those who claim their players aren't protected (the Arsene Whingers of the Premiership) when the overphysical mob make sure they get the player and worry about the ball as an afterthought.

The shame is the refs seem to be influenced by managers who use the media as their soapbox. The cynics claim fergie got to keep Vidic because of his rants on the media, although on the topic of fergie there is suggestion him refusing to speak to the BBC contravenes the policy agreement of managers speaking to broadcasters with broadcasting packages...................... :D

It would be nice if all clubs played football and not scrap for every challenge in the hope they can stop the opposition and "nick something". I do despise the clubs and fans that play godawful football and either want us to praise them for it or don't like being criticised for it. The "we don't get the recognition we deserve" line drives me up the wall, the bottom line is if both sides played to their normal standard you'd have lost or got stuffed. So you managed to stifle your opponents, kick lumps out of them and fluffed what chances you had, WHY would I congratulate anyone for playing park football in the top flight?!!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 am

first time i been on since the game

really enjoyed the game fans were great at the game top notch, i'm still horse now

thought the game was good the lads played well, thought mash played a great game

great well taken goals and the normal sh*t played by them kick anything shin, ankle, leg oh and ball once or twice :D

great game well in lads
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Must say I was disappointed not to get a 3rd goal late on so that Rafa could dust off the old "game over" gesture once more. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games