LIVERPOOL VS BIRMINGHAM CITY - 09/11/09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby beng » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:23 pm

beng

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:00 pm

JoeTerp wrote:N'gog path was completely obstructed by a mistimed challenge that did not win the ball. If he didn't put in the challenge N'gog would have just kept on running to the ball and would have pulled the ball back to somebody, but the challenge was put in, and he wasn't anywhere near the ball. In my opinion, the mere fact that N'gog was FORCED to jump over Carsely to get to a ball that he was dribbling is enough to whistle for the penalty regardless of whether or not N'gog leaves his foot out to make contact.

what game were you watching , in fact, what planet are you on?

earth calling!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Lee J wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:N'gog path was completely obstructed by a mistimed challenge that did not win the ball. If he didn't put in the challenge N'gog would have just kept on running to the ball and would have pulled the ball back to somebody, but the challenge was put in, and he wasn't anywhere near the ball. In my opinion, the mere fact that N'gog was FORCED to jump over Carsely to get to a ball that he was dribbling is enough to whistle for the penalty regardless of whether or not N'gog leaves his foot out to make contact.

what game were you watching , in fact, what planet are you on?

earth calling!

Hear ! Hear !
Methinks Joe is talkin' thru his erse !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tonyeh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:42 pm

Joe, EggNog didn't just jump over Carsley...he did an A-Team aircrawl as if Lee had grenades in his heels and blew him up.

Besides, Carsley made a decent solid challenge. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it and he was closer to the ball than he was to EggNog.

And Mark's correct, we'd be screaming blue murder if that had gone against Liverpool at the opposite end.
tonyeh

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:BTW, followingthe game, I heard on the news that Agger is also injured. Is this true? as i've not heard anything more about it.

He has pulled out of the danish national team ahead of their two friendlies but only as a precaution as far as I have heard (ie he could have played had it been important games and not friendlies). Should be fit to play City then I reckon, which is a good thing as he and Carra should be our two starting cb's imo.
JamCar05

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:45 pm

tonyeh wrote:Joe, EggNog didn't just jump over Carsley...he did an A-Team aircrawl as if Lee had grenades in his heels and blew him up.

Absolutely fantastic description, I have seen and heard people excuse the dive by talking about intent and that a foul doesn't need to have contact, but N'Gog was not taking evasive action he was trying to con the referee. Most neutrals agree, you might as well discount most Liverpool fans and rival fans as we all know which version they prefer.

tonyeh wrote:And Mark's correct, we'd be screaming blue murder if that had gone against Liverpool at the opposite end.

I think there lies a problem for me, I'm sick of fans of other clubs denying their players do anything wrong and slating other teams' players for the same offence so let's call a spade a spade and agree it WAS NOT a penalty and WAS an N'gog-awful dive

DISCLAIMER : I'm not calling N'Gog a spade
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games