LIVERPOOL VS BIRMINGHAM CITY - 09/11/09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kunilson » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:59 am

very angry at that.

completely dominated that game from start to finish. First goal was brilliantly taken, all we had to do was go on from there but then we tried to slow it down. Bang, they're back in it and what a soft goal to let in....their 2nd was a good one but we had so many chances before that and after that we should have destroyed Birmingham last night.

Even after we scored that penalty which should have never been given i cant remember us shooting on target for the last 10 minutes, absolutely gutted and p1ssed off with that....

One of those days i guess, AGAIN. Too many in a row......im glad there's an international break.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:07 am

Come on, folks..That was as blatant a dive as that cheeky ku.nt Ronaldo...If it was against us we'd be livid, and I'd have to say that of all the professionals in the Premiership, I think Carsley stands at least alongside all the model pro's, if not above them. He's a bit slower than he was but he's not a cynical player. It was a dive by Eggnog, end of...

As for the rest of the performance, not bad, but simply not good enough. We had to bring SG on from the bench, knowing full well it probably isn't the wisest thing to do, because a) Rafa didn't have the nads to stick Aquilani on in place of Rieira, and b) there's nobody else there capable of turning the game around. It really pi$$es me off that we are so reliant on him especially, 'cos Torres goes AWOL a bit too often for my liking. (And I don't mean when he's injured like last night...)

As for Rafa's post-match interview, enough of the "we had many many chances..." - they don't count for shyte if you don't put 'em away, Rafa !! Not your fault personally, but we don't have a player on the pitch capable of punishing the opposition when we're in the last 10 yards of the pitch. All this up and under - sheesh, it was like watching a rugby match..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby phil_cool » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:11 am

Good performance bad result. The league has gone now we are just playing for a top four spot.
phil_cool

Postby FP10000 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:19 am

Last edited by FP10000 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
FP10000

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:38 am

Does anyone notice that Ngog is getting better and better with each game he plays? I thought he looked like he was really finding his feet last night. He made some good runs, has good close control, was in the right place, got himself behind the defenders. Only downside was his dive but lets face it, we we're desperate and I've seen Gerrard do the same thing hundreds of times. Anyway, credit to Ngog - well done lad.

Johnson - top notch
Gerrard - looked back to his hungry self
Bennynoon - unlucky with the injury
Aquaman - looked comfy. Put a fab ball out to the wide right.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:05 am

We where playing boss before Gerrard come on it sort of spoilt it when he came on, the lads where playing really well and seemed to go back into their shell once he come on.
I love him to bits dont get me wrong but i dont think he should have come on for Reira. I also dont think Lucas should have gone off for Aqualini he was brilliant last night.
Dirk should have gone off or put upfront he offered no goal threat atall.

Hope Reira and Yossi arnt to seriously injured.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:12 am

When I looked at our team before the game I thought we had more than enough to see off Birmingham, but that we might have problems breaking them down without Gerrard and Torres ....... I never thought they would score two against us! This is only the second time this season that Birmingham have scored two in the league. We really need to work on our defending, its no point us scoring goals if we are conceeding them just as fast. The worst part about it is they hardly attacked and got two, whilst we created chance after chance and needed a "dodgy pen".
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:15 am

Last night for me pretty much summed up the season for me. Infact the first half was almost a carbon copy of the lyon second half. Playing ok and cruising, then concede a daft goal from a set piece and suddenly the team and the crowd get reall nervous. You could have heard a pin drop at times. Our current situation was also summed up by two more injuries (if they are both hamstrings they could be 4 week jobs) and the fact that as long as Cameron Jerome plays he will never hit a shot better than that one.

Second half was completely one way traffic but it still says it all when our two best attacking players were our right back and a guy who was basically playing at 50% of his capabilities due to lack of match fitness. Lovely finish from Ngog but his general touch was poor. Dirk is having an absolute nightmare at the moment and was poor again (he almost looked a yard off the pace) but with the injury situation there's no way you can drop him as there's nobody else.

Overall really really disappointing. I'd also like to know how fit Aquilani is because giving him 8 minutes is hardly long enough to have an impace. He should have been straight after we made it 2-2 imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:41 am

stmichael wrote:Overall really really disappointing. I'd also like to know how fit Aquilani is because giving him 8 minutes is hardly long enough to have an impace. He should have been straight after we made it 2-2 imo.

Agree on that, I thought he should have come on at 70 mins or not at all. What can you do in 8 minutes?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:50 am

Scottbot wrote:Agree on that, I thought he should have come on at 70 mins or not at all. What can you do in 8 minutes?

Do you think he might start for the reserves tonight?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Scottbot wrote:Agree on that, I thought he should have come on at 70 mins or not at all. What can you do in 8 minutes?

14 successful passes (2 sideways), 1 unsuccessful pass and 1 free kick won. thats 16 events in 8 minutes, which works out at 2 events every minute.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:20 pm

andy_g wrote:

14 successful passes (2 sideways), 1 unsuccessful pass and 1 free kick won. thats 16 events in 8 minutes, which works out at 2 events every minute.

:D  he also bottled out of another two tackles, hopefully because he is still recovering fitness and not because he has no bottle.

I thought his movement was excellent and he never stopped running. I will be watching his tackling in the next few games with interest though.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm also sick of completely sh#te players all scoring against us as if they suddenly turn into Zidane against Liverpool or something. Assou-Ekotto, Jerome, Zamora, Zaki. The list is endless. Even that bloody beach ball had a blinder against us. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:27 pm

just got to keep knocking on the door with these players!!

aqua man although looking good is not fit to last a long time on the pitch but with there being a 2 week break now should help him

gerrard again not fit but because he is the player he is he makes up for that with his passionand will alway give his all, again the 2 week break should help him (i hope he doesn't get called up for england)

lucas has improved a great deal over the start of the season and i/we can only hope that what rafa sees in him comes out more and more

ngog i thought took his goal very well and looked very good in the first half, faded out of it in the second half for me but was still there or there abouts, the non pen (dive) was a bit hard to take but i think most of us would have tried to do anything to get something out of a game we should have won with ease

kuyt although doing ok did not live up to even his normal level i'm sure this was because he was playing as a second striker and he was getting pulled back to deep (imo)

it is a shame about reira and bennie, all we can do is hope that they are not to bad and back after this break

are defence worries me so much though but i can not put my finger on why they are not getting things together just seems like someone need to knock there bloody heads together and tell them to talk to each other??

anyway like many have said right performance wrong result
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm

not convinced with ngog.  nice finish but he couldnt trap a bag of cement.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games