Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:23 pm

not good enough
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:24 pm

So disappointing, great we came ack from 2 down but should have gone on and won it, too many players off the pace this week, I thought Sterling was probably our best player
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:26 pm

This one for me is again down to the manager. He needs to sort out his ideas. Far too many moving parts about the teams play keeps us permanently unsettled in key areas...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby ethanr » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:27 pm

How stupid is cissokho? I mean it's bad enough that he f*cking sucks, but when there's 10 seconds left in the game and everybody is telling him to throw it in, and he just sits there doing nothing for 15 seconds… are you f*cking kidding me? Absolute disgrace of a player for us, and I can't wait until we can ship him back to Spain.

Johnson and cissokho look like they couldn't give two ***** about playing for Liverpool right now. Put the young guys in at full back and they'll play their hearts out. It can't possibly be any worse than what we've had in at fullback.

2 points dropped when we couldn't afford to. We'll be 5th on Monday night.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:29 pm

I really cannot wait for Cissokho to be dropped, he offers nothing, I would rather see Enrique on crutches than him. Last minute loads of space and time to get a cross into the box and a pathetic effort that doesn't get past the first man. Whoever scouted this guy and reckoned he was a good for us should be sacked.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:30 pm

cissokho is a poor, poor excuse for a footballer. Awful positioning, average passing and an inability to run with the ball without falling over his own feet.

As for the rest of the match, it was a case of wrong formation for the wrong game. Credit to BR, he changed it (Hodgson and Kenny wouldn't have done so) but we needed some fresh legs in the last 15 mins to push on. We should have won this and it's 2 points dropped.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm gonna focus on getting drunk rather than dwell on that but... I'd be a better left back than Cissokho and so would my wife. How the hell has he conned so many into thinking he can play football?

Still I'm not making him a scapegoat for that... Rodgers got the tactics wrong from the start. You don't go gung-ho against a counter attack side. We should have been buried at half time but if Lucas doesn't go off when he does we go on to win that.

Anyway... slainte people.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Awful midfield. That is all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:47 pm

I think Brendan needs to realise that it's no good putting Gerrard in a midfield two and he can no longer play him all match every match, he can still do a job with Lucas in the side and henderson doing the running but he'll be 34 before long and he's not the player he was. Brendan tried to accommodate our four best forwards in the side but he but we were overran in midfield. I think I would have left Coutinho on and brought the skipper off. Sorry Stevie but time is catching up and you need to be sued more sparingly.
Basil

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Cissoko "my" Lad was awful as one can get but ffs this game is on BR. Got his tactics all wrong and by the time we were sorted it was too late ,lads were too nervous to turn it around completely.  Luis played too within himself and didn't look for his partners. Without A creative MF in the middle (And coutinho is not enough) Luis and Sturridge aren't getting enough supplies. Sterling is still half baked for me does everything well till the last play. Thought Allen looked lively and quick on this feet. And for god sake don't play Gerrard in that position anymore.

Get Sakho and Flano back ,sign 1-2 more players and let win the EPL.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:18 pm

only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:48 pm wrote:Cissoko "my" Lad was awful as one can get but ffs this game is on BR. Got his tactics all wrong and by the time we were sorted it was too late ,lads were too nervous to turn it around completely.  Luis played too within himself and didn't look for his partners. Without A creative MF in the middle (And coutinho is not enough) Luis and Sturridge aren't getting enough supplies. Sterling is still half baked for me does everything well till the last play. Thought Allen looked lively and quick on this feet. And for god sake don't play Gerrard in that position anymore.

I think the title went today, that leaves us 8 points behind arsenal and 7 behind city which will take some making up, especially the way city are playing.
We are in a right scrap for 4th now, I think we need to concentrate on that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:18 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:48 pm wrote:Cissoko "my" Lad was awful as one can get but ffs this game is on BR. Got his tactics all wrong and by the time we were sorted it was too late ,lads were too nervous to turn it around completely.  Luis played too within himself and didn't look for his partners. Without A creative MF in the middle (And coutinho is not enough) Luis and Sturridge aren't getting enough supplies. Sterling is still half baked for me does everything well till the last play. Thought Allen looked lively and quick on this feet. And for god sake don't play Gerrard in that position anymore.

I think the title went today, that leaves us 8 points behind arsenal and 7 behind city which will take some making up, especially the way city are playing.
We are in a right scrap for 4th now, I think we need to concentrate on that.

Nothing wrong with some self delusion  :grinning:  ,we were never contenders for the title with our thin squad but enjoyed it while it lasted. Anyway playing for a CL till the end is a must. I hope while Henry is here he will meet Rodgers F2F and open his pockets for some more signings.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:57 pm

we just threw away 2 points today and in truth only for another flaky penalty we would have got nothing. the first half was just absolutely shocking with equally shocking defending .
we have far too many average to poor players in the side and today it showed. coutinho was closed down everytime same with suarez who hardly got any space and we struggled to create anything.
never thought we would ever be contenders for the league but even in a fight for 4th you cannot afford to throw away points against a side like that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:07 pm

For me, talk of the title was always bonkers but aim was 4th at the start of the season and we are well on course for that. Not a great result today but not every result is going to go our way, just like it won't for the teams we are competing against for 4th. Disappointment today was the fact we went 2-0 down and had to claw the game back. Becoming a tad concerned about the goals we are conceding. Going forward we are a match for anyone but at the back I don't think we have a real leader in defence in the Carra mould. But hey, we are right up there and in a good position and got a couple of big games coming up and I'm feeling quite confident.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games