Liverpool v West Ham

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:58 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 am wrote:Ok I'm confused now with all the own goals.
So the WH goal was an own goal by Skrtel.
Our first was an OG by Demel.
Then Sakho claimed the 2nd though it seems Collins had the last touch.
Suarez's header had no issue but his second might be an OG from O'Brien too seeing that it took a huge deflection.

It's really stupid. What they claim is that (unless it's been recently changed) if the original shot was on target, then it doesn't matter if the other player deflects it in, it's a goal, so both Sakho and Suarez's goals should count for them ( I think Suarez's was on target, but hard to tell). It's only an own goal if there was no shot by the team who gets the goal, or if there was a shot that was not on target, but ends up in the goal.

But they're so god damn inconsistent, so who knows what they'll say.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:54 pm wrote:Ok I'm confused now with all the own goals.
Suarez's header had no issue but his second might be an OG from O'Brien too seeing that it took a huge deflection.

Both Sakho's and Suarez' goals were on target that's why it's their goal. For me, Sakho's is clearly not an own goal because it was a difficult for Collins to catch that and it was going in anyway, while Suarez' is debatable because it wouldn't have been a goal if it didn't take a deflection.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Don't shoot me for using them as a source but Suarez's "second goal" was an OG according to Fantasy Football :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Santa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Didn't watch the game but with another haul of goals couple with City and Chelsea both losing points (and Man U getting beat, again!) this is turning out to be a good week after the hic up last week. So with Lukaku helping Chelsea scoring against their competitors, it's good to see Assaidi doing the same job for us. Let's keep picking up the three points, one game at a time!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Suarez's second is an OG. Confirmed by ESPN. Anyway, the league is very exciting this season. Tomorrow, Arsenal can go 7 points clear, or Everton can be joint second :buttrock I prefer the latter. Gonna need Arsenal to drop points.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:13 pm

damjan193 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:00 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:54 pm wrote:Ok I'm confused now with all the own goals.

Both Sakho's and Suarez' goals were on target that's why it's their goal. For me, Sakho's is clearly not an own goal because it was a difficult for Collins to catch that and it was going in anyway, while Suarez' is debatable because it wouldn't have been a goal if it didn't take a deflection.

Sakho's "goal" was an OG by James Collins according to ESPN.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:15 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:13 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:00 pm wrote:

Sakho's "goal" was an OG by James Collins according to ESPN.

Do you really want to quote ESPN on anything football-related? Great for American sports, but they know f*ck all about anything else. Their "experts" are f*cking morons for the most part. In a couple months NBC has put together a better panel than ESPN has been able to do in years, and that says something.
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Hopefully Suarez gets the second then. He's my fantasy captain :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:18 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 am wrote:Hopefully Suarez gets the second then. He's my fantasy captain :D

:laugh:
Well the FA isn't much better, and I think they prefer Suarez not be the top goal scorer, so don't get your hopes up mate!
ethanr

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07 pm

To be honest, from a personal point of View. Suarez was the only player to score in the right net, once.

All of the others were own goals. Collins was a superbly executed overhead kick in off the bar, the deflection of O'Brien was going well wide, Demel scored a superb poachers goal with his knee and Skrtel shown if you put a ball in the corner of the net that most keepers have no chance.

Comedy of errors! Strange game, made up with the points and goal difference even if we made hard work of it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07 pm

good win in the end it turned out to be.
when we lost stevie and they pulled one back i thought, here we go again but credit to the lads for sticking in and wrapping it up.
coutinho motm for me followed by suarez in close second.
great day of results for us  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:12 pm

Getting better, Sunderland are 1 up against Spurs
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Boocity » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:12 pm wrote:Getting better, Sunderland are 1 up against Spurs

Should keep my mouth shut :(
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:46 am

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 am wrote:Suarez's second is an OG. Confirmed by ESPN. Anyway, the league is very exciting this season. Tomorrow, Arsenal can go 7 points clear, or Everton can be joint second :buttrock I prefer the latter. Gonna need Arsenal to drop points.

I prefer a draw with a few send offs and some lengthy suspensions myself
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games