Liverpool V West Ham Sun 11th December 16:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Come on lads, Friday afternoon and no thread game thread :grinning:. West Ham are in wretched form and we will be eager to put things right after the disaster of last weekend. Could say the same about West Ham after there hammering however their confidence looks shot and not sure they are playing for Bilic. I'm going for 4-1.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:56 pm

In a way there's even more pressure on us to win tomorrow, if we follow up last weeks capitulation with a poor result against a West Ham side who are shipping goals like they are going out of fashion then people will really be questioning our top 4 credentials.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:04 pm

On Sunday mate  :;): . Interesting to see if they start with Carroll but tbh, with Matip back, I see it being less of an issue. West Ham looked like they had downed tools against Arsenal and we could give them another good battering. We score early and I think their heads will drop and it could become a case of how many will we score.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 pm

Doeboy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:04 pm wrote:On Sunday mate  :;): . Interesting to see if they start with Carroll but tbh, with Matip back, I see it being less of an issue. West Ham looked like they had downed tools against Arsenal and we could give them another good battering. We score early and I think their heads will drop and it could become a case of how many will we score.

Are we on the telly mate?

Edit - yep, just checked, we are on SKY.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Matip back, Lallana fit again...we should win this one. I'm going for 4-1  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Tricky game...West Ham are much better then their current league standing...We on the other hand after a demoralizing defeat...I trust Klopp to get the lads ready but i'm a bit nervous.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Lets bounce back and go on another good run. Im hoping lessons are learnt from last weeks debacle.

Karius

Clyne Matip Lovren Milner

Hendo
   Lallana     Can

Mane             Firmino
        Origi

I would pick Can over Wijnaldum. Can has been playing well and scoring.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:34 pm

Doeboy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:04 pm wrote:On Sunday mate  :;): . Interesting to see if they start with Carroll but tbh, with Matip back, I see it being less of an issue. West Ham looked like they had downed tools against Arsenal and we could give them another good battering. We score early and I think their heads will drop and it could become a case of how many will we score.

Thing with us is when we score more than one goal a lot of times its all within 3-10 min period.
If we do score and West ham bottle it then i am sure we will give them a battering.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:37 am

Can we all make a point of asssessing Hendo's impact on the game? Does he lead, his ability to attack, create attacking opportunities and conversely his sideways and backwards passing and ability to kill momentum? Just curious.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:12 am

Reg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:37 pm wrote:Can we all make a point of asssessing Hendo's impact on the game? Does he lead, his ability to attack, create attacking opportunities and conversely his sideways and backwards passing and ability to kill momentum? Just curious.

Imo he's been playing quite well recently Reg, okay last week he wasn't great but the yellow card definately hampered him, you could see he didn't want to go near any of their players for fear of being sent off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:13 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:12 am wrote:
Reg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:37 pm wrote:Can we all make a point of asssessing Hendo's impact on the game? Does he lead, his ability to attack, create attacking opportunities and conversely his sideways and backwards passing and ability to kill momentum? Just curious.

Imo he's been playing quite well recently Reg, okay last week he wasn't great but the yellow card definately hampered him, you could see he didn't want to go near any of their players for fear of being sent off.

I like Hendo. He's a very hardworking and loyal player to the team. But the fact of the matter is that he's just not good enough if we want to be challenging for the title. In defense, we settled on Skrtle for quite a long time. But look at what a better player like Matip brings. We have far too long settled on Hendo. Worse is that he is also one of the underwhelming captains we ever had. We need better players in the middle who can dominate and has character. Maybe if we can find a dominant player, Hendo might do better as well. As a role player he is quite good. I think his best season was during the 2012-2013 season, when we had suarez, gerrard and co who was dominating and Hendo was just a side kick. He contributes better on that role. Sad to say, Can is looking like he's made from a similar mould. He has his moments with assists and goals but he blows hot and cold fsr too often. If I were Klopp, I'd look at improving these positions that Hendo and Can occupies.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:45 am

Hendo is top of the stats for passes this season. But like Reg said i wonder what percentage are just sideways or back.
As a player i think he is good but captain im not so sure.
When we were collapsing against Bournemouth the captain should have tried to rally the lads. I didn't see anything.
To be honest Hendo role can be done by many players. Sit behind x2 mids playing neat passes backwards and sideways.
Imagine if we had Xabi in that role making those critial "Forward" passes.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:21 am

Not a fan of Hendo personally. Stats only tell you so much. He's not a leader, he's not dynamic and he sure as hell isn't Liverpool captain material
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 am

Looks like we're all on the same page then....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:57 pm

I know some rate Hendo highly, but I'm not one of them. If we sign Dahoud then I'd be looking to phase him in and Hendo out.

He's a good squad player, but not much else in my view.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games