Liverpool V West Ham Sun 11th December 16:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:27 am

How did Hendo play lads, the game kicked off at 00:30 for me and I was fast asleep..... 1. Leadership, 2. Attacking 3. Momentum killer 4. Sideways/back passing?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:38 am

Henderson had a decent game Reg.

Nearly scored one of goals of the year and winning the game for us 3-2 but their keeper made a worldly save.

The limitation with Henderson is that he simply can't win games on his own, like a Gerrard, Suarez or Coutinho.

All he can do is run his legs off and provide the engine for our link-up play, as we aren't expecting him to do anything more.

Whether this is good enough for Klopp's long term plans, only time will tell.......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby only me » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 am

Reg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:27 am wrote:How did Hendo play lads, the game kicked off at 00:30 for me and I was fast asleep..... 1. Leadership, 2. Attacking 3. Momentum killer 4. Sideways/back passing?

Had a typical Hendo game.

And to your question....No ,No ,Yes ,Yes...Had one cracking attempt at goal which would have given him the goal of the season...
Would be a decent sub.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:28 am

eds » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:38 am wrote:Henderson had a decent game Reg.

Nearly scored one of goals of the year and winning the game for us 3-2 but their keeper made a worldly save.

The limitation with Henderson is that he simply can't win games on his own, like a Gerrard, Suarez or Coutinho.

All he can do is run his legs off and provide the engine for our link-up play, as we aren't expecting him to do anything more.

Whether this is good enough for Klopp's long term plans, only time will tell.......

Yep, spot on, Hendo isn't a Xabi Alonso, he's a different type of player. He's not going to dictate games but what he will do is run all day and work hard which is no bad thing in a Klopp set up. In fact for Jurgen's system to work you actually need players like Hendo. Pressing is hard, hard work especially in a country like this where every team works hard pretty much by default, to out work a bunch of lazy b@stards is one thing but to out work players who are actually putting in a shift themselves takes a bit of doing and that's why Hendo is in there.
There's a reason why a quality player like Sturridge isn't a regular and Hendo is, that's because one player suits Klopps system and the other doesn't.
Sign a decent keeper, Van Dijk and Dahoud and we will be fine, Hendo is doing his job, it's other players who aren't doing there's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:59 pm

The ground Henderson covered yesterday was unbelievable. Everytime he got forward and West Ham countered, he sprinted with his man all the way back. I think he's a massive part of this team. Hendo and Milner may not stand out in this team because niether are flashy kind of guys .. but you can't knock the work ethic of either.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:21 pm

I'd like to start by mentioning the keeper, utterly shambolic display. There's cr@p keeping then there's this clown. Secondly I'd like to mention the Keeper, he's utter f@cking tripe and should be no where near Anfield let alone between the sticks. Finally a special mention to Karius, the keeper...  collect your stuff and jog on mate, you're diabolical.

thanks
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Terrible result in the end and it highlights how mentally weak we are. The keeper has shown in recent weeks that he isn't any better than mignolet and it still remains a problem position for us. It wasn't entirely his fault but he is no more than average and therefore fits right in with most of the team.
For our sakes I hope we do some business in January and they need to stop with the potential and add quality to the ranks. Players that will make a difference now, not more that we will need to sell in a few years.

Anyway we need to pick ourselves up and get a result at Boro.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games