LIVERPOOL V WEST HAM 29th August 2015 K.O. 1500

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:28 pm

We are all aspiring Premier league manager but somethings are just down to basic ,minimal football logic.

If you want to beat a defensive team ,and fore-some weird reason you opted to play a lone striker (The Big tall scary type of striker) how do you utilize such a player? You play the fkcing wings!! you have your Fast and bright FB's (why the fck did you sign Clyne????) get the ball almost each and every attack ,you ask them ,sorry No you commend them to cross the half line every time ,you pass them the ball so they can do their job!!! Everyone knows Coutinho will be surrounded by 3-4 defenders so why insist on going through the Middle?? You don't please 3 CM when you need speed at the wings...This isn't rocket science it's Football 101...Why doesn MR Rodgers think he invented football??? And i'm not even talking of him leaving better players on the bench...
That't it venting a little :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Well. It was nice while it lasted...
34 long games to go!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Typical typical typical!
When we need to win, considering our upcoming fixture, we get tonked by westham.
I knew after the first goal went in the players will lose their confidence especially the defense.
Credit to westham and slavin they played well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:44 pm

There are no easy games in this league anymore. With the TV money that is pouring into the league,  midtable and lower placed are able to build decent squads that will give the top teams a run for their money.  In the face of that,  sometimes you have to be prepared to graft out wins and today was a case of not being upto the task when it came to rolling up sleeves. Also you simply can't gift goals like we did today.

I don't think we have been particularly great so far season but looked reasonably solid as a unit up until todays game but today was a shambles which had left me very flat.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Doeboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:44 pm wrote:There are no easy games in this league anymore. With the TV money that is pouring into the league,  midtable and lower placed are able to build decent squads that will give the top teams a run for their money.  In the face of that,  sometimes you have to be prepared to graft out wins and today was a case of not being upto the task when it came to rolling up sleeves. Also you simply can't gift goals like we did today.

I don't think we have been particularly great so far season but looked reasonably solid as a unit up until todays game but today was a shambles which had left me very flat.

cant fault the Hammers today. They had us sussed about a week ago and played their tactical game well.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Also I worry about a lack of leaders in our squad, especially when the Sh*t hits the fan and things are not going our way. Where's the next Stevie or Carra who will get amongst the players and pull us up when we are up against it?
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Doeboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:58 pm wrote:Also I worry about a lack of leaders in our squad, especially when the Sh*t hits the fan and things are not going our way. Where's the next Stevie or Carra who will get amongst the players and pull us up when we are up against it?

We have Lovren for that. Wasn't he dubbed by HIMSELF and by the manager as our future leader when we signed him? Seriously, who talks of himself like that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 pm

That was terrible to watch, A really poor show in front of a home crowd. Loads of totally useless possession that creates absolutely nothing.
Lovren is a clown, No matter how well he plays you know under pressure he is a liability.  We were always up against it after they got one as there didn't look to be one goal in us never mind two.
The subs were ridiculous and already its looking a poor choice to loan out markovic.
Thought coutinho was unlucky to go but he should have been more careful when already on a yellow. Manure away next so we need to regroup and go there looking for 3 points.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Billic arrived with a plan ,and left with the points ,against a tactically impotent manager. I think today was even more humbling than the 6-1 annihilation at the Brittania  ,but 0-3 in our own backyard against a makeshift Hammerz side is practically soul destroying ,and to further our malaise we lose Coutz for the United game. I mean  if we had shown we had a flicker of game intelligence ,then we could right this off as a blip ,if we had been inventive and used the ball competently we could say there were signs of encouragement ,if we had managed more than one solitary strike on goal we could claim the keeper had a worldie and the goals will eventually come.

As it is, none of the above apply ,its like the current incumbent seems intent on carrying around a candle snuffer for every flicker of hope we spark ,the substitutions defied any logic so its an exercise in futility dissecting them . I said in this thread I was weary of this game as I had flashbacks to how easily a manger like Billic found it going up against a manager who fails to understand the concept of having a game plan.

James Pearce stated in the other nights echo that the manager is slowly regaining the trust of the fans ,well he needs to get his fucking running shoes on sharpish if he's going to convince them, as most of them left . In all my time at Anfield I have never left early ,and I never will ,but what was unusual was the response to them leaving was not as raucous as it once was ,because no one inside Anfield could have fucking blamed them.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:14 pm wrote:Billic arrived with a plan ,and left with the points ,against a tactically impotent manager. I think today was even more humbling than the 6-1 annihilation at the Brittania  ,but 0-3 in our own backyard against a makeshift Hammerz side is practically soul destroying ,and to further our malaise we lose Coutz for the United game. I mean  if we had shown we had a flicker of game intelligence ,then we could right this off as a blip ,if we had been inventive and used the ball competently we could say there were signs of encouragement ,if we had managed more than one solitary strike on goal we could claim the keeper had a worldie and the goals will eventually come.

As it is, none of the above apply ,its like the current incumbent seems intent on carrying around a candle snuffer for every flicker of hope we spark ,the substitutions defied any logic so its an exercise in futility dissecting them . I said in this thread I was weary of this game as I had flashbacks to how easily a manger like Billic found it going up against a manager who fails to understand the concept of having a game plan.

James Pearce stated in the other nights echo that the manager is slowly regaining the trust of the fans ,well he needs to get his fucking running shoes on sharpish if he's going to convince them, as most of them left . In all my time at Anfield I have never left early ,and I never will ,but what was unusual was the response to them leaving was not as raucous as it once was ,because no one inside Anfield could have fucking blamed them.

Not been a massive fan of your posts of late (no offence), but that was an excellent post  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:36 pm

It was very much expected result from a Liverpool team which were lucky for the past three games. It is truthful fact of an idiot BR team selection, tactics, and performance which it is so typical of last season!! Let us face it Liverpool team is a very weak team filled with too many below average BUT expensive players. I do believe the idiot BR has realized by now that he had bought another expensive dud player in Firmino to add to list of duds the likes of Markovic, Moerno, Clyne and Lovern etc.. !!.

The idiot BR did revert back to his favourite formation of 3-5-3 at half time after his team was losing 0-2 and increase the number of defenders to five!,   Benteke will not resolve the team problem of scoring goal, he was out of the game totally, useless in air, he was really straggling. He only does well when another striker is playing along side him, Ings addition was well too late.

The present Liverpool team still have the same problem of last season, cannot score goals, and no end product in final third, I am quite certain this problem will remain as long as this idiot BR is still in charge, which I think he will not be LFC manager that long,might be in the next coming weeks because the team performances will fall very much behind. Next game is M. United away, it will be another hammering like today’s game against West Ham, to register their long waited win since 1963!, I really feel sorry for past masters players of LFC teams that BR is tarnishing in shame their honourable records.  The worrying thing is that BR team is not only losing by an odd gaol, but in fact being hammered badly whether it is home or away.. Liverpool team cannot break solid defences what matter how weak the opposition are! This is fact and most fans know it.

The dark days are upon us.
algymoon

Postby tonyeh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:45 pm

All that happened today was that the reality we all knew was waiting in the wings struck. While, last week, Liverpool were decent against Arsenal, they were fortunate against Stoke and Bournemouth. 3-0 down to a team that hasn't beaten a Liverpool side in donkey's just confirms that this team is thrown together.

Everyone today was absolute shite. There were a few flashes of meh, but by and large that was awful.

This team is very, very weak.  :down:
tonyeh

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 pm

C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:18 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:14 pm wrote:Billic arrived with a plan ,and left with the points ,against a tactically impotent manager. I think today was even more humbling than the 6-1 annihilation at the Brittania  ,but 0-3 in our own backyard against a makeshift Hammerz side is practically soul destroying ,and to further our malaise we lose Coutz for the United game. I mean  if we had shown we had a flicker of game intelligence ,then we could right this off as a blip ,if we had been inventive and used the ball competently we could say there were signs of encouragement ,if we had managed more than one solitary strike on goal we could claim the keeper had a worldie and the goals will eventually come.

Not been a massive fan of your posts of late (no offence), but that was an excellent post  :nod

No offence taken mate ,its a forum with lots of differing perspectives ,my curse is I have a tendency to tell it like it is ,and often that doesn't sit well with other posters . I draw great comfort in knowing I am never less than honest in my appraisals or critique of managers or players either on this forum or in everyday life .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:05 pm

tonyeh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:45 pm wrote:All that happened today was that the reality we all knew was waiting in the wings struck. While, last week, Liverpool were decent against Arsenal, they were fortunate against Stoke and Bournemouth. 3-0 down to a team that hasn't beaten a Liverpool side in donkey's just confirms that this team is thrown together.

Everyone today was absolute shite. There were a few flashes of meh, but by and large that was awful.

This team is very, very weak.  :down:

Deep down i think we all had a feeling this may happen.

FSG need to get their heads out of their ar#$es and see that its not working out with BR. His had time and money to spend, implement his own ways but still were dire.

Had we say ended with a draw today playing decently i would though early daya yet, not the best result but slowly getting their.

However the way we lost today at home is pathetic.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 pm

Have no defence for Rodgers after that showing.

Simply embarrassing.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games