Liverpool V Tottenham KO Sat-11@ 17.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:16 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:54 pm wrote:As someone who often criticises our midfield I have to say I thought Wijnaldum and Hendo were superb today. Both of them worked their socks off and really got stuck in. The likes of Dembele, Wanyama, Alli, Kane, Dier, Sissoko etc are big lads and physical players but our lads completely out battled them. Great stuff.
:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Its evident Can needs to be out of the Main xi. Like you said mate the 6 worked like great orchestrated music. Its was awesome to watch. Just the type of footy we all have been missing so badly.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:54 pm wrote:As someone who often criticises our midfield I have to say I thought Wijnaldum and Hendo were superb today. Both of them worked their socks off and really got stuck in. The likes of Dembele, Wanyama, Alli, Kane, Dier, Sissoko etc are big lads and physical players but our lads completely out battled them. Great stuff.

Particularly impressed with Wijnaldum's performance. Couldnt believe my eyes when i saw him pressing way up front even in the dying minutes!

and credit to Henderson he seemed to have grown some balls questioning the ref... the ref seemed to be on defensive having to explain to Henderson. Finally some leadership...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:00 am

redshade » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:16 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:54 pm wrote:As someone who often criticises our midfield I have to say I thought Wijnaldum and Hendo were superb today. Both of them worked their socks off and really got stuck in. The likes of Dembele, Wanyama, Alli, Kane, Dier, Sissoko etc are big lads and physical players but our lads completely out battled them. Great stuff.

Its evident Can needs to be out of the Main xi. Like you said mate the 6 worked like great orchestrated music. Its was awesome to watch. Just the type of footy we all have been missing so badly.

just need an aggressive goalie at the back... bring in Scheimchel.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:39 am

:laugh:  :laugh: Thommo missed both goals whilst turning round to see who was booing....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:04 am

Reg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:39 am wrote::laugh:  :laugh: Thommo missed both goals whilst turning round to see who was booing....

:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:45 am

On MOTD last night it mentioned that yesterday's game was only the second time in 3 months that Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Lallana had all started.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am

First half we blew Spurs away with our best football but as usual fizzled out second half, bit tired and more protective of the lead.

Mane was the difference on the day, a wonderful player and whilst the talk is usually about Couthino leaving Saido must be interesting clubs where money is no object.

Its a good day after a terrible run but I doubt any reds are getting carried away.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:00 pm

parchpea » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:41 am wrote:First half we blew Spurs away with our best football but as usual fizzled out second half, bit tired and more protective of the lead.

Mane was the difference on the day, a wonderful player and whilst the talk is usually about Couthino leaving Saido must be interesting clubs where money is no object.

Its a good day after a terrible run but I doubt any reds are getting carried away.

I think the second half being a bit of a damp squib was by design myself, a few players have mentioned how pleased they were with our game management and I think lessons have learned from the likes of the Bournemouth debacle where we somehow managed to blow 3 points from a winning position.
In the past we would have kept pushing and pushing for a 3rd and 4th and possibly left ourselves vulnerable to a counter but now I think once we've got a comfortable cushion we will try to close the game down Chelsea style i.e turn it into a non event.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Fantastic result.  Let's hope this is the turning point. B :buttrock
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Loved the football in the first half, but I'm more happier with our second half display in 'very successfully' nullifying a Spurs attack that has been extremely efficient in putting some very good teams to the proverbial sword. The pressing returned,  Mane was just exceptional,  couple that with Wjinaldum giving a fine impression of Didi Hamann in his pomp and Firmino picking more pockets than Jack Wild and how could we fail.

In all seriousness the manager took Pochettino and his tactics (which incidentally have been quite productive of late) to the cleaners, Liverpool returned to quick pacy intelligent football direct through the middle, we gave Clyne and Milner a welcome break from bringing all  the play from the wings and the Kop in unison found their voice again! Henderson was brilliant controlling the middle and Lucas struck up a very good understanding with Matip and mopped up accordingly and Mignolet caught everything and punched nothing.

Brilliant result, but the sad thing is its  never really in doubt when the occasion demands it  ???  Leicester next so lets hope the manager can raise the dead again !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:47 am

Amazing performance, dominant, solid defence, fluid and creative attack with finishing ability...too bad that will not be the team that rocks up to the next match if our normal trend continues! Prove me wrong LFC!!

I'm not getting too excited only to be shattered the next game.
killerp

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:56 am

the Leicester team despite being champions are on a free fall and we should turn them over convincingly but this is LFC and nothing ever goes to plan.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Reg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:39 am wrote::laugh:  :laugh: Thommo missed both goals whilst turning round to see who was booing....

Didnt have to Reginald, the gobsh'ites dont boo when were winning.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:11 pm

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games