Liverpool V Stoke - Lge Cup Semi Leg 2 Tue 26th Jan 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:56 am

Right, after the roller coaster that was the Norwich match we must go all out for the win here in this match, carrying a slender 1 nil lead means very little when we are currently playing the game of "you score 4 we will score 5" to win a match

We must be very solid against Stoke, they are a really dangerous team and they will smell blood against us with our problems at the back

We simply have to win this match, win this match and we are into the final of the League Cup, top 4 does not look like happening, but if we can get to the final of this cup and then fate is in our own hands

I think this match would be too soon for Lovren and obvioulsy Coutinho / Sturridge etc... won't be back

We need to go with the ever improving Firmino up top and i would be VERY tempted to bring in Brad Smith for Moreno

Must win game

EDIT: When i have started a match thread in 2016 we have never lost  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:17 pm

C-R » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:56 am wrote:Image

i would be VERY tempted to bring in Brad Smith for Moreno

EDIT: When i have started a match thread in 2016 we have never lost  :nod

If fit enough Flanno can also play at LB

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Yes good point Woof, Flanno or Smith i don't mind tbh, both good players, just feel Smith has momentum with him at the moment
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Not sure Flanno is fit enough for a full 90mins against Stoke. Smith might be a shout...would also like to see Ojo get a game.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:18 pm

If Mark Hughes was prevaricating about wether to go with the likes Crouch and Walters or not then I think our game against Norwich probably made his mind up for him.
Its actually becoming comical how bad we are at defending crosses.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Mig

Clyne  Tourè  Sakhò  Smith

Allen  Hendo
   Ojo                Milner
           Lallana

Firmino

I would like to see a line up somewhere along those lines.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:48 pm

Mignolet

Clyne
Toure
Sakho
Moreno (I wouldn't drop him - Stoke need to come at us and score, he's one of our best on the break - more chances created than any other PL defender this season despite his defensive frailties)

Allen
Henderson
Milner (Lucas was treading water v Norwich and Can was woeful.  Not much between the 5, I think these 3 are in the best current form)

Ibe
Lallana
Firmino

Benteke off the bench and I'd like to see Flanno involved at some point.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:18 am

Anyone think caulker is worth a start to give Toure or Sahko a rest?  i have no idea what to expect from him but better find out in a cup match than dropping points in the league.
killerp

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Is he eligible for the league cup for us?

Did he not play against us when we beat Southampton 6-1 in an earlier round? I think he did.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 pm

JC_81 is correct

LIVERPOOL loan signing Steven Caulker is not eligible to play in the Capital One Cup semi-final second leg against Stoke City.

The centre-back, who has been brought in to ease an injury problem at Anfield, is cup-tied after playing in Southampton's 6-1 defeat to Liverpool in the quarter-finals.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Ah ok, cheers.
killerp

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Injury update....

Dejan Lovren is back in full training and could be available for this match squad, Flanno and Clyne injured,  Klopp adds"If nothing happens in the next 24hrs with Kolo and Mama they will probably play again. Dejan has been out for 3 weeks, Flanagan had a knock on the knee. He is a tough boy but I think we should leave him out of training today, Clyne is a doubt v Stoke, He won't train today after taking a bang on the knee v Norwich."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:12 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Has to be strongest side out for this. 2 wins away from a cup that would do wonders for our confidence.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:33 pm

City boss challenges his players to make history at Anfield on Tuesday evening...

MARK HUGHES has told his players to seize the opportunity and secure a spot in next month’s showpiece Capital One Cup Final.

Jordan Ibe’s goal was enough to claim Liverpool a 1-0 victory in the first-leg at the Britannia Stadium earlier this month and give them the upper hand in the tie, which draws to its conclusion at Anfield tomorrow evening.

The Welshman admits that the do or die situation facing his side presents them with a relatively uncomplicated approach to the encounter - one that he feels could give them the advantage.

“It’s an incredibly straightforward situation from our point of view - we need to go there and win the game - it’s that simple,” he said at Monday’s pre-match press conference.

“We aren’t in the situation we were hoping to be in after the first leg, but that is behind us now and we are still well in the tie, so there is plenty to play for on the night.

“We will go there and really give it a go. We will have a big following behind us and we want to make it a night to remember for them.

“As a player you always remember cup finals and semi-finals because of the excitement and the atmosphere, so I will be telling the guys to embrace the occasion on Tuesday.

“We want to try and win a trophy moving forward. It's important, I feel, to compete in the latter stages of these type of competitions and to do well in the league, which we are doing.

“Hopefully come 10pm tomorrow night we will be in the final of the League Cup for the first time in 40-odd years - that is something I will be reminding the players of that before kick-off.”

I don't think anyone's foolish enough to believe Stoke are  not going to be chomping at the bit to show their real quality at Anfield ,and Hughes in particular will be relishing the opportunity to silence the Kop. 

We have to fire from the off  tomorrow and keep Stoke on the back foot ,if we get an early goal then we can quell the nerves just enough to play our own football without fretting about Stokes.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games