LIVERPOOL V Southampton Sun 7th May 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sun May 07, 2017 4:51 pm

C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 3:14 pm wrote:If we had a fully fit Sturridge (not the imitation out there today), Henderson and Mane (also missing Coutinho and Lallana for long periods) do you really think we would have failed to beat Bournemouth, Palace and today Southampton ?? Hell no is the answer, in fact we would be sitting pretty in 3rd clear of City with 2 games left

It all points to lack of strength in depth, no signings in January was a big mistake and I must agree with some posters above me that JK has waited far too long to make substitutions

it doesn't matter Who is injured and who we didn't sign it does matter that we had better options on the bench and choose to use them for only 25 minutes when the energy level of the whole team was already gone.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 4:53 pm

only me » Sun May 07, 2017 4:51 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 3:14 pm wrote:If we had a fully fit Sturridge (not the imitation out there today), Henderson and Mane (also missing Coutinho and Lallana for long periods) do you really think we would have failed to beat Bournemouth, Palace and today Southampton ?? Hell no is the answer, in fact we would be sitting pretty in 3rd clear of City with 2 games left

It all points to lack of strength in depth, no signings in January was a big mistake and I must agree with some posters above me that JK has waited far too long to make substitutions

it doesn't matter Who is injured and who we didn't sign it does matter that we had better options on the bench and choose to use them for only 25 minutes when the energy level of the whole team was already gone.

yeh that was part of my point mate I must agree with some posters above me that JK has waited far too long to make substitutions
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 5:00 pm

post match press conference if anybody is interested
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks for that mate
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm

your very welcome mate  :;):
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 07, 2017 5:55 pm

I think for me what epitomized this team was albeit from the diminutive Coutinho no other player remonstrated with that c*nt of a keeper's intimidating treatment of Milner, I mean surely the referee should have intervened when Forster was clearly seen verbally goading Milner. The likes of Gerrard would have been all over the referee like a f*cking rash in protestation, there's just no backbone in this team they're all too feeble when it comes to the battle.

As for the rest of the game, I will never understand how a player who when he's included gives us 70 (80 plus if we're extremely unlucky) disjointed hapless minutes in front of goal because he can't do the simple things like trap a ball and find a player with a pass  ???

We had a real opportunity earlier to start the game like our lives depended on it and we played the game at a snail's pace, slow turgid and easily read, Can was awful, Wjinaldum unusually sluggish and Lovren was doing his level best to ensure Matip and Clyne done twice the work cleaning up his brain farts.

Grujic's superb header could have won it for us and having him available at set pieces could have made a huge difference in terms of points this season, also having a pacey and talented player like Woodburn to spin off defenders would have freed up space for our two Brazilians, but no we go with a player who in my opinion has had 4 games too many in a red shirt.

I agree the manager got the line up wrong, but if even 10% of that team showed the same passion as he does on the touchline it would be enough to carry us through, the lack of urgency ifrom those players  in that first half was embarrassing and frankly shameful.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 07, 2017 6:37 pm

The lads are playing like they don't care about Champions league footy. Its like they are moving elsewhere next season and not too concerned.

To be honest we could easily throw this away in our last two games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun May 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Well that was fkg awful !! I'm really struggling to understand whats going on inside Klopp's head? Just what the fk is he seeing in Origi that the rest of us can't? Klopp is paid £7.5m and  honestly expect better. For weeks he has gone with the same shight awful team. The midfield is the worst I have seen in years. The lack of creation is woeful.

We seem determined to get 6th place  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 pm

devaney » Sun May 07, 2017 7:04 pm wrote:Well that was fkg awful !! I'm really struggling to understand whats going on inside Klopp's head? Just what the fk is he seeing in Origi that the rest of us can't? Klopp is paid £7.5m and  honestly expect better. For weeks he has gone with the same shight awful team. The midfield is the worst I have seen in years. The lack of creation is woeful.

We seem determined to get 6th place  :(

I think a lot of it comes down to fitness. Sturridge isn't 100%, neither is Lallana.

I'm assuming Sturridge will be sold (so we need him fit for that) and Klopp doesn't want to risk injuring Lallana again. i think the latter will start the next game, but fully expect Danny to play a bit part, before leaving in the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun May 07, 2017 10:59 pm

A lot of over-reaction here against Klopp at the moment, IMO.

Do we know if Sturridge was fit enough to start today? Was Lallana fit to start? If Klopp could not bet on them playing 60 minutes, IMO it's fair for him to think that Origi and Lucas would do just fine.

As for all those slagging off Lucas: I thought he played just fine and was possibly the most adventurous among our midfielders in his passing. He was fast to pass it and also sent a lot of quick long passes out wide to Milner or Origi to make things happen. At least he wasn't dawdling on the ball like Coutinho and Can who, oh my gosh, played as if they expected Matip to play in good passes into the box.

Clyne and Milner just didn't do a great job today. Firmino was totally absent. The players wanted it, but when you want it against a 10-man defense, all that desire can soon turn into massive frustration.

My only gripe with Klopp is tactics: we never seem to have a plan B. Why don't we try to win corners for a change instead of always trying to play centrally through the midfield? We were pretty successful with them in the early part of the season...
kartiek

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 07, 2017 11:38 pm

We looked like a team that has nothing to play for yet again. I don't go for the whole burnt out thing either as we only had 1 game a week for the last 6 - 8 weeks and I don't really care about the fitness of Lallana or Sturridge as there was only 3 games left before today so if they were anyway fit they should have started. The pace we are playing at is so boring to watch and all about holding possession. Up front I agree we hit a defensive wall but the pace at which we play at makes it easy for teams to play like that.
Again a few nothing performances from a few usual players but was happy to see Grujic get a few minutes again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:08 am

Grujic should have played from the start instead of Lucas. The world and his mother knew how So'ton would set up. And you're never in a million years gonna get ANY f'kin creativity from Lucas to pick them open with a pass. Never mind the fact that Origi is just clueless.
Really don't know if it was possible or not, but we have young fellas on underage teams who from what I have read would have given infinitely more than Origi. Not sure if they could simply be dropped on at this stage of the season. Even Sturridge starting the last two games, even if he got injured or had to come off, is a better option than Origi.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby algymoon » Mon May 08, 2017 10:19 am

I didn't watch the game, however, what I have read about it being a dull game LFC incapable of breaking them down, the players are completely drained due to the nutcase training regime and dull management, weird team selections and tactics, the outcome will be below the top four!, I would expect them to get one point or none out of the remaining two games left for this season.. Next season and at this same time we will be discussing the exact topic, as long as this nutcase will be in charge! Will be no change

DREAM ON
algymoon

Postby devaney » Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 am

Well at least the resident fukwit admitted that he didn't watch the game !! Nothing unusual there then  :censored:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 08, 2017 3:47 pm

algymoon » Mon May 08, 2017 9:19 am wrote:I didn't watch the game, however, what I have read about it being a dull game LFC incapable of breaking them down, the players are completely drained due to the nutcase training regime and dull management, weird team selections and tactics, the outcome will be below the top four!, I would expect them to get one point or none out of the remaining two games left for this season.. Next season and at this same time we will be discussing the exact topic, as long as this nutcase will be in charge! Will be no change

DREAM ON

Hahaha. I want Algy to replace Klopp as manager  :bowdown
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games