LIVERPOOL V Southampton Sun 7th May 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Sturridge ahead of Origi for me now. Origi looks a confidence player. When he is on it, he is on it but at the moment he is giving us nothing.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 07, 2017 3:36 pm

C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 2:26 pm wrote:I will grab the popcorn and wait patiently for Algy Moon

That will cheer me up. I wonder how many times the word "nutcase" will be repeated in his post?  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Typical us! Its becoming torture watching us play. We've got Westham next and the way we are playing i think we will lose.
The only way we will score is a super goal like last week.

Lets just hope Arsenal beat Mancs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 3:39 pm

JC_81 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:27 pm wrote:This team has run out of gas big time.

Limping to the end of the season.

That said the team selection and late substitutions were scandalous. Klopp has to surely shoulder some blame for today.

Origi was shocking. Sturridge made instant difference. No need for lucas in this game, Lallana should have started.

Yeah our tank is just about empty, let's face it we would have dropped points to a poor Watford team last week only for a freakish goal of the season contender.
I think Southampton's recent record against us deffo played on Klopp's mind, I think he was wary to go for it in case they hit us with another sucker punch and to be fair but for an overhit pass when they had a 2 on 1 the result could have been even worse.
He should have changed things earlier but to be fair there is no guarantee that would have changed anything, Lallana was very sloppy in possession when he came on.
Once again we need other teams to do us a favour but you get the sense that sooner or later they are going to stop bailing us out of the shyte.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:40 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 07, 2017 2:36 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 2:26 pm wrote:I will grab the popcorn and wait patiently for Algy Moon

That will cheer me up. I wonder how many times the word "nutcase" will be repeated in his post?  :D

Actually find his incoherent rants quite funny  :D
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun May 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Only way we will get top 4 is if Mancs keep dropping points.

Btw fun stat - We have not scored against Southampton this season in 4 games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun May 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Damn it we, Man U and Arsenal and fighting it out to NOT qualify for CL
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 07, 2017 2:36 pm wrote:

He's a c0ck and his tedious repetitive ramblings make me angrier than Liverpool's inane, uninspiring performances.
I can't understand how we're still clinging on to 4th place.
Something big needs to happen in the team this summer. I just hope it's players coming in and not leaving.
Last edited by Soupyzrx on Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 2:39 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:27 pm wrote:This team has run out of gas big time.

Limping to the end of the season.

That said the team selection and late substitutions were scandalous. Klopp has to surely shoulder some blame for today.

Origi was shocking. Sturridge made instant difference. No need for lucas in this game, Lallana should have started.

Yeah our tank is just about empty, let's face it we would have dropped points to a poor Watford team last week only for a freakish goal of the season contender.
I think Southampton's recent record against us deffo played on Klopp's mind, I think he was wary to go for it in case they hit us with another sucker punch and to be fair but for an overhit pass when they had a 2 on 1 the result could have been even worse.
He should have changed things earlier but to be fair there is no guarantee that would have changed anything, Lallana was very sloppy in possession when he came on.
Once again we need other teams to do us a favour but you get the sense that sooner or later they are going to stop bailing us out of the shyte.

Think we will just about fall over the line to be honest but getting that auto qualification 3rd spot off City is going to be a tough one. Don't really fancy having to play a qualifier in August to get CL (although obviously better than not coming 4th) what with with the teams that we could potentially get. Also players will hold of signing for us until they know we are definitely in the CL, which is another problem
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Grujic, Lallana and Sturridge should start every single one if our last 3 games now at the expense of Lucas, Wijnaldum and Origi.

Milner has been abject for weeks an whilst hes arguably a better defender than Moreno going forward there is no comparision.

A change in tactics wouldn't be a bad idea either just mix it up we are far too predictable.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Klopp takes the blame for this one, terrible terrible team selection, Lucas had no business playing in a game of this nature, Origi has been awful for months yet gets another start despite having a far superior striker on the bench? None of it made any sense and we got exactly what we deserved
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 3:50 pm

We don't do run in's anymore do we? In our heyday we were the absolute masters of coming on strong down the home straight but in recent years we've blown League titles, Europa League finals and CL places by falling at the final hurdle.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 07, 2017 4:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 2:50 pm wrote:We don't do run in's anymore do we? In our heyday we were the absolute masters of coming on strong down the home straight but in recent years we've blown League titles, Europa League finals and CL places by falling at the final hurdle.

Fair point. I do worry Klopp has a 'one size fits all' approach' with his football and isn't able to vary things up a bit. It's great when it comes off with exceptional results but during the course of season he won't be pulling it off with a 100% success rate so needs to mix things up
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 4:12 pm

That midfield of Can, Lucas and Wijnaldum is okay if you want to go away from home and keep things tight but it's just not creative enough to start a must win game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun May 07, 2017 4:14 pm

If we had a fully fit Sturridge (not the imitation out there today), Henderson and Mane (also missing Coutinho and Lallana for long periods) do you really think we would have failed to beat Bournemouth, Palace and today Southampton ?? Hell no is the answer, in fact we would be sitting pretty in 3rd clear of City with 2 games left

It all points to lack of strength in depth, no signings in January was a big mistake and I must agree with some posters above me that JK has waited far too long to make substitutions
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games