Liverpool v Southampton 25th Oct - KO: 16:15 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:22 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:18 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:14 pm wrote:Very disappointing to throw away 2 points at the end there, Jurgen has definately got a massive job on his hands.

World class manager surrounded by overpriced dross.

Yep, we can't blame this manager for other people's mistakes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:23 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:12 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:Can't buy a win...

So are we better off than under Rodgers now?

Same team, slightly better performances, but effectively the same results.

However, Klopp will be working out why this isn't working, rather than Bodger's blind optimism. This season is going to be full of ups and downs, but slowly we'll improve.

Spot on. Klopp was never going to change thing's overnight.  His style of play requires a lot of work on the training pitch and players with a particular profile.  As mentioned, we will have up and downs this season but as it goes on will start seeing improvement in preparation for next season when he has the summer to move on those that don't fit in with his plans and bring in the players he wants
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Problem right now is less with defending but our ability to create real chances at goal...Our buildup has been appalling can't complete meaningful passes on the dangerous areas and a lot of players just look to lack technical skills...Lucas Milner and Can are showing zero technical ability it's all grind run and kick...it's too much.

Our main weakness remains the same for years now a DM which can also create or move the ball forward. Lucas can't attack Can can't defend and we have 2 positions with uncompleted players. ..It's too much.

Klopp is in a bind as the only thing that works is Benteke monsterous presence in the box but this isnt Klopps style..He will need to replace a ton of players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:32 pm

I felt that once ahead, we fell into the 'ol BR nightmare scenario. SM playing it short from the back in positions players didn't want to receive the ball.
In the end, we invited the pressure rather than soaking it up.
Good 'ol fashion hoof ball to the big man at top (who was on fire) would of saw this one through.
Klopp still unbeaten with half the team out with injuries

Nothing better now than to tan Maureen's backside in front of his own B!tches. Would be a great place for Klopp to get his first Prem win   :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Lucas, Milner and Can all workhorses really. Milner can get decent crosses in but for me it is Coutinho and Lallana who need to step up. I've always said Coutinho has a few purple patches in a season where everyone raves about him but he goes missing far too much in a season.

Lallana has never really got going, fits and starts really.

Stil think we need a pacey option behind the striker to open things up. Sometimes we look a bit too easy to defend against with no real pace behind the striker to stretch things
Doeboy

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:38 pm

only me » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:27 pm wrote:Problem right now is less with defending but our ability to create real chances at goal...Our buildup has been appalling can't complete meaningful passes on the dangerous areas and a lot of players just look to lack technical skills...Lucas Milner and Can are showing zero technical ability it's all grind run and kick...it's too much.

Our main weakness remains the same for years now a DM which can also create or move the ball forward. Lucas can't attack Can can't defend and we have 2 positions with uncompleted players. ..It's too much.

Klopp is in a bind as the only thing that works is Benteke monsterous presence in the box but this isnt Klopps style..He will need to replace a ton of players.

This is why his appointment had to be made so early in the season to put a major re-build program in place. Although I don't think Klopp will do a seven out seven in routine like whatshisname.
Quality not quantity I believe Klopp will do starting in January.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Doeboy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm wrote:Lucas, Milner and Can all workhorses really. Milner can get decent crosses in but for me it is Coutinho and Lallana who need to step up. I've always said Coutinho has a few purple patches in a season where everyone raves about him but he goes missing far too much in a season.

Lallana has never really got going, fits and starts really.

Stil think we need a pacey option behind the striker to open things up. Sometimes we look a bit too easy to defend against with no real pace behind the striker to stretch things

I think the boy (Lallana) is hugely overrated like J Allen.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:41 pm

I maintained last season when Stevie wasn't playing well that he still remained a massive influence on the pitch, in the dressing room and during training. There are many reasons why we haven't won a game in the last welve and missing Gerrard is certainly one of the biggest. Henderson is a low rate replacement and Milner is simply not up to the job. Milner today gives away a stupid free kick and then compounds his mistake with some awful defending thta lead to Southampton's goal. I know he played a good ball in for Benteke's goal but just what else of note did he do.Coutinho ls going through a lousy spell. Lallana is just lousy. Firmino at £29m needs to reall shape up because he looks shight !! Actually thought that defensively we looked better. Midfield though lacks any sort of creation. Two shots on goal is pathetic to be frank.

I really thought that a new manager could get a lot more out of this group of players but so far that has not been the case. Injuries are clearly playing a big part but one thing is for sure JK has got his hands full with this motley crew !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:43 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:38 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:27 pm wrote:Problem right now is less with defending but our ability to create real chances at goal...Our buildup has been appalling can't complete meaningful passes on the dangerous areas and a lot of players just look to lack technical skills...Lucas Milner and Can are showing zero technical ability it's all grind run and kick...it's too much.

This is why his appointment had to be made so early in the season to put a major re-build program in place. Although I don't think Klopp will do a seven out seven in routine like whatshisname.
Quality not quantity I believe Klopp will do starting in January.

It's never good to start a new job in the middle of a season, but at least it gives Klopp time to evaluate the squad quickly. I'm sure he's gutted we didn't win and will be talking to his backroom team about what went wrong and how we can move on from here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:43 pm

I think were cursed. I was hoping we cling onto the win. Such a shame......
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:48 pm

maguskwt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:Can't buy a win...

So are we better off than under Rodgers now?

Yes we will be. This is just an example of why we should change manger during the summer so that the new manager has a chance to make an immediate impact on the team.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:51 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:41 pm wrote:I maintained last season when Stevie wasn't playing well that he still remained a massive influence on the pitch, in the dressing room and during training. There are many reasons why we haven't won a game in the last welve and missing Gerrard is certainly one of the biggest. Henderson is a low rate replacement and Milner is simply not up to the job. Milner today gives away a stupid free kick and then compounds his mistake with some awful defending thta lead to Southampton's goal. I know he played a good ball in for Benteke's goal but just what else of note did he do.Coutinho ls going through a lousy spell. Lallana is just lousy. Firmino at £29m needs to reall shape up because he looks shight !! Actually thought that defensively we looked better. Midfield though lacks any sort of creation. Two shots on goal is pathetic to be frank.

I really thought that a new manager could get a lot more out of this group of players but so far that has not been the case. Injuries are clearly playing a big part but one thing is for sure JK has got his hands full with this motley crew !!

To be fair when Gerrard was there we were getting battered by all and sundry, it has been a privilege to watch Steven play over the years but as a top flight footballer he was done. No one escapes the effects of Father Time, not Maradona, not Cruyff, not Zidane....not even Steven Gerrard.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Gutted by the result, thought we were well worthy of a win.

Lack of quality up front has cost us once again.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:22 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:14 pm wrote:Gutted by the result, thought we were well worthy of a win.

Lack of quality up front has cost us once again.   :(

Lack of quality all over.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Just very dissapointed here, just airing my thoughts so i don't take out my mood on anyone at home

Nothing against Klopp, of course not, he has only been here 5 minutes

He is working with Rodgers squad

If you pick through our squad 1 by 1 and try and pick out players that are genuinely good enough for a top 3 side there really are not that many

That goal we conceded, the sky pundits blamed Milner for not tracking Mane, but regardless of that a more dominant keeper would have had the ball cleared prior to that anyway

Mignolet has pulled off some great saves as a shot stopper lately but i just don't think he is good enough and needs replacing

Sakho for me is captain material and we should be building the defensive unit around him

Benteke looks a goal scorer, he was bought to do that and he is doing that when fit

Coutinho on current showing would get nowhere near that Barcelona team

Struggling for positives here
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games