Liverpool V Sevilla - Europa League Final - Wed May 18th

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sun May 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Liverpool V Sevilla - Europa League Final - Wed 18th May Kick Off 7.45pm

Jurgen Klopp discusses the Europa League Final in this video

This match is the one we have all been waiting for, arguably our biggest match for quite a few years now, the players will be well drilled, the players must be ready, if they are not ready for this one then they will never be ready

In the press conference above JK has stated that both Henderson and Origi are in contention for a place in the squad, however that said I am looking at a starting eleven of...

Mignolet
Clyne
Toure
Lovren
Moreno
Can
Milner
Lallana
Coutinho
Firmino
Sturridge

Subs...

Bogdan
Skrtel
Origi
Lucas
Allen
Henderson
Benteke

Sevilla have won this the past 2 seasons and may just be slight favourites, however if we click like we know we can (Villareal, Dormund, Scum, City, Cheslea etc....) we are more than a match for anyone

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that if all our players play to their full potential and to their limits we WILL turn these over, win the trophy and claim a Champions League place

My prediction is that we will win by a couple of goals, but I also feel we will conceed, I am going for a 4-2 or 3-1 victory

The time is now, come on red men, bring the trophy home  :buttrock  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 15, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm not going to lie, I've got Istanbul butterflies in my stomach over this one. Huge game and could have a huge impact on our summer....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Can't wait for this one. Its goi4to be tough but i think will win. I'll go 3-1 to us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 15, 2016 9:49 pm

My only concern is that we aren't carrying much momentum into this game after 3 or 4 league games which have basically been nothing more than glorified practice matches but apparently Seville have been resting players themselves for a while now too. I just hope we turn up on the night, if we bring our A game I think we will have too much for them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 16, 2016 6:39 pm

I have not really watched Sevilla play. Anyone know what their style is like? Are they a stubborn  defensive/counter team like Villareal or quick footy Dortmund?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 6:52 pm

redshade » Mon May 16, 2016 6:39 pm wrote:I have not really watched Sevilla play. Anyone know what their style is like? Are they a stubborn  defensive/counter team like Villareal or quick footy Dortmund?

They soak up and hit you on the break, classic counter attack, I have watched their last few games and tbh they have not been that impressive, but saying that they were probably saving themselves for us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 7:01 pm

The lads getting off the plane in Basel

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Cut off the supply to  Banega and we stop Sevilla ,he's that important to them, if we allow him the time on the ball to pick a pass he could hurt us. Gameiro ,Llorente, and
Konoplyanka will give us enough problems without affording Banega the room to drop precise balls over our backline.

Hard game ,but Villareal were a far more compact unit and imo a more dangerous opponent , so our game if on blob should be more than enough to bring that cup home.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 16, 2016 8:41 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 16, 2016 6:39 pm wrote:Cut off the supply to  Banega and we stop Sevilla ,he's that important to them, if we allow him the time on the ball to pick a pass he could hurt us. Gameiro ,Llorente, and
Konoplyanka will give us enough problems without affording Banega the room to drop precise balls over our backline.

Hard game ,but Villareal were a far more compact unit and imo a more dangerous opponent , so our game if on blob should be more than enough to bring that cup home.

To be fair you've mentioned some decent players there mate, Konoplyanka on his day can be a right handful and Llorente is the Spanish Andy Carroll so we'll have to keep an eye on him given the way we defend crosses.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 9:15 pm

These are the confirmed players that travelled to Basel today.....

Mignolet, Ward, George, Randall, Clyne, Lovren, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Smith, Can, Milner, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Ojo, Lallana, Ibe, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi, Sturridge, Benteke.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon May 16, 2016 11:54 pm

Personally can't wait for Thursday morning to come around.

Awful kick-off time for me, 4.45am, but I don't really care this final is the sort of game that will define us for the next few years.

With Coutinho, Firmino, Origi and Sturridge in our squad I'm pretty sure we will score.

I'm more concerned on their players and manager though, RBG has already mentioned Banega, Konoplyanka, Llorente and Gameiro and how our defense will cope with them.

Emery is a top manager and Klopp will have his work cut out for him on the sidelines.

We never do things easy so this isn't going to be like the 2nd leg of the Villareal game, I'm expecting another Istanbul all over again. 

C'MON YOU REDMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue May 17, 2016 1:18 am

Key player for Liverpool -   Emre Can.

Me and my sons will be watching the kick off at 02:45hs.. the lads have school in the morning... Mum's protests have been swept aside.

Come on Reds lets take these orange munchers !   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 am

eds » Mon May 16, 2016 10:54 pm wrote:Awful kick-off time for me, 4.45am....

I'm in the same boat but special occasions like this calls for a mandatory sick day.

I wonder if the game will unfold like a typical Liverpool final, utter ***** start, go behind, then come back in a god almighty break neck finish to just get over the line with penalties.
killerp

Postby devaney » Tue May 17, 2016 8:15 am

Origi or Sturridge? I'm struggling with this. Danny is perhaps more clinical. Divvy works harder.

Henderson or Milner? Milner for me.  On no account play both of them!  I believe that Henderson has struggled with the captains armband and the pressure has affected his game.  Milner has been quite useful since Henderson's injury and I have to say that I think we are a better team without Henderson playing.

Sevilla have had an easier run to the final and they have been no great shakes in La Liga. Having said that it is a cup final and literally anything can happen. If we play our best pressing game we should be too strong for them - I HOPE !!

COYR
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 17, 2016 8:29 am

I'd play Origi for the first half then Studge for the 2nd, they first goal is the guy and Origi has been superb of late.

Playing Milner is a no brainer, Hendo is unfit and lost his place until proven otherwise.

JK's been watching them in training so who am I to say...

A colleague told me that Sevilla haven't won a single away game in La Liga this season!  :eyebrow
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games