Liverpool V Sevilla - Europa League Final - Wed May 18th

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Thu May 19, 2016 6:24 pm

I think Liverpool is as much a challenge for Klopp as any player, it would be folly to think he has all the answers as he clearly doesnt, he came here for one of if not the hardest challenge in football, restoring Liverpool to the top of football.

If you take a positive from a negative Klopp knows hes fallible and this is a lesson learned for him but I am confident he will now be more driven than ever to get it right here, had we won then maybe part of him thinks its easy and all the hype is true.

Please dont take it wrong but I think as fans we are some of the worst for over reaction and in some ways I think we all thought we only needed to turn up in Basel, we build it up bigger than the team can deal with on the field.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri May 20, 2016 12:06 am

I think a lot of us over-reacted with the post game analysis but to be honest we are all really hurting after an evenly matched cup final didn't go our way.

If anything the criticism of "we only needed to turn up in Basel" is more pertinent to Klopp and the players who completely forgot who their opponents were in the 2nd half.

Emery made some minor adjustments, we conceded an awful 1st goal and from there we went to pieces because Klopp got it completely wrong and most of our players didn't understand what it takes to win a major trophy. But the Sevilla players do and that is what they exploited.

Klopp not only needs to reshape the squad quickly but address what plan b is when our opposition have all the momentum. I hope to see some leaders come in over the summer, or at least someone who can pick us up when the going gets tough.

What's done is done though.

Roll on the Euros and Copa America Centenario. A fantastic feast of international football ahead.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Fri May 20, 2016 8:51 am

I know you are trying to be positive Yakka but failing so miserably in the final and being out of Europe next season holds absolutely no positives for me. Sorry mate.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri May 20, 2016 9:09 am

eds » Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 pm wrote:I think a lot of us over-reacted with the post game analysis but to be honest we are all really hurting after an evenly matched cup final didn't go our way.

If anything the criticism of "we only needed to turn up in Basel" is more pertinent to Klopp and the players who completely forgot who their opponents were in the 2nd half.

Emery made some minor adjustments, we conceded an awful 1st goal and from there we went to pieces because Klopp got it completely wrong and most of our players didn't understand what it takes to win a major trophy. But the Sevilla players do and that is what they exploited.

Klopp not only needs to reshape the squad quickly but address what plan b is when our opposition have all the momentum. I hope to see some leaders come in over the summer, or at least someone who can pick us up when the going gets tough.

What's done is done though.

Roll on the Euros and Copa America Centenario. A fantastic feast of international football ahead.

Leaders thats what it's all about. we don't have ONE leader in the group.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Fri May 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Best leader was sat on the bench...Lucas should have played from the start and been given the captains armband months ago...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Fri May 20, 2016 3:00 pm

supersub » Fri May 20, 2016 1:23 pm wrote:Best leader was sat on the bench...Lucas should have played from the start and been given the captains armband months ago...

Lucas doesn't have the quality and the talent to be a leader. A leader must have the mental character as well as the ability to actually change the course of play. Stevie as a perfect example.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 pm

supersub » Fri May 20, 2016 1:23 pm wrote:Best leader was sat on the bench...Lucas should have played from the start and been given the captains armband months ago...

Ditto
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat May 21, 2016 11:51 am

only me » Fri May 20, 2016 2:00 pm wrote:

Lucas doesn't have the quality and the talent to be a leader. A leader must have the mental character as well as the ability to actually change the course of play. Stevie as a perfect example.

your ignorance is complete :wwww
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sun May 22, 2016 12:55 pm

supersub » Sat May 21, 2016 10:51 am wrote:
only me » Fri May 20, 2016 2:00 pm wrote:

your ignorance is complete :wwww

I hope not complete as Lucas  technical skills.....Clueless....Lucas is the mirror image of Liverpool mediocrity and condition...Yes lets give him  Captain...
only me
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games