Liverpool v Rubin Kazan Thursday, 22 October, 20:05 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:32 pm

A very frustrating evening to say the least. I think we only created a couple of clear cut chances. Lacked quality in the box, poor movement.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:34 pm

parchpea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:32 pm wrote:If Klopp didnt know the size of the job here he does now, and I honestly dont think even he could comprehend how a football club can spend 300m not including huge salaries and get it so catastrophically wrong.

He wont sleep tonight on the back of that, all the hype brought crashing to earth by a performance bereft of anything at all, not a single positive.

I know the Kop love Sakho and wax lyrical about Can but two bang average footballers there amongst many, even Couthino has shot his bolt.

Unless Sturridge can turn into Suarez we are well and truly stuffed and sweeping change required, starting in January.

:no

Benteke and Firminho did open them up a bit compared to the rest.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:36 pm

Doeboy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 pm wrote:Coutinho has gone off the boil. Is the one that makes us tick. However I've said it before and I'll say it again, he has purple patches in a season where everyone is raving about him but for me,  he has far too many games where he just doesn't turn up. I know he is still young but really want to see some consistency

To be fair the same was being said about Ronaldinho when he was Coutinho's age at PSG. It's tough for flair players, they are expected to do something magical every time they step on to a footy pitch and it's just not possible.
Imo it's midfield where we lack quality, stick a 25 year old Alonso and Gerrard in this team and you'd have a very good side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:38 pm

I think Coutinho needs to work on his accuracy. Shooting was way off tonight.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Its so frustrating and if this team cant do better than that on a big night like tonight then Klopp will have to live up to all the hype and some to get a tune out of them.

If anyone can do it its him but jesus wept what a wet fart at Anfield tonight.

You just cannot get your head around it, they couldnt even be bothered to run  :down:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Klopp must be thinking BR splashed a lot of money on average players.
Anyhoe its going to take time, not a quick fix.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:57 pm

parchpea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:42 pm wrote:Its so frustrating and if this team cant do better than that on a big night like tonight then Klopp will have to live up to all the hype and some to get a tune out of them.

You just cannot get your head around it, they couldnt even be bothered to run  :down:

Its was many issues mate. Passing moving in the right positions shooting etc.
I feel many of our crosses were poor aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:58 pm

parchpea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:42 pm wrote:Its so frustrating and if this team cant do better than that on a big night like tonight then Klopp will have to live up to all the hype and some to get a tune out of them.

There definately wasn't the same sort intensity tonight that we saw in the first 20 minutes against Spurs, maybe Jurgen told them to take it easy with the weekend in mind or something?
We have seen over the past 12 months though that this particular group of players don't rise to the big occassion, wether it be FA cup semi finals, big head to head clashes with a top 4 place at stake, Steven Gerrards final appearance at Anfield or whatever, when the pressure comes on this lot go into their shells.
It's something Jurgen will have to address.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Klopp had to see it sooner or later and I'm glad that he didn't have to wait too long to see how sh!te our squad is. I think the fact Allen was subbed at half time speaks volumes of.

Let's hope that Klopp starts drawing up his clear out list and realises that we need some qualify players all over the park. However, with Firmino, Benteke and Sturrudge returning from injury, perhaps things won't seem quite so sad on Sunday. Onwards and upwards. The Klopp revolution starts now  :)
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:34 pm

Chelsea will tear us apart a week on Saturday if that's what we serve up.  Allen has not got Brendan to save him now,  he's wide open and very likely to be shipped out. Origi  is just not at all cost and milner was rubbish too.  John Henry looked bemused.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:04 am

only me » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:59 pm wrote:Oh well at least we didn't lose.

How come I feel like we did  ?   :down:

Guess for all of us it's a massive reality check   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:35 am

The guys had 10 days in charge

Give everyone here a break!

We're 2nd in our group.... got rusty players coming back into training this week.  We absolutely controlled that game it's just being more clinical in the final 3rd.

That will come back over the next few weeks.

On another day we could have won 5-1
Kopite-Jud

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:45 am

Kopite-Jud » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:35 am wrote:The guys had 10 days in charge

We're 2nd in our group.... got rusty players coming back into training this week.  We absolutely controlled that game it's just being more clinical in the final 3rd.

:nod  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:29 am

shocking game last night, the team had a total lack of ideas of how to win a game, yes 10 men are hard to break down but we looked LOST.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:31 am

Kopite-Jud » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:35 am wrote:The guys had 10 days in charge

" more clinical in the final 3rd." that's been the problem for the last year, lack of ideas of how to get the ball in the net
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games