Liverpool v Plymouth Sunday 8th Jan 2017 KO 13:30 - BBC

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Bench to try and seal it, been dissappointment from the young lads no getting away from it. If they are to be expected to be used in the first 20 players then its poor really, need proper cover.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:05 pm

parchpea » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:04 pm wrote:Bench to try and seal it, been dissappointment from the young lads no getting away from it. If they are to be expected to be used in the first 20 players then its poor really, need proper cover.

Not seen anything to show why any of them should be in the first 11. And that goes for Moreno and Can too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:15 pm

A replay against these is the last thing we need. Come on lads, we need just one goal against a fckin league 2 side!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Welshwizard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Poor performance this as if they thought they would brush these over like a training session. Reality check most youngsters haven't even broken sweat
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Well that was embarrassing. Think Klopp is going to have to accept that our second 11 isn't anywhere near the required standard.

I've no idea why Lucas and Moreno are still here. Both are - to be blunt - sh!te.

I'd play the kids again in the replay. Make it clear that they're playing for their LFC futures. None of them looked bothered today.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Not sure why JK always seems to wait a little too long to make subs...At the hour mark it was clear he needed to bring in the full cavalry...better 30mins than a full replay.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Absolutely dreadful, pity full effort from whats expected be our next generation of footballers.

You can talk about possession stats but Plymouth where never in any danger, comfortable holding job for them and they deserve a second shot and pay day which at their level is absolutely massive, a fact lost on McManaman who grumbled all afternoon that they shut up shop, embarrassing afternoon for him too.

Washing the grill pan on a Sunday afternoon better than that dross.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

I think a bit of perspective is needed here, that side today was the youngest we've ever fielded in our 125 year history, practically half the team were teenagers and the average age was a shade over 21 (that was with Lucas in the line up as well!)
Over the years I've seen plenty of LFC first XI's go crashing out of cups to lower league opposition so the lads did okay.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Extremely disappointing match and to make it worse we have to do it again  :(  Even though we fielded a reserve side it still should have been enough with the home advantage to make the next round without a replay.
Origi was really poor today and its games like this where he should be stepping up to the plate and letting his 1st team experience count but instead he looked like he was plucked from the Academy yesterday.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Most frustrating thing for me is we played the game at a training games pace.  In these kind of games, you are looking for someone to look to take the chance they have been given but they just appeared to go through the motions for me.

I could kind of understand if Plymouth really dug in and and played a once in a lifetime performance against us and having to deal with a lot of pressure from us but that was nowhere near the case.

I'd send that same team out in the replay and tell them to go out and give it a real go.

More dissapointed at the likea of Origi,  Moreno and Stewart. Can't really have too much of a pop at the  likes of Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria etc as they are so young and need to be realistic
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Would have been better had we avoided a reply. Well i guess same team will get another shot.
We really should have beaten these lot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welshwizard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Spot on doeboy was my exact thoughts but it will be a stern test with all their fans behind them on their own patch. I'm not that bothered really it's a chance for them to shine the young uns but Woodburn he's gona be special he's ready now to play in 1st team. League and league cup is our priority at min
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:07 pm wrote:I think a bit of perspective is needed here, that side today was the youngest we've ever fielded in our 125 year history, practically half the team were teenagers and the average age was a shade over 21 (that was with Lucas in the line up as well!)
Over the years I've seen plenty of LFC first XI's go crashing out of cups to lower league opposition so the lads did okay.

???

:laugh:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm not sure what you were expecting out of them Mikz, a lot of them had only made 3 or 4 appearances in the first team prior to today. The lads did alright, we are still in the hat for the next round.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Eh, this was Plymouth Bleedin' Argyle, lads. If so called squad players - don't care how many first team game they have or have not got under their belts - can't find a way through, then it's a pi$$ poor day at the office.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games