Liverpool V Newcastle - Sat 1st Nov - 12.45pm K.O.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 am

Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:41 am wrote: Last season we were closing the opposition down fast high up the pitch, this season nothing like it, and you certainly don't need LS to close teams down up top. We still have the same players from last season, except LS, one player. 

These 2 sentences alone highlight how little you understand about football son.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:25 am

Lol, b@llocks to you son. What's makes you think you know any more. Yes we have injuries, however we have capable players. I say it as I see it, compared to last season (have you been watching) are you trying to say that because we don't have LS, we can't press high up the pitch?? We needed to continue with the speed of attack similar to last season, this season, what is there? we are slow, devoid of ideas left, right and centre.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:30 am

Lol, b@llocks to you son. What's makes you think you know any more. Yes we have injuries, however we have capable players. I say it as I see it, compared to last season (have you been watching) are you trying to say that because we don't have LS, we can't press high up the pitch?? We needed to continue with the speed of attack similar to last season, this season, what is there? we are slow, devoid of ideas left, right and centre.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:41 am wrote:I have no idea what I witnessed yesterday, but I can tell you that it was devoid of everything I know football to be.  Nobody really knows why BR has decided to change tactics this season, however, we the fans can see that it's not working,  he knows it's not working, yet he's stubborn enough to continue with it, why?  Last season we were closing the opposition down fast high up the pitch, this season nothing like it, and you certainly don't need LS to close teams down up top.  We still have the same players from last season, except LS, one player.

He's also stubborn about not bringing in a defensive coach, something we need.

I've heard that if results don't pick up in the next 3 or 4 games, the Owners will review his position as Coach / Manager.

BR is what stock market people "in-love" with his position (Stock) ,he has a belief that he is so right that things would turn around any day now. Usually people which hold stock like that lose their house ,our manager is risking his job and our season. Learn to let go BR don't cling to things that don't work.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:41 pm

The money we got for Suarez has been totally wasted by BR there's no excuses and after a performance like yesterday's he comes out with more BS. Either sort it out now or do the right thing and admit he's not up to it and resign. Last season was a fluke and while he's in charge we won't see another 2nd place. Or maybe we will 2nd to bottom. I have no respect for people who BS there way through life and this fellas becoming a expert at it. We've had so many set backs in the last 20 odd years I don't think I can put up with another one
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Dundreamin is back » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:41 pm wrote:The money we got for Suarez has been totally wasted by BR there's no excuses and after a performance like yesterday's he comes out with more BS. Either sort it out now or do the right thing and admit he's not up to it and resign. Last season was a fluke and while he's in charge we won't see another 2nd place. Or maybe we will 2nd to bottom. I have no respect for people who BS there way through life and this fellas becoming a expert at it. We've had so many set backs in the last 20 odd years I don't think I can put up with another one

Rodgers does have that 'emperors new clothes' feel to him.10-11 years ago he was working in a Waitrose warehouse and didn't really get anywhere with management until he got to Swansea. Sometimes I feel maybe it's all happened to fast for him. Landed one of the biggest jobs in football, then just missed out on winning the league. After all that, maybe it has made him too over confident. It's obviously good to have self belief but it has to be reigned in when you start being over confident.
Doeboy

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:16 pm

But he still guided us to second place, whisker away from the title and got us playing the best football since the glory days. Can't hide from the fact that he has spunked over a hundred million quid away and his general transfer business is dodgy at best. It's time he shut his gob and let the team do the talking and that starts with more fight and leadership in the side. Lovren for me is the biggest disappointment. Already a year's experience in this league, he doesn't look any better than Skrtel, possibly worse.
sniffy98

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:20 pm

THAT WAS A FKG DISGRACE. THE ENTIRE TEAM SHOULD DONATE THEIR  RIDICULOUSLY HIGH WAGES TO CHARITY. I'm absolutely fkg livid. I've supported Liverpool for nearly 50 years and that was as bad in terms of determination and desire as anything I can remember.

We've spent £117m on a bunch of players that currently look utterly useless. Last season I looked at the bench with despair. Unfortunately nothing has changed. Rodgers also seems clueless on how to get the best out of what we have got.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Devaney I totally agree with you. What gets my back up is the manager and players giving these b.o'clock interviews saying we're going to do this and that, we've turned a corner, were in transition blah blah blah when it's painterly obvious that even Stevie Wonder and Roy Orbison can see that we have not. Another thing is that any future LFC manager ends up 2nd in the premier should resign as the next season the team goes backwards 2003. 2009 and 2013 statistics like that do not lie
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Heres an idea, instead of coming on here and kicking the manager while he's laid on the floor like some kind of internet cyber gangsters, why don't we get behind the team and the manager and try turn it around? Rodgers is good for this club and that's as clear as the c@ck on some of the posters heads! what a bunch of spoilt ar$eholes some of you really are.
Me ? I just love the club and I'll be there rain or shine.
You ? disgust me at times.

Oh and I'll start the next match thread you useless bell ends.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:15 pm

oh and Dundreamin...  Roy Orbison wore the dark glasses for an image not cos he was blind you plank. Made me chuckle though
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:45 am

Elderly maybe Rodgers should wear a pair for effect of course. But no he's wearing them Rose Tinted ones just like the pair you've got on!! And as for us being bell ends what's so wrong in criticizing the manager when we are playing like we are. Start the next match thread v Madrid should be interesting what you have to say. Maybe you will take them glasses off before you begin, or you might end up saying a draw or if they are the extra think glasses you might go for a win.
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:43 am

Leeroy mate. I don't need any patronising instructions on how to support the team or the manager, especially from you  :;):

Rodgers and the team have been incredibly poor so far this season and you simply cannot ignore that fact. If the supporters showed as much desire and interest as the team did against Newcastle then there would be nobody inside Anfield. Fans pay a very high price to go to the game and I honestly expect a lot better in terms of effort. Gerrard has stated several times during interviews this season that we have not been good enough and that we must improve. Perhaps you should send him an email suggesting that he should be sacked for making such disparaging comments !! :censored:

Generally my glass is half full but to be honest mate even my usual positive outlook is being tested.

Good luck with your RM match thread. You had a very good run last season. It really is time you got you finger out. You've been absolutely useless this season  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:15 pm

BR might be stubborn, but I think it is more being a big headed! This man had so much achieved a surprise success last season which it was beyond his wild dream, all that was due to a World class player Suarez who had inspired the rest of the players in his display and he Suarez, SG and rest of the players almost won the title last season only to foiled by BR negative tactics in three games the like against Villa, Palace, WBA, dropping vital points which it could easily outpace M. City.  BR was hopeless in those games.

BR thinks he is a master class top manager due to surprise success he had last season, therefore, he decided to impose his own useless ideas this season by bring in new players especially in defence whereas he is until this day does not know how to rectify its chronic problem which it is ongoing from last season. He thought by changing the personal in that department would solve the problem, which it does indicate how naive he is. His big headed echo doesn’t allow him to bring a special defence coach to rectify this problem which it had also contributed largely for not winning the title last season, had we got a defence coach in first place we didn’t need the change defenders, the defence coach would had amend this problem.  If LFC does want to safe its disaster season which it will be ended without achieving the minimum requirement that is a fourth spot in league which on today’s showing it is impossible to achieve regardless the other competitions which the team will out of all by February 2015 if I am not wrong. To avoid safe the LFC from a disaster season to sack this manager and bring in an experience manager who could utilize positively the squad of players we have at present.
There are much better teams in league which will beat LFC for fourth spot, or even the fifth spot, the likes of M. United, Southampton, spurs and even the misfiring Everton.
No wonder why Alex Sanchez had refused to join LFC and play under BR!, he will have the same impact on Arsenal  as much as Suarez had on LFC.

I see no future for LFC under the present management, and the outcome will on be a disasters one.
algymoon

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:10 pm

We've spent 117,000,000 and Glen Johnson / Simon Mingolet and Martin Skrtel still play every week.

I look at our bench and still think WTF. Who can you say will come on and make a difference? other than Lallana? and maybe Lambert (as a target man).

You have to have confidence in your keeper and need to be pressing from the front.  (we got neither)

Mignolet's confidence is shot to pieces, the defence don't have confidence in him and Balotelli can't be arsed moving.

This result did not shock me one bit.

We are toothless upfront (no Suarez pun intended) but its extremely painful to watch and even more frustrating because Rodgers does NOTHING to change it.

Same team/tactics weekin week out.
Kopite-Jud

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games