Liverpool V Newcastle - Sat 1st Nov - 12.45pm K.O.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:27 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:23 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 pm wrote:This feels like one of those Worcester, Watford and Man City moments where managers in the past have drawn a line under one era and started again. To me the likes of Gerrard and Johnson need to be dropped and the knock on from that will be other players positions will then automatically come under scrutiny, for instance with Gerrard out of the team do we really need to pack our midfield with grafters like Allen and Hendo?

For fu'cks sake ! When are you and some others gonna stop blaming all our problems on Gerrard (who btw was clearly our best player by a country mile today)  and instead start turning your jaundiced eye on the fella that's supposedly managing this team ? You know, the tactical genius, the one that's spent a fortune on 9 players this summer some of whom (along with many supporters) must be wondering why the f*ck Rodgers signed them in the first place (because they hardly ever get any playing time ! ) .

:veryangry

Gerrard had a decent spell in the second half firing LONG balls through to our forwards but he was part of a one paced, flat midfield that never really imposed themselves on the game. The 2014 version of Steven Gerrard just doesn't suit Rodgers philosophy - he's a CM who can't press, he prefers to hit the ball long, he can't play high up the field and he can't cover the ground.
Rodgers, through a combination of poor signings and trying to be everyone's mate, is allowing the team to drift away from his own blueprint. Look at our style of football, in the last 20 minutes we were launching hoofs up field to two big men (Balotelli and Lambert)! We couldn't be further from the managers own philosophy if we tried.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:50 pm

This is another comedy show; it was so laughable beyond imagination!! Newcastle is a very average garbage team, but Liverpool was even worse they were absolute rubbish.
The Manager BR he does remind me some much of Rafa when he lost the plot,  BR had his team tactics so wrong from the start with wrong selection by playing one sole striker which the system can only resulted to score once every three games, which it had been the mould since start of season.

Liverpool season has already finished and the team form is of a bottom team and LFC is heading that way! It so alarming beyond conviction if we could lose against Chelsea next week, which it is more probable, then LFC can find themselves in bottom end of the league. However, you would hear BR saying that we will improve, and he had been saying that since August, but no improvement in sight. The man is out of his depth totally, his tactics are reflecting to his players which each player is taken him 3-4 touches before passing it on, slow pace, bad passing, can’t create a decent scoring chances, cannot score.

Just look at his changes during the match were absolute shambles of a manager who has no clue at all, taking off the most creative player Coutinho, which it should be the awful Henderson who ought to be taking off, he was a total Sh*t.  He should have started with two strikers 4-4-2 it is simply because we did not put any kind of pressure on Newcastle defence whatsoever, they had a comfortable game a stroll in park.

LFC is in real crisis at present and it will for sure will continue as long as BR is still in charge, therefore the club ownership ought to take urgent action and sack this big headed manager and replace him with more experience manager to hold the slide downward.
algymoon

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Who the f are all if you who only comes on the forum after the team loses? Alot of strange names who only posts after the team loses....
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:28 pm

algymoon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:50 pm wrote:This is another comedy show; it was so laughable beyond imagination!! Newcastle is a very average garbage team, but Liverpool was even worse they were absolute rubbish.
The Manager BR he does remind me some much of Rafa when he lost the plot,  BR had his team tactics so wrong from the start with wrong selection by playing one sole striker which the system can only resulted to score once every three games, which it had been the mould since start of season.

Liverpool season has already finished and the team form is of a bottom team and LFC is heading that way! It so alarming beyond conviction if we could lose against Chelsea next week, which it is more probable, then LFC can find themselves in bottom end of the league. However, you would hear BR saying that we will improve, and he had been saying that since August, but no improvement in sight. The man is out of his depth totally, his tactics are reflecting to his players which each player is taken him 3-4 touches before passing it on, slow pace, bad passing, can’t create a decent scoring chances, cannot score.

Just look at his changes during the match were absolute shambles of a manager who has no clue at all, taking off the most creative player Coutinho, which it should be the awful Henderson who ought to be taking off, he was a total Sh*t.  He should have started with two strikers 4-4-2 it is simply because we did not put any kind of pressure on Newcastle defence whatsoever, they had a comfortable game a stroll in park.

LFC is in real crisis at present and it will for sure will continue as long as BR is still in charge, therefore the club ownership ought to take urgent action and sack this big headed manager and replace him with more experience manager to hold the slide downward.

EXACTLY  2 upfront the system aint working but hes to stubborn. After first half on tuesday lambert and borini should of started hes knocking the players confidence by picking balotelli all the time CHANGE THE SYSTEM BRENDAN WERE NOT BARCELONA anymore without SUAREZ
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:29 pm

We were poor but Newcastle are not a garbage team. There are no easy games in this league.

We need to buck up our ideas and quick. Surely Rodgers can't have gone from saviour to rubbish in a matter of months.

Btw, the biggest regret is missing out on Sanchez. What a player, closest thing to Suarez. If only we had a player with the same desire and determination :-(
sniffy98

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:59 pm

What I can't understand about BR is his pig headedness, midweek we played about the best we have done since the Spurs game and yet he has to go back to the same tactics that have not worked in the league, why so many changes from the Swansea game, why are some players undropable in the league. If I was the owner I would be getting him in the office to ask what the fook is going on in his head.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:04 pm

sniffy98 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:29 pm wrote:We were poor but Newcastle are not a garbage team. There are no easy games in this league.

We need to buck up our ideas and quick. Surely Rodgers can't have gone from saviour to rubbish in a matter of months.

Btw, the biggest regret is missing out on Sanchez. What a player, closest thing to Suarez. If only we had a player with the same desire and determination :-(

But mate your missing the point if we had sanchez then play this system we havent so why try and force it when it wont work. im just worried cos no matter what he wont change his philosophy. This all goes back to carroll for me 35 million pound player and got rid before he even started working with him so that shows he wont play that way but then why buy balotelli when he said himself he likes help.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:11 pm

I wanted us to keep Carroll. If he could have stayed fit that is. BR was too quick to wipe the slate clean on that occasion but that's just my opinion.

Why then sign the likes of Lambert!

I think BR has tried to be too many things to too many people. But he is nowhere near as bad as this current form suggests.
sniffy98

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:25 pm

sniffy98 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:11 pm wrote:I wanted us to keep Carroll. If he could have stayed fit that is. BR was too quick to wipe the slate clean on that occasion but that's just my opinion.

Why then sign the likes of Lambert!

I think BR has tried to be too many things to too many people. But he is nowhere near as bad as this current form suggests.

when he joined rodgers after a month i said he had no plan b. well today i still think exact same. Saying that sturridge getting injured the 2nd time was very unlucky and the worst possible timing.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Boocity » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:59 pm wrote:What I can't understand about BR is his pig headedness, midweek we played about the best we have done since the Spurs game and yet he has to go back to the same tactics that have not worked in the league, why so many changes from the Swansea game, why are some players undropable in the league. If I was the owner I would be getting him in the office to ask what the fook is going on in his head.

Agree 100%
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:21 pm

We do lack variety. It's a bit too simple to just put it down to no plan b though. After all, most teams don't. Arsenal, Utd and Spuds certainly haven't got an alternate plan that works.

We are short of confidence. And sadly the personnel (so far) have just not been of the required level. It's sickening to think we might have done exactly what AVB did when all the noises made by BR suggested we'd do the opposite.
sniffy98

Postby eds » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:07 pm

maguskwt » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:14 pm wrote:Who the f are all if you who only comes on the forum after the team loses? Alot of strange names who only posts after the team loses....

Spaghetti noddles this thread is only 5 pages long, so I don't know why you are complaining?

You can expect match threads to GET much longer if we keep seeing the rubbish we saw at Newcastle.

And surprisingly the happy clap brigade have gone completely and utterly missing after today.  :laugh:

Haven't heard a word from the usual suspects..........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:35 am

I'm afraid that performance earlier is indefensible ,how Liverpool have gone from playing the most exciting football last season to the soulless ,passionless ,impotent ,spiritless ineffectual football we're currently displaying is a mystery, and the blame must fall  squarely at the managers door ,for the formation and line up he opted
for..... Surely being shorn of one player would not make us regress to the clueless collative we now see before us ? Rodgers insistence in the continuance of Gerrards
and Johnsons respective careers is painful to watch ,and goes against all his well versed philosophies .....And now he's added to the frustration of supporters by playing
with a lone striker ,when every man and his dog knows starting with two upfront bears significantly more fruit.

In Johnson's case I really don't know where to start ,perhaps the fact in the first 10 minutes he inspired four Newcastle attacks by losing the ball ,the first chance fell
when the game was only fucking two and a half mins old,and yet we had a kid on the bench that would bleed profusely for the team.

Sterling is so ostracised on the wing that he repeatedly comes inside to avoid being hemmed in ,Balotelli has to win the ball back himself as most of our play omits
his inclusion ,and Gerrard is the complete antithesis to a defensive midfielder ,I mean even if Rodgers was intent on bedding his new acquisitions into the team the
fans would accept that patience is needed ,we have Can ,we have Lallana ,we have Markovic and the only way they're going to get better is by affording them more
playing time.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:53 am

Worrying.  :(
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:41 am

I have no idea what I witnessed yesterday, but I can tell you that it was devoid of everything I know football to be.  Nobody really knows why BR has decided to change tactics this season, however, we the fans can see that it's not working,  he knows it's not working, yet he's stubborn enough to continue with it, why?  Last season we were closing the opposition down fast high up the pitch, this season nothing like it, and you certainly don't need LS to close teams down up top.  We still have the same players from last season, except LS, one player.

He's also stubborn about not bringing in a defensive coach, something we need.

I've heard that if results don't pick up in the next 3 or 4 games, the Owners will review his position as Coach / Manager.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games