Liverpool V Manure - Sunday 14th Dec KO 1.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:27 am

parchpea » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:17 pm wrote:Seems to be a modern condition that you have to side foot or pass the ball into the net.

Nobody just leathers it anymore even from free kicks, always placement.

Sterling can play as a forward as his runs are smart but his finishing isnt even championship standard, no composure at all, clumsy.

Even Balotelli side footed a couple and Couthino has a habit of it, just smash it.

The balls used nowadays are so light its hard to keep them down when you are trying to get behind it with all you have. The balls shift in the air and one second you think its on for the perfect header and then it breaks your nose  :nod  Penny-Floats is what we call them.

Personally though I don't think there is much wrong with side-footing it if you can. Dennis Berghamp was an absolute master at it  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:29 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:59 pm wrote:Carragher on Coutinho

Speaking to Sky Sports, Carragher said: “For the first goal, Coutinho not tracking Rooney is unforgivable. You can see it – it’s lazy.

Gerrard must have been so fast closing down the danger he was a veritable blur then,that's probably why it escaped Carra's keen eye   ???

He's never going to slate gerrard though in the same vein  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 pm

I dont get why we are playing Allen and Gerrard as holding defensive midfielders. Both are really slow and cant stop the quick counter attacks. Twice Valencia left Allen for dead, the second time he had to blatantly foul him and get a booking. We need someone quick, who has a brain, and has tons of energy. A player like Song who's now at West Ham would have been ideal.

Playing no striker from the get go was another glaring mistake and that also proved costly. Also changing keepers in a high profile match was borderline insane and clearly proves BR is desperate. Why not play similar to last year, we have similar players Iin the side to nearly make it work.

Mingnolet

Johnson            Skrtel               Toure                    Moreno

Gerrard/Lucas

Henderson                               Coutinho

Markovic              Sterling

Ballotelli
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:14 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:16 am wrote: A player like Song who's now at West Ham would have been perfect

Yes he would but BR wouldn't have signed him as he would have been a direct threat to SG in the position BR had created for him, his ego wouldn't allow that as he wanted to be known as the one who re-invented Gerrard as our Pirlo.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games