LIVERPOOL v Manchester City (CL) Wed 4th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:35 pm

IMO City are the best side left in the competition, if we beat these number 6 becomes a genuine possibility. The stakes don't come much higher than that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:29 pm

City are under all the pressure as from day one of the take over Champs League has been their no1 target, much like PSG.

We are a very good side and can win the tie, but City did look ominous at Everton yesterday.

Put it this way if they turf us out then they have shown what a great side they are as we are a handful in Europe, and City will see it as an important scalp.

The right side for us may be a problem with Sane in full flow, and for City without their first two choice left backs against Salah.

Goals Goals Goals, just enjoy it  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Massive massive game one which im nervous and bloody looking forward to. If we get past these lot i feel we can bring home number 6.

This will be tough and anything is possibly from a 3-1 win to a 3-1 loss heck it could even finish 5-4 to either side.

We all know City will try to exploit the right so our midfield will need to support our defence.

Question is who will Klopp play in the middle.

I feel it will be Ox, Hendo and Can.

If we can keep a clean sheet and get a couple of goals we will have a massive chance to progress.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Clean sheet will place a lot of pressure on City...I will welcome a modest 5 nil as well..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 pm

This is what we've been missing at Anfield the last few years... These big tense European nights. The Borussia Dortmund European tie in the Europa league was good in 2015.

Hopefully we can come out blazing like the first leg v Porto, but I'd happily take a 2-0. If we can keep a clean sheet at home, the second leg will be tense for man city at home, as we can hit them on the counter attack and they are bound to be cautious.

Our defence is going to be stretched considerably for this one I feel. We just have to stay composed. We may not be able to stop them scoring, but we, going forward are equally a big threat.

Bring it on!!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:38 pm

If City dont score at Anfield it will be some achievement perhaps unrealistic, we know that this team cant set a plan to keep it tight so its going to be toe to toe.

Must be fleeting thoughts from Klopp about a clean sheet at home but driven on by the crowd, the history and expectations, thats our fuel to the fire that kills almost 20 league points difference.

It will surely be a bare knuckle fight to the death, just how we like it  :nod
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:28 pm

A 0-0 would be a great result for us but I can't see us keeping them out. I'm glad Can will be fit for this one, these are the type of games where his power and energy are vital, he had a great game in the 4-3 in January as did Wijnaldum.
We are going to need our midfield to turn up again big time, if De Bruyne and Silva are allowed to boss this game the second leg will be a formality, it won't even be worth turning up at the Etihad on the 10th.
That's how important a job the likes of Emre, Hendo, Gini and AOC have, our CL future lies in their hands.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Crucial is high pressing and Breaking their play up In the Midfield areas.

Sometimes I cringe when we play just three in midfield. Some games, it is a good idea to play four or use a sweeper to protect the back four.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:54 am

I'll.have to admit we need abit of luck to win the fixture. You know one of those games where our players are at the right place, right time, perfect cross, small mistake by opposition, and we are some how scoring goals. 1-0 up, 2-0 up. Then keep it tight in the middle and back and ride out the storm. Problem is we are not a team that are good at riding out storms...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:40 am

maguskwt » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 am wrote:... Problem is we are not a team that are good at riding out storms...

We could concede 3 goals in 3 mins.

OR

We could score 3 goals in 3 mins.

Either way the bloody game is on at 5am in my timezone, not exactly a great time to have a heart attack.
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:26 am

killerp » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:40 am wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 am wrote:... Problem is we are not a team that are good at riding out storms...

We could concede 3 goals in 3 mins.

OR

We could score 3 goals in 3 mins.

Either way the bloody game is on at 5am in my timezone, not exactly a great time to have a heart attack.

Actually it's a great time mate. No traffic jam! :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:09 pm

We need to take a advantage into the second leg to go through, by..

1. Taking a sizable lead to the Eithad.
2. Keeping a clean sheet, or not conceding many.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Went to one of their forums to see what's up. Was abit astonished by the hatred they displayed? :laugh:
Don't understand why. I don't think we hate them as much as manure? And there some of them were saying they hate us more than their neighbours  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:17 pm

5 years ago Man City didn't have any fans so they're all ex-Someone else's fans, so who gives a Tommy Titt what they think?

They're going to focus on TAA so best we don't play him. I'd be tempted to play VVD and Matip then someone completely out of place at RB like the Ox.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Reg » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:17 pm wrote:5 years ago Man City didn't have any fans so they're all ex-Someone else's fans, so who gives a Tommy Titt what they think?

They're going to focus on TAA so best we don't play him. I'd be tempted to play VVD and Matip then someone completely out of place at RB like the Ox.

Lets play 10 man i say!! Really lads i don't know what's the big issue with TAA..Yes he is a young RB and Yes Sane would probably feast on him..But the last time Sane played Gomez he made a fool out of him as well and Clyne is no where to be seen so let's play the best RB we currently have and that's TAA. You can mitigate Sane issues with having someing coming the help TAA..
Anyway my main concern is KVB ,he is the mastermind of City and their MVP ,you limit him you solve half of your problems....I would be tempted to take Hendo which offers almost nothing and just have him shadow De Bruyne..Ugly tactics but i might work.
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games