LIVERPOOL v Manchester City (CL) Wed 4th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 am

Idiots. All clubs have them, sadly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 am

I have heard there was some social media calling for people to turn up with flares etc, even though our club threatened to prosecute anyone doing so outside the ground. Lunacy, and it makes us look bad. :( we don't even do that against the other manc scum. It's a shocker.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:29 am

Speechless.

Bedwetted.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:37 am

Missed this awesome match due to time difference. But I gotta say whenever I miss matches Liverpool seems to do well  :laugh: ... I don't know if I should miss the rest of the CL matches  :laugh:

The most important thing that came out of this result is that we did not concede any away goals. 3-0 is alot better than 3-1. Because City could easily play a 2-0 game at their stadium and go through. But 3-0 result is just massive for us.

for the return leg, our main goal have to be to score an away goal. If we score 1 goal at their home, they need to score 5 to go through, and it will also settle the players' nerves.

And yeah, attacking man city's bus was not on. What're these fans want to be known as? Hooligans?

Ox's goal was a beauty wasn't it? Stevie G would be proud. It's been a while we have someone who could really hit it from outside the box.

Anyway... super made up  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 am

Fantastic result, maybe the best European performance by the team ever as they were absolutely dominant against a very good side. Compared to Rafa's teams for example that always seem to be hanging on since they played defensively, this team is all out attack and fantastic to watch. If we make it through we will not play another defensive side so we could easily go all the way and take number six.

Fantastic performance by TAA and Milner, two players singled out as weak links, the youngster particularly important. It was clear City was targeting our right side and were snuffed out time and again. It is only half time but we go into the next leg against an attacking team with a lead, for a high pressing/counter attacking team that bodes well.

Can we? Yes we f*cking can  :buttrock

Walk On!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:29 am

Synergy is very powerful stuff. Every Liverpool player, manager and fan played their part to the absolute maximum. During the last 2 seasons City have spent £350m net. We have spent minus £35m net. In the last ten minutes of the first half City’s prima donnas looked shell shocked. Money is not the only way to win. It’s not over but if we score at the Etihad then their task will be a tad tricky !!

Well done lads. PROUD TO BE A RED !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Fair dues to City btw, that result last night must have really hurt (getting turned over 3-0 by a team 18 points below you in the table) but they haven't tried to use the incident with the bus as an excuse. With the stakes being so high I bet there are a good few clubs around Europe who'd be trying to get the game replayed behind closed doors now if they were in City's shoes.
I watched Guardiola's and De Bruyne's post match interviews as well and I have to say they showed a lot of class, more class than some of our fans did on the night I'm sad to say.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am wrote:Fair dues to City btw, that result last night must have really hurt (getting turned over 3-0 by a team 18 points below you in the table) but they haven't tried to use the incident with the bus as an excuse. With the stakes being so high I bet there are a good few clubs around Europe who'd be trying to get the game replayed behind closed doors now if they were in City's shoes.
I watched Guardiola's and De Bruyne's post match interviews as well and I have to say they showed a lot of class, more class than some of our fans did on the night I'm sad to say.

Try going to their forums...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:49 pm

maguskwt » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:42 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am wrote:Fair dues to City btw, that result last night must have really hurt (getting turned over 3-0 by a team 18 points below you in the table) but they haven't tried to use the incident with the bus as an excuse. With the stakes being so high I bet there are a good few clubs around Europe who'd be trying to get the game replayed behind closed doors now if they were in City's shoes.

Try going to their forums...  :laugh:

I'm talking about the club mate, not the fans.
Btw this tie is not over by a long chalk, we blew a 3 lead in 45 minutes against Seville back in November and conceded 3 goals in the space of just 5 minutes at the Emirates in December so our players need to go into this game on Tuesday with the mindset that the tie is poised at 0-0.
If we go into that second leg trying to win the game we will probably score that vital away goal which should be enough to see us through, if we try to get everyone behind the ball though and invite pressure on ourselves imo it will only be a matter of time before they score. They are not 18 points clear of us in the table by chance, they are a very good side.
Even if they get 1 it will be hold on to your hats time, once this City team get on a roll at home they are very difficult to stop.
Their hearts are going to be in their mouths anytime we are anywhere near their goal and we have to play on that nervousness, we can't give them an easy ride by allowing the ball to be 80 yards downfield near our box for the majority of the game.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:43 pm

We’ve conquered all of Europe We’re never gonna stop From Paris down to Turkey We’ve won the f*cking lot
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly The Fields of Anfield Road We are loyal supporters And we come from Liverpool
Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm

It ain't quite over yet. It will be if we can nick one goal on Tuesday.

Also, I see our club has been charged by Uefa over the events outside the ground. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:43 pm wrote:We’ve conquered all of Europe We’re never gonna stop From Paris down to Turkey We’ve won the f*cking lot
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly The Fields of Anfield Road We are loyal supporters And we come from Liverpool

Like every song our supporters sing it much too fast, it's sounds boss slow but our fans rush through it like it's a race.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:43 pm wrote:We’ve conquered all of Europe We’re never gonna stop From Paris down to Turkey We’ve won the f*cking lot

Like every song our supporters sing it much too fast, it's sounds boss slow but our fans rush through it like it's a race.

I think its because they want to quickly get to the allez part and jump up and down :D.

Top song though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am wrote:Btw this tie is not over by a long chalk, we blew a 3 lead in 45 minutes against Seville back in November and conceded 3 goals in the space of just 5 minutes at the Emirates in December so our players need to go into this game on Tuesday with the mindset that the tie is poised at 0-0.
If we go into that second leg trying to win the game we will probably score that vital away goal which should be enough to see us through, if we try to get everyone behind the ball though and invite pressure on ourselves imo it will only be a matter of time before they score. They are not 18 points clear of us in the table by chance, they are a very good side.

I get what you're saying mate but a lot of things are different from when we played Sevilla and City at home. The difference is called Virgil van Dijk, accompanied by the decision to drop liabilities like Moreno and Mignolet, introducing Robertson etc. What I'm trying to say is our defending has much improved since the arrival of VVD and although we still have a way to go, at least we don't look like conceding every time the oppo has the ball in the final third. Yesterday was a good example that we can defend on our day as well as attack now, City hardly had half a chance.

Virgil was a monster yesterday, he never lost a duel. Literally. Just look at his stats.
Lovren, despite all his faults, he always gives his best, he would go home in a wheelchair if need be, and yesterday was a good example of that.
TAA, what a game by the kid considering all the pressure he must have had on him. Bright future ahead of him.
Also, Milner, who I dubbed "useless" in midfield in big games, was a colossus yesterday. Both going forward and defensively.

All in all, a fine performance all around the pitch, not just in attack. Can really get used to that :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Taking a 3-0 lead to any ground in Europe I would expect Liverpool to win and I see no difference here ,what a fantastic result ,one early goal and City are finished and in all honesty I just cant see the reds not scoring at least 2 on this form ,massive credit to the midfield for closing down Silva and De Bruyne  all night and our defensive back line was just imperious. Magical night  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock Bring on Barca  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games