Liverpool V Man Utd - Sunday 22nd March K.O. 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Well this is the one we have all been waiting for, the battle for the top 4 hits fever pitch with this match, both our teams are now in good form and this should make for a really great game

The state of the Anfield pitch concerns me, but may benefit us more than them, seeing as we are kind of used to it and they have a bowling lawn to play on

Our selection will be interesting also, BR has some very tough decisions to make for this one, with SG back fit and Lucas there or there abouts, does he tinker with that midfield, or bring one or both back in, whatever he decides there will be some who agree and those who don't

I would like to see him start with the same team selection we played against Swansea, but perhaps move their positions around some, i would leave SG on the bench, however the possible injury to Moreno may throw up some problems that see SG come back in

So many permutations to be considered before the match even kicks off

I don't think a draw would be the end of the world for us, especially looking at their run of fixtures, but a win is all important for us, we must focus on the win and revenge for earlier in the season, as we then have Blackburn in the cup and our next EPL match is away to Arsenal  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:15 pm

I would have loved to have Lucas back for this but I wouldn't play any player in such a pivotal game who hasn't had a run out first.
So I'd leave the CM as it is, Joe Allen probably deserves his place on merit anyway. One good thing about a Hendo and Allen pairing is that they are a high energy duo which will help us press United high up the pitch.
Our last two performances haven't been great tbh but if the players can't get up for a season defining game at Anfield against United then they never will.
After an abysmal start to the season the players have shown tremendous character to turn it all around, atm we look like the best team in the division, you just want the lads to go out and prove that Sunday afternoon now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm

I'd be tempted to play Gerrard due to his understanding of the fixture and his passion for it. He would be inspirational to the rest of the team. That said, I dunno where I'd play him, or who for.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:47 am

Massive game, now's the time to set out our stall to win the league next year. It's time to be counted.

BR could have two gameplans, play Stevie from the off and see how it goes, or attack like hell then bring Stevie on in the second half to calm things down assuming we're up.

I don't give a monkey's as long as we batter the Manc bs'tards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Toughie this one. 3 or 4 games ago I would have been well confident of turning these over. Given our performances against Blackburn and Swansea this match looks more evenly matched.

In saying that, it's a game we really must win because lets be fair #1 they are an ordinary outfit and #2 Our following fixture is a toughie away at Arsenal so it's imperative we look for the win, and get the win IMHO.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Decides whether we make the top4 or not imo.

I'd have sterling starting upfront with Coutinho and Lallana supporting. Our main problem is with the wingback slots.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 pm

If we don't beat this Utd team at home then there's something wrong. They're dogsh!t.
They may be a place above us but they've had some spawn!

Van Gaal can get his neck fuk'd as well. I rate him about the same as Moyes.
Rooney can go jump too! He can take his wig with him too.
Falcao, I hope he plays. He can't hit the side of the Anfield Main Stand from 3 feet away let alone get it between the posts on the pitch.
Fellani - looks like a microphone, plays like a girl. He'll get sent off.

Let's rip them a new one.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:29 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:46 pm
Van Gaal can get his neck fuk'd as well. I rate him about the same as Moyes.
Rooney can go jump too! He can take his wig with him too.

:D  :D
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:39 am

Think we are a better side but they are the chattiest outfit going even without Ferguson.

Go for the throat and I think we will run them into the Anfield turf with our young side.

We played in first and second gear against Blackburn then Swansea, Rodgers and the team are
superb at managing things like that.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Like it or not this will be a case of which managers game tactics are more effective ,rather than the ability of the players involved.
Massive game ,and the winner could evolve into a monster in the chase for a top four place with the momentum garnered from a
victory,and for that reason alone we can't even entertain the notion of defeat 

Come on Redmen  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:58 am

The same powerful pressing game that was displayed against Manchester City is a pre-requisite. Attitude, determination and desire will be absolutely key to winning this game. Tactics as RBG has pointed out will be another vital factor. We can win this but it isnt going to be easy.

Van Girl knows just how important this game is to the disgruntled United fans. CL qualification is all they have left in an attempt to salvage something from a very poor season. I know they are a few points ahead of us but just look what they have spent to achieve that !! United spent £104m net in the last twelve months and £170m net in the last 24 months. To put things in perspective Liverpool have spent less than £60m net in the last 24 months.In the last 4 years United have spent £260m net. And those figures don't include the crazy money they are paying Falcao every week or the £6m loan fee. We have made some ***** ups in the transfer market but selling Wellbeck to Arsenal and bringing in Falcao has to be up there with some of the biggest of all time. Di Maria is a good player but never worth £60m and he has gone on to show why. United were desperate to make a staement of intent and it looks as if it might just bite them where it hurts. Losing the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra has hurt them and if they didn't have De Gea they would be in an even bigger mess.

Long may the disarray continue !!!!!!

If they don't get CL qualification will Van Girl be given the old heave ho ??? !!!

WE CAN BEAT THESE HORRIBLE FKR'S !!!!!

COYR !!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:51 am

This game is BIG.  I think with the fixtures coming up a comfortable win here could destroy their season.

Never in my life have i seen a sweatier horrible team than that sh!te.  Get battered every week and some how win.

I hope we put them to the sword and win by 3 or 4. 

Also hope De Gea has an ABSOLUTE nightmare.
Kopite-Jud

Postby C-R » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:39 pm

From BR's pre match press conference, just a few quotes...

"It's an important game.The rivalry is historic.It's a game at Anfield against a big rival.Psychologically a win would be big boost"

Rodgers on Sterling: "Been made clear by Raheem and his reps he wants to concentrate on his football and see what can be resolved in summer. The boy is happy here. This is the best place for him to be. I am sure it will be resolved."

Rodgers: "We have good momentum. Shown our qualities over past 3 months.Players deserve huge amount of credit. At home we're always confident. Coming into PL is different to where he (Van Gaal) has managed before. For us the challenge is to get above them. United have a lot of talent. They had big investment to bring in world class players. Van Gaal has shown he's a top class manager."

Rodgers on Gerrard: "It's been unfair on the boy. He's still a wonderful player. When he was injured, people were trying to write him off. "Firstly, he's a fan of this club. His support for Henderson, Allen been fantastic & his support for me incredible. Some trying to make a negative story which couldn't be further from the truth. I find it unfair on him. Playing or not playing, he shows unbelievable application and professionalism. Will still have big role to play."

Rodgers: "Lucas Leiva back training. Balotelli is fine now. He's back in training and feeling much better."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Cannot wait for this   :buttrock

Go at them from the off and they will fold  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Contrary to my default state of pessimism i truly believe we will wrack them ,this bubble name Manure has reached it's max size and who better to blow it then Liverpool.
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games