Liverpool V Man City - Sunday 1st March K.O. 12pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:20 am

This is what really matters!  Let's just hope that we have Henderson, Sakho and Coutinho are all back for this one

Sterling and Sturridge looked like they had both been kicked from pillar and post against Besiktas

We need to lift ourselves for this, had we not had that Besiktas match +extra time i thought we would have done City, but now all things considered i think not losing is more important
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:25 am

Just heard the team missed the plane back to Liverpool because the game went into extra time/penalties and traffic to the airport! They stayed overnight in Istanbul and will return friday morning. Even less time to recover/prepare for the City game! Can any one confirm?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:29 am

Reg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:25 am wrote:Just heard the team missed the plane back to Liverpool because the game went into extra time/penalties and traffic to the airport! They stayed overnight in Istanbul and will return friday morning. Even less time to recover/prepare for the City game! Can any one confirm?

I can't confirm but it, but this was posted by James Pearce of Liverpool Echo @ 11.30pm last night...  It won't help #LFC's mood that their coach is stuck in the mother of all traffic jams in Istanbul. Flight back will be delayed.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Reg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:25 am wrote:Just heard the team missed the plane back to Liverpool because the game went into extra time/penalties and traffic to the airport! They stayed overnight in Istanbul and will return friday morning. Even less time to recover/prepare for the City game! Can any one confirm?

#LFC flight back from Istanbul was delayed by around 90mins, Landed at John Lennon Airport at 4.20am
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Sakho, Coutinho and Henderson wasnt on that plane and you would hope will all be fresh for Sunday.

We have looked solid at the back but we havent really come up against any team that offers as much creativity that citeh do in Silva,Navas,Nasri and Aguero.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:37 am

Please no more Balotelli as a wide forward. Stick to players that work hard like Coutinho and Lallana. And no more Lovren (no more risk taking) either for this crucial game against the top 2 team in the league. I will go with this line-up:

Mignolet

Can      Skrtle      Sakho

Ibe          Henderson  Allen    Moreno
/Marko
         Lallana           Coutinho
                   Sturridge
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:13 pm

We are bound to have a few tired legs after that istan-Bull and in truth most of them will only be getting back to normality today. It will make a big difference if Sakho, Couts and Hendo are available.

That line up mags posted looks good but I'd start Markovic ahead of Ibe. I'd also bin allen if we had something to replace him with but if we do leave him out Yaya will have a field day  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:40 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm wrote:We are bound to have a few tired legs after that istan-Bull and in truth most of them will only be getting back to normality today. It will make a big difference if Sakho, Couts and Hendo are available.

That line up mags posted looks good but I'd start Markovic ahead of Ibe. I'd also bin allen if we had something to replace him with but if we do leave him out Yaya will have a field day  :laugh:

We got no one else for CM, both Gerrard and lucas are injured. Unless Kolo takes Can's place at right CB and Can goes DM. But Can's performance as DM against Besiktas left much to be desired. Maybe we should try Kolo as DM. Pit the Toure brothers against each other... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:59 am

Mignolet
Can   
Skrtel   
Sakho
Markovic
Henderson
Allen
Moreno
Sturridge
Coutinho
Balotelli

That's the team I want to see tomorrow ,but there's possibly more chance of Rodgers buying a coat from TK Maxx than seeing Mario again.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:54 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:59 pm wrote:Mignolet
Can   
Skrtel   
Sakho
Markovic
Henderson
Allen
Moreno
Sturridge
Coutinho
Balotelli

That's the team I want to see tomorrow ,but there's possibly more chance of Rodgers buying a coat from TK Maxx than seeing Mario again.

In a 3-4-3, where Sturridge leads the line, Balotelli is a square peg in a round hole. If we want to see balotelli and sturridge together it should be in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. If we're not ready to change the formation, Balotelli should be nowhere near 3-4-3 unless as an impact sub...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:40 am

I have to say I'm not feeling confident at all about our chances today.
I know it was a bit of a scratch side that we put out on Thursday but we were awful, the midfield could hardly string 3 passes together and all our forwards bar Balotelli were just giving the ball away as soon as they got it.
And never mind extra time I thought we were looking tired and leggy as early as the beginning of the second half so god knows what state we'll be in physically today.
Add to all that Yaya Toure returning and it doesn't look too clever.
I'm just hoping that we can pull a performance out from somewhere but as I say that's more in hope than expectation.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:49 am

Now is the time that this crop of players need to stand up and be counted...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Confirmed #LFC team v @MCFC: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Confirmed #LFC subs v @MCFC: Ward, Toure, Lambert, Sturridge, Borini, Balotelli, Williams

Ibe injured
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Shame about Ibe, probably needed a little rest anyway ?

Concern over Sturridge? still struggling to get match fit you think ?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Southampton lost yesterday, so this is a very good opportunity...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games