Liverpool V Man City - Sunday 1st March K.O. 12pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:57 pm

They had one shot on goal. Amazing second half. Big credit to Rogers tactics. Joe Allen gets some flack but he was a little terrier today - well done Joe.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:57 pm

:buttrock :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:12 pm

devaney » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:57 pm wrote:They had one shot on goal. Amazing second half. Big credit to Rogers tactics. Joe Allen gets some flack but he was a little terrier today - well done Joe.

Absolutely, it's hard to believe how good we were.

Silva, Aguero, Toure, Dzeko where the hell were they? That was their strongest team. They have no injuries in their squad, we have eight! Amazing stamina from the team after the mid-week 120 mins in Turkey.

Outstanding performance from the whole team. Immense. Emre Can, he is one exciting player to watch. I predict he's going to be world class.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 pm

only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:31 pm wrote:Sterling and Marco poor from the first moment why aren't the sub coming? BR is soooo late again

I watched the game although had no internet so couldn't comment. I thought all our players did a great job today, we all know you don't like Markovich and he has replaced your beloved Ibe but your constant attack on him is unwarranted.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Our young vibrant team ran them ragged and City had no answer to the intensity in our game.

Thought they might start bombarding our goal second half but the fitness levels and sheer graft of our lads ensured
they couldn't put anything together.

Still not sure about Lallana and Markovic but a wonderful team performance enhanced by two exceptional strikes.

If Couthino isn't on the list for a prem player of the year award there is no justice.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:40 pm

This performance and result has made my day, week, month

Over the moon here  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Boocity » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:31 pm wrote:Sterling and Marco poor from the first moment why aren't the sub coming? BR is soooo late again

I watched the game although had no internet so couldn't comment. I thought all our players did a great job today, we all know you don't like Markovich and he has replaced your beloved Ibe but your constant attack on him is unwarranted.

Mate except one good pass to LAllana he did absolutely nothing ,he looked totally out of his depth ,was the weakest in the team today.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:10 pm

I have to say I was not expecting a performance like that, you'd think City were the one's who got to bed 6am Friday morning not us!
Right across the team we were magnificent, Coutinho was simply phenominal but the likes of Hendo, Allen, Lovren, Skrtel and Lallana were all excellent too.
It wasn't just a question of ability either we showed real heart there too.
Well done!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:13 pm

only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:50 pm wrote:

Mate except one good pass to LAllana he did absolutely nothing ,he looked totally out of his depth ,was the weakest in the team today.

Markovic started slow but grew into the game, he's not just a pace merchant his passing is very intelligent and I actually thought we lost something when he went off and Sterling was moved wide.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:19 pm

only me » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm wrote:

nobody had a bad game today.

but more to the point, we just had an exceptional result with an exceptional team performance, but here you are again bitching about the same players you always bitch about, constantly, all the fecking time, on each and very fecking match thread there is.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Brilliant performance today, our best display of the season by miles and miles. Every player apart from Markovic had a good game brought something to the table, a real team effort. Couthino was sensational today, if he can keep this up then he become one of the top players in the league. Hendo and Allen both had there best performances in Liverpool shirts IMO, they totally bossed the middle of the park and were full of energy and purpose.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:27 pm

There were a few ropey patches mainly in the first half (e.g.some of Dejans passing was shocking) but overall a superb performance from the the team AND the manager today.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Probably our best result of the season, and a great game considering everything we had to go through. I thought Coutinho may have had the best game of his Liverpool career, and almost everybody played fantastically well. I thought Skrtel and Lovren in the back were really good, and really our defense made one mistake the entire game that resulted in a  goal. I didn't think city really looked like scoring much. I thought Marko was struggling tho. He kept trying to take people on and it wasn't working, and it seemed his crossing was just being hit into the box without really trying to pick anybody out. I thought Moreno was having similar issues with his crossing.

Our high-pressing defense was causing all sorts of issues. Credit to the players for the hard work, and credit to the manager. His mid-week decision to rest certain players clearly paid off, and we are in a great position to continue to push up the table.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:19 pm

Fantastic result!! My young lad told me it was a 3 o'clock kick off so I was logging on to watch it at 2.45 only to find it was over! Couldn't believe it when I saw the score on the Prem League website!
Fecking marvellous, I was dreading and expecting the heaviest defeat of the season, but I'm very glad to be wrong.
Definitely gonna watch Match of the Day tonight.
And Ireland won the rugby too!!! (Sorry boys lol)
Go on, "Only me", say something nice about Brendan. I dare ya!  :D
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:28 pm

Phenomenal performance ,every player gave their all ,Allen played the perfect game ,undoubtedly his finest display in a Liverpool shirt . Emre Can is just one of the most
composed and classiest players I've seen at the back since Alan Hansen. The second half was unbelievable the passion and fearless quick intricate passing totally had City
on the back foot.

Henderson's goal was Gerrardesque , striking the ball sweeter than a Frampton jab ,and Coutinho's exquisite goal gives breath to our chant' Poetry in Motion' ...We have
the best Brazilian in the league by a country mile ,a player capable of gracing Anfield with untold beauty for years to come.

Kudos for Rodgers in having the stones to leave two strikers on the bench ,it was a remarkably brave thing to do ,and the second half performance from the complete
collative in red had me positively drooling.

Three points of third ,with Arsenal and the Mancs still to play  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games