Liverpool V Man-City  14/01/18 KO@ 1600

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:10 am

Brilliant result. Lights up the whole city and makes us believe we can equal the Rafa team.

The world's at our feet, how badly do we want to win the league and EPL....  dream big. Coutinho was daft to jump ship.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 am

I'm talking to:

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum,
Sheikh Yamani,
Ayatollah Khomeini,
Anwar Sadat,
Lawrence of Arabia,
Yasser Arafat,
Bashar Al-Assad,
Boutros Boutros-Ghali,
Anthony Quinn,
Dodi Fayed,
Osama bin Laden,
Omar Sharif,
Saddam Hussein,
Faisal of Saudi Arabia,
Hosni Mubarak,
Ibn Saud,
Muammar al-Gaddafi

WE GAVE YOUR BOYS A B.LOODY GOOD BEATING!
   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 am

Cracking result and the perfect tonic to transfer saga

Well in lads   :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 am

7_Kewell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:01 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 pm wrote:Honourable mention to Emre Can today as well, i thought he was magnificent, I'll be sad to see him go tbh, okay he's not as classy as a Gerrard or Alonso but he gives us a presence in the middle of the park and he absolutely works his balls off.
Because he's such a big lad I think it often gets forgotten just how young he still is, his best years are still ahead of him and I think it will be a mistake to let him go. Give the lad what he wants, he's not asking the earth.

It's the release clause that's causing the problems. We simply don't give players release clauses. End of

We should...just not at a low-ish value that he demanded.

IMO we should give him what he want, but setting a realistic buy out clause and rightfully reward him for his performance. This is much preferred than losing him for nothing as I believe Can wanted to stay at Anfield for awhile
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:25 am

Fantastic win.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:58 am

Oh btw Can was ill before the game...hence he was subbed off as soon as we are in a commanding position...but he was immense all game
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 am

We were immense yesterday but we seriously need to learn how to protect a lead.

It was great to watch 2 sides stick to their guns and attack each other, none of this defensive *****. We believed in what we were believed in and went for them. Even the draw last season was a great match.

Great advert for the game that.

I might not say that if we didn't win but still  :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 am wrote:We were immense yesterday but we seriously need to learn how to protect a lead.

It was great to watch 2 sides stick to their guns and attack each other, none of this defensive *****. We believed in what we were believed in and went for them. Even the draw last season was a great match.

We have the ability going forward, without a doubt. Exciting, edge of the seat stuff. They're style of play suited us as it let us counter the spaces, I worry against teams that park the bus. If we can't break them down, I don't have confidence the back door stays shut... :Oo:
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:25 pm

It was an excellent and a huge win all the players were top draw apart from the keeper, in reality, we played with 10 players!
OX and CAN along with Salah, Manie, Gomez, and even not my favorite player Firmino did put in a good shift!
The club must buyer a Keeper urgently, and must beat Spurs, the Scum, and Chelsea and go on a long unbeaten run starting by next Monday.

Good Luck lads
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Gerrard30391 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 am wrote:We were immense yesterday but we seriously need to learn how to protect a lead.

We have the ability going forward, without a doubt. Exciting, edge of the seat stuff. They're style of play suited us as it let us counter the spaces, I worry against teams that park the bus. If we can't break them down, I don't have confidence the back door stays shut... :Oo:

Agree 100%, yesterdays win was terrific but City are the type of team which suits our style.
It's the teams who get 11 men behind the ball who we tend to struggle against.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 am

algymoon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:25 pm wrote:It was an excellent and a huge win all the players were top draw apart from the keeper, in reality, we played with 10 players!
OX and CAN along with Salah, Manie, Gomez, and even not my favorite player Firmino did put in a good shift!
The club must buyer a Keeper urgently, and must beat Spurs, the Scum, and Chelsea and go on a long unbeaten run starting by next Monday.

Good Luck lads

Wow... first post by algymoon that doesn't include the word "nutcase"...

As the saying goes there's always a first time for everything...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 am wrote:

Agree 100%, yesterdays win was terrific but City are the type of team which suits our style.
It's the teams who get 11 men behind the ball who we tend to struggle against.[/quote]

Maurice parks the bus.... a proud club like United are scared of attacking football.  :oops:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Been watching a re-run of the game.

Is it just me OR did we at times ride our luck just a little bit ?

Don't want to take anything away from the job our lads did and I'm probably being super critical here BUT

4-1 up with 8 minutes to go , and the game ends 4-3  :wwww

Took the gloss of the win for me   :(

Also gotta say, Mane ! . I celebrated his goal like a nutcase, almost knocked my TV off it's stand (  :D  ) BUT, looking at it again he really should have squared it across the box.

Great result but I'm not getting carried away, we are still very much a work in progress .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:53 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 pm wrote: Great result but I'm not getting carried away, we are still very much a work in progress .

That's been our problem for the last 25 years Woof! always in transition and never the final product.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games